Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message from Eifert
It sucks, and I'm a big fan of this kid!! well respected by all his teammates, coaches,management, and I think the feeling is mutual! He wants to win in Cincy and I hope they do resign this guy!! Whodey!! #85!!!
Reply/Quote
If he's healthy and can pass a physical then I'd have no problem giving him another one year deal, but we will need to proceed as if he's not on the team. I'd still draft one in the first few rounds. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Perhaps he may never be able to play football again, but he will always have his mullet with him. Jerry
Reply/Quote
He needs to start thinking about the future. When he hits about 40 these injuries - even though technically healed - will start to catch up to him. And that's on top of all the normal football wear and tear. Dudes mentally tough, he doesn't need to prove anything to me. It just isn't meant to be.

Walk away while you still can Tyler. You may not get up from the next one.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 10:43 PM)pally Wrote: at least his foot is pointing the right direction

Nice, happy look of effective pain medication at the very least ..I know that feeling very well.  Lol
I'm very glad that the team was able to pull off the win for him as well . In retrospect his injury probably had an effect on the rest of the team to win the game for Tyler Eifert as much as  any other reason. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 01:48 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: He needs to start thinking about the future. When he hits about 40 these injuries - even though technically healed - will start to catch up to him. And that's on top of all the normal football wear and tear. Dudes mentally tough, he doesn't need to prove anything to me. It just isn't meant to be.

Walk away while you still can Tyler. You may not get up from the next one.
Medical science is light years beyond what it used to be when it comes to repairing limbs.. By the time he's my age he'll probably have a new leg and foot better than his original equipment.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I snapped my Tibia and Fibula playing basketball in June, and I'm back running as of last week.

He might have to play next year or maybe the rest of his career with a plate in or something but it sounds like he'll be back. Apparently breaking an ankle isn't as hard to fix as it used to be.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 12:50 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If he's healthy and can pass a physical then I'd have no problem giving him another one year deal, but we will need to proceed as if he's not on the team. I'd still draft one in the first few rounds

I have to agree to this. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 03:15 AM)ben_lewtas9 Wrote: I snapped my Tibia and Fibula playing basketball in June, and I'm back running as of last week.

He might have to play next year or maybe the rest of his career with a plate in or something but it sounds like he'll be back. Apparently breaking an ankle isn't as hard to fix as it used to be.

Yeah, he's way better off with a broken ankle than a twisted up knee or something. Minor setback....
Reply/Quote