Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message to MB - Will you ever go all in for the fans?
(09-20-2019, 10:28 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  The TO signing was not a "Wow"

This is a complete lie and you know it.

The fans went crazy with Super Bowl talk when we signed TO.  The year before we had won the division, but our offense had collapsed when we lost our only deep threat other than Chad.  TO was considered THE missing piece.

BTW how you going to sell Mike on bringing in Ramsey when plenty of other fans disagree with that move?  Fans like ot complain about Mike never doing "what fans want" when what they really mean is "what I want".

If trading for Ramsey is what it takes to prove a team wants to win it looks like 31 other teams don't want to win this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 04:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They actually spend a sizeable amount in free agency this year...just on role players.

Now for all I know, maybe guys didn't want to come and play for the Bengals Coaches and Staff.

Let's face it, hiring your 6th choice for DC doesn't exactly make free agents say: Wow - I want to go there!

And then hiring Jim Turner as the O-Line Coach.

The Bengals are like an Amish grocery store. They are ran by the family, for the family. Everyone has the same mindset and beliefs, they don’t care what the big time retailers are doing because they believe their way is the “right” way. They never have Brand name items (top tier free agents), just some off brand stuff you’ve never really heard of but tell you it’s just as good as the Brand name stuff (we all know it’s not). Everyone working there is related somehow. And of course, no matter how hard they work during the week.....They always take Sundays off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 04:58 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The Bengals are like an Amish grocery store. They are ran by the family, for the family. Everyone has the same mindset and beliefs, they don’t care what the big time retailers are doing because they believe their way is the “right” way. They never have Brand name items (top tier free agents), just some off brand stuff you’ve never really heard of but tell you it’s just as good as the Brand name stuff (we all know it’s not). Everyone working there is related somehow. And of course, no matter how hard they work during the week.....They always take Sundays off.

Your knowledge of Amish grocery stores is impressive!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a complete lie and you know it.

The fans went crazy with Super Bowl talk when we signed TO.  The year before we had won the division, but our offense had collapsed when we lost our only deep threat other than Chad.  TO was considered THE missing piece.

BTW how you going to sell Mike on bringing in Ramsey when plenty of other fans disagree with that move?  Fans like ot complain about Mike never doing "what fans want" when what they really mean is "what I want".

If trading for Ramsey is what it takes to prove a team wants to win it looks like 31 other teams don't want to win this year.

TO and Bryant. I remember it well. I can still feel the sunshine coming through the window of my work van while i was sitting at McDonalds eating lunch and reading the sports page about how good they were going to be that year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 05:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Your knowledge of Amish grocery stores is impressive!

I literally live 10 minutes from one. They do have killer homemade donuts though.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 05:04 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I literally live 10 minutes from one. They do have killer homemade donuts though.

They ever have deer loaf with cheese? Awesome stuff. Try it if they do.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 05:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: TO and Bryant. I remember it well. I can still feel the sunshine coming through the window of my work van while i was sitting at McDonalds eating lunch and reading the sports page about how good they were going to be that year. 

If only Antonio could've stayed healthy... And if Matt Jones could've made the team.

What'd they lose? 10 games in a row that year?

The Bengals are funny!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 05:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Your fans have been faithful throughout the years. Here is my pitch;

I was a club season ticket holder for a very long time. My friends and family at one point held 8 seats.

Show us Mike Brown you are capable of a big move and we will call the ticket office and sign up for season tickets again. Get a trade down for Jalen Ramsey this week so he is ready to play in week 4.

If not, we will sit on the sidelines and never attend another game as long as you are in charge.

Who lives in the area and would join us? Any season tickets in any section would suffice. Would you support the move, the gesture and not maybe agree with the played involved?

The fans need to feel you will do whatever it takes to put a winning team on the field, that is not close to being a reality now.

Dear Luvinit2,
 Thank you for your very thoughtful letter. I love hearing feedback from the fans and take your words and suggestions very seriously. for example, people love the chili at the stadium and I made sure there would be enough for all fans to purchase (especially on those classic cold Ohio Sundays) Might I suggest a beverage to wash that down with? 

And of course we had alot of suggestions about making it easier to purchase Bengal merchandise. I listen and i hear you, and as a result we opened 60% more kiosks around the stadium to make it more convenient to purchase a jersey from your favorite player. 

We even have a surprise for you at the next home game based on the high demand from our fans. Is it a big trade for Jalen Ramsey? Of course not, that isn't what the majority of fans want. what they do want is the "Nick Vigil Rat Tail" So come down and buy and wear it while cheering on them Bengals with your new look.

Thank you again and put your mind at ease, Im listening and responding!

See you at the next game,

Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a complete lie and you know it.

I am glad you were excited, I am glad others were as well.

I was never a TO fan, I think Chad was a cancer and teaming him with Chad gave us two me first WR's on same team.

No lie told, just my opinion based on my feelings of TO, but to be fair fans in off season get hyped bout  lot of draft picks putting us over the top. I remember Binns being our savior one year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Will Mike Brown ever go all in for the fans?

Consider this:

Quote: Frog and Scorpion

Once upon a time there was a frog. One day, Frog was sitting by a river bank when along came a Scorpion.

“Hello brother Frog,” said Scorpion. “I wonder if you might be so kind as to give me a ride across the river on your back.”

Frog knew that Scorpion could not swim.

“I don't think that's a good idea,” said Frog. “You have a deadly sting. You might kill me.”

“But why would I do that?” replied Scorpion. “If I stung you, we would both die.”

“Mmm,” thought Frog. “That makes sense.”

“Alright Scorpion, jump onto my back and I will give you a ride across the river,” he said.

So Scorpion jumped onto Frog's back and Frog began to swim across the river. But halfway across, Scorpion took his deadly sting and stuck it into Frog's back. And as the poison filled Frog's body his arms began to stiffen and they both began to sink. “Why?” gasped Frog in despair.
“Sorry Frog,” said Scorpion. “It's my nature.” And Frog and Scorpion died.

It’s not in Mike Brown’s nature.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 04:58 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The Bengals are like an Amish grocery store. They are ran by the family, for the family. Everyone has the same mindset and beliefs, they don’t care what the big time retailers are doing because they believe their way is the “right” way. They never have Brand name items (top tier free agents), just some off brand stuff you’ve never really heard of but tell you it’s just as good as the Brand name stuff (we all know it’s not). Everyone working there is related somehow. And of course, no matter how hard they work during the week.....They always take Sundays off.

Who knew Mike Brown has a secret long beard and runs around town with a horse and buggy still? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Quote:TO and Bryant. I remember it well. I can still feel the sunshine coming through the window of my work van while i was sitting at McDonalds eating lunch and reading the sports page about how good they were going to be that year. 
So easy to fix this line..
TO and Bryant. I remember it well. I can still feel the sunshine being pumped up my ass while I was sitting at McDonalds eating lunch reading the sports page about what a joke this team was gonna be that year..

Obviously we were sitting at different McDonalds franchises reading different newspapers...  Cool It's not often you get a sunburn on your rectum, but somehow the Bengals manage.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2019, 12:16 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  
I am glad you were excited, I am glad others were as well.

I was never a TO fan, I think Chad was a cancer and teaming him with Chad gave us two me first WR's on same team.

No lie told, just my opinion based on my feelings of TO, but to be fair fans in off season get hyped bout  lot of draft picks putting us over the top. I remember Binns being our savior one year.

I thought to played well that year. Also dont remember him pulling any of his usual me me drama either.
Reply/Quote