Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message to MB - Will you ever go all in for the fans?
(09-19-2019, 07:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I just think you are plan wrong... Taylor is the person that turns this team around not a ass hole like Ramsey 

In 2019?

Wrong even a great coach like BB needed Tom Brady as he was sub a .500 coach prior to Brady with Browns. He had ine winning season out of 5 and was 36-44.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/BeliBi0.htm

Taylor loos to be a good HC, but lack of talent gets coaches fired.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 07:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 2015 would have been a great time to make a move for a "player to put us over the top".  That was a truly talented team, best I had seen since the Superbowl teams.

I agree, but MB can't go back in time and make those moves.

He can do something right now to show he is committed to winning. His actions show he is not and I have supported MB as much as many in this forum.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 08:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, but MB can't go back in time and make those moves.

He can do something right now to show he is committed to winning. His actions show he is not and I have supported MB as much as many in this forum.

Oh yes, there are a lot of "small time" deals that they could have made, and improved the team a little bit with each one.  But, that is just not their style of doing business.  Sucks to love a team that's not hell-bent on winning.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 07:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ramsey has only played in 50 games. Might be a little early to put him in Canton...

I said potential HOF CB

2 Pro Bowls and the PFF crowd, in 2018 he had a ranking of 92.8. His rookie year tore his meniscus and missed TC or may have been 3 time pro bowl player.

He is off to a great start. Just as AJ is game planned for, Ramsey causes OC's to know where he is at and work away from him

Reply/Quote
"Goin' all in for ya Pal!"

[Image: th?id=OIP.rXKRPDybj04MnKWMryU3-QHaEK&pid...=279&h=158]
[Image: th?id=OIP.99EXKVk1Y4lWUJmDBE-xnAHaDg&pid...=346&h=165]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Dear Mr. Luvnit2,
This is a business. I am late for my frosty so let me answer quick. NO!!!!
Regards,
MB
Ps. I have great deals on 10 year season ticket family packs.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown gives two shits about the Bengal fans. All he cares about maintaining control of the team and $$$$$$$

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 08:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In 2019?

Wrong even a great coach like BB needed Tom Brady as he was sub a .500 coach prior to Brady with Browns. He had ine winning season out of 5 and was 36-44.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/BeliBi0.htm

Taylor loos to be a good HC, but lack of talent gets coaches fired.

Ol' Bill even had Nick Saban as his DC...
Reply/Quote
Straightforward answer to your question,,,,,NO
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 06:32 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I appreciate your passion, but we all know it's not going to happen.  Pleas, billboards, boycotting home games, the fan-fueled trade suggestions...  It's just waves on a beach to MB.  Ain't nothing gonna change.

Yeah. Mike Brown is going to only do what Mike Brown wants to do and what he thinks is right. 

He couldn't care less about what fans want. He already believes what he's doing is the right way to do it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Jalen Ramsey wants to play for a winner. Tis not us.
Reply/Quote
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this team is about 5 starters away from being decent and this one guy won’t make much of a difference this season. Just acquiring him would make someone buy season tickets?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 06:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No doubt some will need more and more is needed to entice fans.

But, just one time I think our fan base would like to see us take a stab at a HOF type player, it may not work out, but that would be OK with me because they tried versus business as usual (losing mentality or do just enough to keep some happy).

Two words: Terrell Owens.
Reply/Quote
I'd send Mike Brown a letter but I'm pretty sure it would just get buried under a pile of revenue sharing checks.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 11:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Two words: Terrell Owens.

TO was a has been who signed with us for peanuts. Bad comparisom

Better would have been Randy Moss in his prime versus the Pats getting him

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 12:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: TO was a has been who signed with us for peanuts. Bad comparisom

Bette would have been Randy Moss in his rime versus the Pats getting him

TO had almost 1k yds and 9 TD for us that year. He could obviously still play.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 09:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: TO had almost 1k yds and 9 TD for us that year. He could obviously still play.

You can argue a player in the twilight of his career and making 20% of top players at his position is equivalent to a 4th year player with a great career ahead of him, but you lose the argument.  The TO signing was not a "Wow" we just traded for a stud who is young. He was more of a value signing.

Reply/Quote
I have reservations about Ramsey. He's a malcontent, AJ and him didn't exactly exchange Christmas cards the last time they met. Yes, he'd be our best DB on the field, but we are trying to build something here without the constant drama. Writing a letter to MB, would probably be a waste of your time. Pretty sure Ramsey didn't have us in mind when he asked for a trade.
Reply/Quote
He went in on TO one time and it scar’d him for life.
Reply/Quote
I’m all set with giving up a 1st round pick or more for Ramsey this team has a ton holes and isn’t close to being a true competitor. With the way are defense is playing and how we’re running the ball that 1st round pick might end up being a top 5 pick. Enough with the skill positions this team needs front 7 help on defense and offensive line help. But I agree the front office needs to do more. When the boos were raining down in a half empty stadium against the 49ers could Mike Brown and company sit there watching thinking they did enough to help this team be competitive? When all they did was add B.W Webb and Kerry Wynn to a historically bad defense. They should be charged with Neglect for not upgrading the linebacker core.
Reply/Quote