Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Met The Strength and Conditioning Coach
Keep up the hard work Brad! What you're doing is highly inspirational.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Running for the first time since the wreck.

Brad, first of all, let me tell you that I love when I see people overcome obstacles.  It is a large part of what fuels me as a coach.  I had read before your comments about a "voice machine" and I just assumed that it was something you were born with.  It is simply awesome that you still have the determination to work out and feel "like an athlete", a full 16 years after your accident.   There are many people that have no physical limitations that choose to neglect their bodies and simply do nothing.  Huge props to you, man.  Your story inspired me. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Inspirational stuff Brad, I never knew.

Just shows the power of the internet doesn't it. On here we are all judged by our thoughts and ideas, with (for me at least) no real idea of the people behind the posts. A total level playing field.

Reply/Quote
Hit him up for some tickets.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 09:08 AM)Emphasis Wrote: Keep up the hard work Brad! What you're doing is highly inspirational.
Don't know about the inspirational part or even the hard work..........  I just don't know how to quit.  I'm always going to look to do more.

Thanks, though!
(11-10-2015, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Brad, first of all, let me tell you that I love when I see people overcome obstacles.  It is a large part of what fuels me as a coach.  I had read before your comments about a "voice machine" and I just assumed that it was something you were born with.  It is simply awesome that you still have the determination to work out and feel "like an athlete", a full 16 years after your accident.   There are many people that have no physical limitations that choose to neglect their bodies and simply do nothing.  Huge props to you, man.  Your story inspired me. 
Thank you very much for the words!

I agree that some people just lay around in life with no drive to improve or better themselves and are fine with gliding through life with never experiencing what it's like to live.  It's why something like 75% of men are overweight.

I'm not saying I'm better than anyone because a lot of people are happy like that, but I could just never do it.  Any day where I don't find the energy to go out and do something, I feel like a bum and like that day's a failure.

If you think you can have me in to present to your team (or entire school or groups at the school), let me know and I'll email you a sample version of my presentation.

My website at bradfritz.org has some of the basics (waiting to go under construction), but you don't get to see it in the true presentation form or with nearly as many pictures (the email version doesn't have the videos of me playing football or running, but it has most of the other stuff).
(11-10-2015, 09:13 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Inspirational stuff Brad, I never knew.

Just shows the power of the internet doesn't it. On here we are all judged by our thoughts and ideas, with (for me at least) no real idea of the people behind the posts. A total level playing field.

The highlighted part is especially true for me lol, but that's also why I have no problem with it.  People on here laugh at my ideas or think they're stupid and I just laugh because they think that not taking any risks or going out on a limb, even with their comments, makes them normal and successful posters.

Oh well, if that's what floats their boats.  I guess that's why I have no problem posting controversial ideas.  People are uncomfortable even with ideas that are outside the norm.
Reply/Quote
Its far too easy to focus sometimes on the " I can't" It takes a strong person to stay focused on the "I can"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Brad, first of all, let me tell you that I love when I see people overcome obstacles.  It is a large part of what fuels me as a coach.  I had read before your comments about a "voice machine" and I just assumed that it was something you were born with.  It is simply awesome that you still have the determination to work out and feel "like an athlete", a full 16 years after your accident.   There are many people that have no physical limitations that choose to neglect their bodies and simply do nothing.  Huge props to you, man.  Your story inspired me. 

This is so true.  
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 06:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't know about the inspirational part or even the hard work..........  I just don't know how to quit.  I'm always going to look to do more.

Thanks, though!
Thank you very much for the words!

I agree that some people just lay around in life with no drive to improve or better themselves and are fine with gliding through life with never experiencing what it's like to live.  It's why something like 75% of men are overweight.

I'm not saying I'm better than anyone because a lot of people are happy like that, but I could just never do it.  Any day where I don't find the energy to go out and do something, I feel like a bum and like that day's a failure.

If you think you can have me in to present to your team (or entire school or groups at the school), let me know and I'll email you a sample version of my presentation.

My website at bradfritz.org has some of the basics (waiting to go under construction), but you don't get to see it in the true presentation form or with nearly as many pictures (the email version doesn't have the videos of me playing football or running, but it has most of the other stuff).

The highlighted part is especially true for me lol, but that's also why I have no problem with it.  People on here laugh at my ideas or think they're stupid and I just laugh because they think that not taking any risks or going out on a limb, even with their comments, makes them normal and successful posters.

Oh well, if that's what floats their boats.  I guess that's why I have no problem posting controversial ideas.  People are uncomfortable even with ideas that are outside the norm.

I will absolutely do that, Brad.  This is the tough time of the season for these kids, and I am always trying to think of outside the box ways to motivate them.  

I am a swim coach for a group of kids in the Centerville/Dayton area.  I coach as a volunteer, and I won't accept payment for coaching.  It is my way of giving back to the sport that gave me so much.  I have also coached baseball and soccer, as I did those sports as well.  Ironically, the only thing I have not really coached that I did was football.  I have coached swimming for nearly 30 years now.  

Again, thanks for sharing your story and FWIW I like when people post things that are "outside the box" and express different viewpoints from the norm.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 11:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will absolutely do that, Brad.  This is the tough time of the season for these kids, and I am always trying to think of outside the box ways to motivate them.  

I am a swim coach for a group of kids in the Centerville/Dayton area.  I coach as a volunteer, and I won't accept payment for coaching.  It is my way of giving back to the sport that gave me so much.  I have also coached baseball and soccer, as I did those sports as well.  Ironically, the only thing I have not really coached that I did was football.  I have coached swimming for nearly 30 years now.  
Getting paid for something like coaching almost makes it not as enjoyable (to people who see making money as making it a job), so good for you for doing it just to help kids.  I normally only get paid when I have to cover expenses, which, even when I do get paid, I still never even think about money.  I almost got kicked out of an organization I present through because they wanted me to change my presentation and just make it like it wasn't even mine, and they tried to justify it by saying that they're paying me, so I said "ok, I quit," because the money doesn't matter to me, and they backed down.

My old man played basketball and baseball at Dayton and I almost went to Wright State.

Quote:Again, thanks for sharing your story and FWIW I like when people post things that are "outside the box" and express different viewpoints from the norm.  
It's not a problem at all.  I just felt like I had to share because it was awesome of him to do.

Seem to get me trashed by a lot of people when I post things that are outside the norm and aren't just going along with the flow.

A lot of my thoughts are way outside the box, but people see that as justification to try and rip me apart on my all my ideas, even the ones that aren't outside the box.

Oh well........  that's what I get for having an independent mind.
Reply/Quote
Glad that you met Brad! Sounds like a great guy and a coach!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
Wow!! Very impressive. Keep up the great work. You truly are in inspiration. :)
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 03:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Seem to get me trashed by a lot of people when I post things that are outside the norm and aren't just going along with the flow.

A lot of my thoughts are way outside the box, but people see that as justification to try and rip me apart on my all my ideas, even the ones that aren't outside the box.

Oh well........  that's what I get for having an independent mind.

Nothing wrong with an independent mind.  

The only time you get ripped on is when people point out that you are wrong and you refuse to accept it.  Guys like Devil's Advocate posts lots of ideas that are "outside the box", but his threads don't turn into dumpster fires because he stays on the issue instead of turning them into a stream of personal attacks.
Reply/Quote
That is amazing, good for you. I've seen you make mention of some physical problems, but never knew the cause. I cannot even begin to imagine the feeling you must have had when you got on that treadmill. Congratulations sir!
Reply/Quote
On the news? Why?
Reply/Quote
I know Cliff. Hes a great guy.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Running for the first time since the wreck.

(11-11-2015, 03:05 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: On the news? Why?
Ran for the first time since the day of the wreck.  See the link above.
(11-11-2015, 03:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I know Cliff. Hes a great guy.

Definitely a great guy.  Was humble, down-to-earth, and just seemed like he had a genuine interest in helping me.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 02:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ran for the first time since the day of the wreck.  See the link above.

Definitely a great guy.  Was humble, down-to-earth, and just seemed like he had a genuine interest in helping me.

Cliff and the entire Ignition team are good at what they do. They also blend Jesus' teachings and Christian principals into their training which makes it even cooler. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 10:52 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Cliff and the entire Ignition team are good at what they do. They also blend Jesus' teachings and Christian principals into their training which makes it even cooler. 

OMG SO KEWL!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Brad,
Quite the inspiration. My younger brother was in an accident in February and had a severe tbi. He has progressed nicely and we are just now getting back into some physical things. We have began lifting and he's a little self conscious I know because he can lift so little (although when you consider six months ago he was learning to walk again still pretty impressive). We used to love to play basketball together and had gotten to the point where we were close to being a match. (I'm 11 years older than him, he just turned 21). I haven't been able to get him to play again, and I know it's because of insecurities ( i don't know that he could jump yet but he could shoot) I'd love to ball with him again. I will be sharing your story with him. Thanks for being open so that others can be encouraged through your efforts.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 10:52 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Cliff and the entire Ignition team are good at what they do. They also blend Jesus' teachings and Christian principals into their training which makes it even cooler. 

sounds completely unneeded for weight training... I wouldnt keep them as my trainers if they started pushing their religion. religion and work should be separate. and people that push it on others (well ill save that for another thread)
Reply/Quote