Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metal Worker Shuts Down 9/11 Truthers... With His Pinkie!
I suppose this is the right forum for this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/metal-worker-911-truthers_56721a31e4b0648fe3023b4d?cps=gravity_2425_-4731952758020368135

Quote:

"Jet fuel can't melt steel" is the unofficial rallying cry of 9/11 truthers. It's also completely irrelevant, because steel doesn't have to melt to lose its strength.

"If you hold this up as a reason for conspiracy, you are an idiot," Trenton Tye, a Georgia blacksmith who runs Purgatory Ironworks and has been featured on the History Channel, said in a new video that debunks one of the truthers' core arguments.

Tye said that while steel melts at about 2,700 degrees -- well above the 1,500-degree heat of a jet fuel fire -- it weakens at a much lower temperature.  

He then did a simple video demonstration to make his point.

Using just his pinkie, he showed what you can do to hot steel at 1,800 degrees, long before it reaches its melting point:  
[Image: giphy.gif]

Or as he puts it...

While the steel hasn't melted, it's clearly so weak it's easy to see how it could cause a building to collapse.

"Your argument is invalid, get over it," he says as he bends the "noodle" of steel. "Find a job."

Time for a metallurgical mic drop:

(h/t Mediaite)
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Wait for the, "But that doesn't explain X" response...
He had to get it up to 1,800 degrees to do that. jets fuel only heats to 1,500 degrees. He's a fraud working for the CIA. Ninja

Building 7 was a planned demolition. Jet fuel can't melt Steely McBeam!!!!!!

[Image: steely.jpg]

WAKE UP SHEEP! WAKE UP!
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Couldn't you have just sent this in a PM to Brad? I think he's one of the very few that still argues that it was a conspiracy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I actually just unfriended someone on Facebook who kept posting truther stuff.
I am not solid on either side, really.
All the components were there to create thermite, so beams would yield to that.
However, the buildings were due for a massive removal of asbestos, which was expected to total hundreds of millions of dollars.
I'd expect that it had a lot to do with the breathing issues of the first responders.

Dunno....

God I love South Park. LMAO
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(12-21-2015, 07:06 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote:

God I love South Park. LMAO

Best part of that episode is where it wasn't really an inside job but they did everything to make people think it was...and then you find out it was Stan who dropped the deuce in the urinal
Get yourself an empty pop can.
Make sure there's no dents anywhere on the can, especially the side.
Stand on the pop can, don't stomp, just stand on it with one foot, try not to crush it.
The can is structurally sound and it won't collapse.
Now, have someone hit it with a small rock or tap the side enough to make a slight dent.

CRUSH!!!

This is what happened to those buildings. Heat, broken and bent beams and weight made those buildings callapse.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(12-21-2015, 06:33 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I am not solid on either side, really.
All the components were there to create thermite, so beams would yield to that.
However,  the buildings were due for a massive removal of asbestos,  which was expected to total hundreds of millions of dollars.
I'd expect that it had a lot to do with the breathing issues of the first responders.

Dunno....
This is America. Tax breaks would have offset most of the cost of removal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]