Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metallica on Ice...
Lol anyone going to brave the artic weather and see Metallica tonight?   Its almost like we get to experience their Antarctica concert...

If your going I recommend trying to reserve a parking spot with the app spot hero..    so you don't have a 20+ minute walk in the land of ice and snow
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 12:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Lol anyone going to brave the artic weather and see Metallica tonight?   Its almost like we get to experience their Antarctica concert...

If your going I recommend trying to reserve a parking spot with the app spot hero..    so you don't have a 20+ minute walk in the land of ice and snow

With the exception of a couple of songs, I haven't really liked Metallica for almost 30 years now. The thread title had me wondering... Are they ******' playing outdoors somewhere? Turns out they were at US Bank Arena...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My brother went. Haven’t heard how it was. I’m not a Metallica guy, nothing against them I just sort of never started. I do like their cover of Whiskey in the Jar. Faithful to the original but with their own touch.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not as good as the Megadeth water ballet.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 10:33 PM)jason Wrote: With the exception of a couple of songs, I haven't really liked Metallica for almost 30 years now. The thread title had me wondering... Are they ******' playing outdoors somewhere? Turns out they were at US Bank Arena...

lol yeah but walking thru those negative wind chills was brutal....  I almost think it was colder here than when they played in Antarctica...

Wow 30 years they only been around for 38 lol...  So was master of puppets or and justice your last album?

Overall the conert was good.   they play mostly their older songs and work in some of the newer ones....  Finished the main set with One and Master of Puppets....

then had 3 encore songs.

Cool moment Jim Breuer  had us sing happy birthday to Cliff Burtons Dad....  As it was his 94th birthday on the 30th...  Hope he enjoys the tape.

But if you ever see metallica live and like rock/metal I doubt you'll be disappointed...

they will be in Louisville 3/9 and Indianapolis 3/11 I believe.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 11:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: lol yeah but walking thru those negative wind chills was brutal....  I almost think it was colder here than when they played in Antarctica...

Wow 30 years they only been around for 38 lol...  So was master of puppets or and justice your last album?

Overall the conert was good.   they play mostly their older songs and work in some of the newer ones....  Finished the main set with One and Master of Puppets....

then had 3 encore songs.

Cool moment Jim Breuer  had us sing happy birthday to Cliff Burtons Dad....  As it was his 94th birthday on the 30th...  Hope he enjoys the tape.

But if you ever see metallica live and like rock/metal I doubt you'll be disappointed...

they will be in Louisville 3/9 and Indianapolis 3/11 I believe.

Something like that. I remember that I stumbled on to Metallica when I was in 7th grade. About 1987 or so. Master of Puppets on cassette. When Battery kicked in... I'd never heard anything like that before. I listened to that tape non-stop for a week or so. Then I borrowed, and bought everything else they had done... I quickly branched out to Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, DRI, Testament....

Then a year or so later ... And Justice For All came out. Bought it (on cassette) the day it came out. I wasn't sure about it at first... Blackened was great. I liked Shortest Straw, and Dyer's Eve... The rest was so rambling. Then I decided I didn't really like that one. A couple years later the Black Album... Hated it...

As an adult that plays guitar... Justice is an amazing record. It just sounded different to me back then.

I pretty much tuned them out for years. Then I heard some of the stuff they did with Rick Rubin... I liked it.

If you've never seen it you should check out the Lost in Vegas channel on YouTube... It's awesome watching a couple of black dudes listen to Master of Puppets for the first time. We know every word, note, and chord of that song backwards... But it takes you back to see someone hear it for the first time.

I wouldn't mind seeing them live. I never have... Hell, I've still never seen Maiden live.

I don't listen to metal much anymore, but it still puts a smile on my face.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 10:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Not as good as the Megadeth water ballet.

You know they have some cruise coming up? Something where you give them all your money then sail around with Megadeth, and God knows who else...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 12:50 PM)jason Wrote: You know they have some cruise coming up? Something where you give them all your money then sail around with Megadeth, and God knows who else...

the 40,000 tons of metal cruise?

Sorry its the 70,000 tons

https://70000tons.com/
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 12:16 PM)jason Wrote: Something like that. I remember that I stumbled on to Metallica when I was in 7th grade. About 1987 or so. Master of Puppets on cassette. When Battery kicked in... I'd never heard anything like that before. I listened to that tape non-stop for a week or so. Then I borrowed, and bought everything else they had done... I quickly branched out to Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, DRI, Testament....

Then a year or so later ... And Justice For All came out. Bought it (on cassette) the day it came out. I wasn't sure about it at first... Blackened was great. I liked Shortest Straw, and Dyer's Eve... The rest was so rambling. Then I decided I didn't really like that one. A couple years later the Black Album... Hated it...

As an adult that plays guitar... Justice is an amazing record. It just sounded different to me back then.

I pretty much tuned them out for years. Then I heard some of the stuff they did with Rick Rubin... I liked it.

If you've never seen it you should check out the Lost in Vegas channel on YouTube... It's awesome watching a couple of black dudes listen to Master of Puppets for the first time. We know every word, note, and chord of that song backwards... But it takes you back to see someone hear it for the first time.

I wouldn't mind seeing them live. I never have... Hell, I've still never seen Maiden live.

I don't listen to metal much anymore, but it still puts a smile on my face.

Master of puppets was the 2nd CD I ever owned...  first being White Zombie Astro Creep 2000...  (but that was stolen)  and I grabbed metallica master of puppets on a whim.. and been hooked ever sense.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 12:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the 40,000 tons of metal cruise?

Sorry its the 70,000 tons

https://70000tons.com/

Just looked it up... October 13th... 5 days and nights. Megadeth, Anthrax, Overkill, Armored Saint, Metal Church, Doro (remember Warlock?)...

MegaCruise... It's off the west coast somewhere.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Metallica was at Rock on the Range in 2017 and didnt put on that great of a show...then again it could have been that Soundgarden was supposed to play but Chris Cornell died just a few days before.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 01:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Metallica was at Rock on the Range in 2017 and didnt put on that great of a show...then again it could have been that Soundgarden was supposed to play but Chris Cornell died just a few days before.

I think his death took the wind out of that whole concert.
Reply/Quote