Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metapedia
I found Metapedia today when I was reading about Hitler and WWII. For those who don't know it's just like Wikipedia with a hint of Nazi.

Here's what the site's about...

Quote:Metapedia is an electronic encyclopedia which states that it focuses on European culture, art, science, philosophy and politics. It contains far-right, white nationalist, white supremacist, white separatist, antisemitic, and neo-Nazi points of view.

It's bad enough people isolate themselves from the news by reading from a few selected sources but now we can do that with history too?

Don't like the way the news is? Find someone who tells it the way you prefer.

Don't like the way history has turned out? Find someone who tells it how you like.

Don't like what scientists have to say? Find someone who makes up their own science.

LOL
Thanks for the share. I've been looking for a better news source.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(01-27-2016, 05:03 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I found Metapedia today when I was reading about Hitler and WWII. For those who don't know it's just like Wikipedia with a hint of Nazi.

It's bad enough people isolate themselves from the news by reading from a few selected sources but now we can do that with history too?

Don't like the way history has turned out? Find someone who tells it how you like.

Don't like what scientists have to say? Find someone who makes up their own science.

LOL

In a nutshell that is the problem with the "information age".

Lots of information...not all of it is good or even true.

It is easier to find someone who agrees with you and so you never have to challenge your own views.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Well as far as history goes everyone has their own spin on it based on their point of view and which side of history they fell on.

My wife and her family have a completely different view of WW1 and WW2 along with the Cold War. It's really interesting to compare. I try and fuse the two views together because in the end the truth is probably somewhere in between.
(01-27-2016, 05:03 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I found Metapedia today when I was reading about Hitler and WWII. For those who don't know it's just like Wikipedia with a hint of Nazi.

LOL

I'd wager there is a lot of Henry Ford's material there.
ThumbsUp
I prefer Boobpedia.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-27-2016, 09:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well as far as history goes everyone has their own spin on it based on their point of view and which side of history they fell on.    

My wife and her family have a completely different view of WW1 and WW2 along with the Cold War.   It's really interesting to compare.  I try and fuse the two views together because in the end the truth is probably somewhere in between.

We were right.  They were wrong.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

History was written by the victors.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

I used to have a link to a sports website that only covered white athletes.  It was actually kind of funny.  Years ago some one posted a link to a story about Kevin Kaesviharn from that site without realizing (I think) that is was a white supremacist organization.
(01-28-2016, 10:25 AM)michaelsean Wrote: We were right.  They were wrong.  

That is exactly what each one of them is trying to tell the other.
michaelse Wrote:We were right.  They were wrong.  

I was more talking about the tone of the moment and how we both got to the same place and why.

They don't want to return to communism.
(01-28-2016, 12:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I was more talking about the tone of the moment and how we both got to the same place and why.  

They don't want to return to communism.

Alright.  As long as they are aware we are better I'm good with that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

michaelse Wrote:Alright.  As long as they are aware we are better I'm good with that.

Lmao ..... Well she is here so that should tell you all we need to know.
(01-28-2016, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I used to have a link to a sports website that only covered white athletes.  It was actually kind of funny.  Years ago some one posted a link to a story about Kevin Kaesviharn from that site without realizing (I think) that is was a white supremacist organization.

NHL.com ?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]