Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mettenberger released by steelers
Would he be a better insurance policy to trading AJM than Driscoll?

I think the Bengals liked him...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000805479/article/steelers-cut-zach-mettenberger-after-drafting-dobbs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 06:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Would he be a better insurance policy to trading AJM than Driscoll?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000805479/article/steelers-cut-zach-mettenberger-after-drafting-dobbs

I am all for this. 

Rumor is the Jets have been in contact for McCarron, originally offering S Richardson.  New rumor after the draft is that they are dangling Calvin Pryor.  Give me Pryor and a 3rd or 4th any day.

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 06:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Would he be a better insurance policy to trading AJM than Driscoll?

If he wasn't better than Landry Jones he isn't worth our time. Simply put, the guy was a shitty locker room guy and not that good. I'lll pass.
Reply/Quote

I actually think that Driskel has a ton of potential and would rather keep him than go with Mettenberger, who seems like a primadonna and malcontent.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 08:57 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: I am all for this. 

Rumor is the Jets have been in contact for McCarron, originally offering S Richardson.  New rumor after the draft is that they are dangling Calvin Pryor.  Give me Pryor and a 3rd or 4th any day.

I don't see how Calvin Pryor fits the Bengals. He's a strong player, but I think they (the Bengals) like their safeties, who are all young and developing, and already have money tied up there. I don't see them tying up any more. Not the way they value and pay safeties, anyway.

Sheldon Richardson, however, I would be alllll for. I think he would make an instant upgrade at DT. 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 09:16 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I don't see how Calvin Pryor fits the Bengals. He's a strong player, but I think they (the Bengals) like their safeties, who are all young and developing, and already have money tied up there. I don't see them tying up any more. Not the way they value and pay safeties, anyway.

Sheldon Richardson, however, I would be alllll for. I think he would make an instant upgrade at DT. 

I'd take Sheldon Richardson over Marcus Hardison, DeShawn Williams, Brandon Thompson, and Wallace Gilberry.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 09:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd take Sheldon Richardson over Marcus Hardison, DeShawn Williams, Brandon Thompson, and Wallace Gilberry.

agreed this season we have very little roster movement tho.  i don't know if richardson is worth the cap hit at this point they really need to resign burfict and eifert.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 09:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd take Sheldon Richardson over Marcus Hardison, DeShawn Williams, Brandon Thompson, and Wallace Gilberry.

You'd also be paying him more than all of them combined, for one year, before he got his next contract.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 09:48 AM)Okeana Wrote: agreed this season we have very little roster movement tho.  i don't know if richardson is worth the cap hit at this point they really need to resign burfict and eifert.

a big cap hit for a 1 year rental... but would be nasty on the DL next to geno...
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 09:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: You'd also be paying him more than all of them combined, for one year, before he got his next contract.

(05-02-2017, 04:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: a big cap hit for a 1 year rental... but would be nasty on the DL next to geno...

Would be worth it. And if you could get him to redo for a 2 or 3 year deal, that would be a great line for at least a couple years.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 04:32 PM)Benton Wrote: Would be worth it. And if you could get him to redo for a 2 or 3 year deal, that would be a great line for at least a couple years.

I meant it would be a cap issue more so this year, but not impossible. Do we really want another character red flag haha. I mean I am okay with going full bad boy Bengals but I'm not sure this place can handle it.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 04:32 PM)Benton Wrote: Would be worth it. And if you could get him to redo for a 2 or 3 year deal, that would be a great line for at least a couple years.

This dude has much more baggage than Mixon. Driving drunk (DUI) at 100 MPH with a kid in the car was not a spontaneous heinous act, it was just plain stupid and he is lucky he did not kill the kid or anyone else.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote