Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Miami Desperate For Burrow
Reports are coming in that Miami is willing to trade all 3 first round draft picks for Burrow. The Bengals need to highly consider it. They could pick another QB, lineman, and receiver. ESPN used the Hershel Walker deal as an example that made the Cowboys great because they got lots of good players in return. Remember, Burrow has not proven himself in the NFL yet. I would not be opposed to taking Tua instead. We know one thing. Mike Brown will screw it up somehow.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Agree. We are way more than one player away. If we don't get a good deal Burrow is the guy hands down. If you get 3 firsts and still pick top 5 you jump on it quick before they change their mind.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 07:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Reports are coming in that Miami is willing to trade all 3 first round draft picks for Burrow. The Bengals need to highly consider it. They could pick another QB, lineman, and receiver. ESPN used the Hershel Walker deal as an example that made the Cowboys great because they got lots of good players in return. Remember, Burrow has not proven himself in the NFL yet. I would not be opposed to taking Tua instead. We know one thing. Mike Brown will screw it up somehow.

Tua is constantly hurt. We have enough of that here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Why Tua? He's injured both ankles and a hip already. I think I remember some foot injury as well, but I could be wrong. Regardless, I don't think trading for and then spending the #5 pick on the John Ross of QBs is the right play. We need to get a QB in this draft. After Burrow, there's not another I want though. Also, why spend yet another first round draft on basically a redshirt season? I understand we'd have other first round picks as well, but this team's recent history of drafting first rounders who produce immediately is non-existent.

The pick is Burrow, period. If they're not going to take Burrow then the front office only further proves why they're the worst front office in all of professional sports. Yes, other areas need to be addressed but we have $50m to help with that. Not to mention an additional $17.7m if we move on from Dalton. Plus, we still have 6 more draft picks after Burrow to work on improving the team. With the current CBA set to expire teams can't rollover cap money to 2021. Hopefully The Family will actually spend even more on bringing in upgrades and not just Hart/Webb type players or simply grossly overpaying our own FAs.

Mike Brown was stubborn enough to turn down an entire draft so he could get Akili ***** Smith. I'm sure he can be talked into passing on 3 first round picks to take Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 07:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Reports are coming in that Miami is willing to trade all 3 first round draft picks for Burrow. The Bengals need to highly consider it. They could pick another QB, lineman, and receiver. ESPN used the Hershel Walker deal as an example that made the Cowboys great because they got lots of good players in return. Remember, Burrow has not proven himself in the NFL yet. I would not be opposed to taking Tua instead. We know one thing. Mike Brown will screw it up somehow.

Honestly they would have to add 2 other 1st and 4 2nds for me to consider a trade with them.  Probably have to add a promising young player to the list.
3 2020 1st, 2021 first, 2022 first, both 2020 2nds, 2021 2nd, 2022 2nd, and a young promising player. I doubt Miami would agree to that but it would be worth it for the Bengals.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile, in Miami..... (ignore the colors and logos)
The part of Cincinnati is played by Seattle....

#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
If the Dolphins feel that Burrow is worth three first round picks, why wouldn't the Bengals value him as much?

Too bad for Miami.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Stop. Burrow will be a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
With the money available to the Bengals in FA they should be able to totally fix the line, draft Burrow, and run a helluva an offense next season.  I used to think Miami's 3 firsts would be a good starting point for a trade, but that was before the CFL championship.

Now with free agency starting March 18, the Bengals can go see if they can sign a good or very good RT, LG and RG. If so don't even think about trading Burrow.  If they miss on FA, then Ok lets consider J24's insane draft haul.  Consider maybe even add more.

Brown is unlikely to consider it though, he's been allergic to signing too many early draft picks in one year.

Reply/Quote
No way I’m moving down from 1 to 5 and only gaining two late 1st round picks. It’d take a minimum of those 3 picks, two 2nds and next years first for me to seriously consider an offer from them.
Reply/Quote

remember when Ditka wanted to trade everything for ricky whatever his name was and elmer fudd screwed that up?

Reply/Quote
You know who are going to tell us that 3 first round picks sounds like a good deal for Joe Burrow? All the people who don’t have a chance to draft Joe Burrow! He just had the best season a college QB has ever had. Has the potential to be the best QB in the NFL over the course of the next decade and a half. And we think 3 2020 first round picks is worth that?

I’m honestly not sure what I feel will be a fair price for Burrow. To me I know it starts with at least 5 first round picks, and probably at least 2 thirds. I’m still not sure I’d take that considering some of those first round picks are probably no earlier than pick 26.

At this point, the Bengals could take Joe Burrow and he could be a complete bust, and I’ll still be a fan. If this team passes on him, I’m just not sure I can do this anymore. I’ve been a fan of this team my whole life, for whatever reason. I always assumed there was literally nothing that would drive me away or test my loyalty. And yet I find myself contemplating whether or not I could keep going if they pass on this guy. I get the logic of trading for more picks, especially with the holes we have. If this happened last year and Kyler Murray is starting at us at #1, I’m all for obtaining as many picks as we can get. But trading this pick for Burrow just feels like too much of a mistake.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 08:48 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: You know who are going to tell us that 3 first round picks sounds like a good deal for Joe Burrow? All the people who don’t have a chance to draft Joe Burrow! He just had the best season a college QB has ever had. Has the potential to be the best QB in the NFL over the course of the next decade and a half. And we think 3 2020 first round picks is worth that?

I’m honestly not sure what I feel will be a fair price for Burrow. To me I know it starts with at least 5 first round picks, and probably at least 2 thirds. I’m still not sure I’d take that considering some of those first round picks are probably no earlier than pick 26.

At this point, the Bengals could take Joe Burrow and he could be a complete bust, and I’ll still be a fan. If this team passes on him, I’m just not sure I can do this anymore. I’ve been a fan of this team my whole life, for whatever reason. I always assumed there was literally nothing that would drive me away or test my loyalty. And yet I find myself contemplating whether or not I could keep going if they pass on this guy. I get the logic of trading for more picks, especially with the holes  we have. If this happened last year and Kyler Murray is starting at us at #1, I’m all for obtaining as many picks as we can get. But trading this pick for Burrow just feels like too much of a mistake.

Great post! I agree with every word
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 08:00 PM)J24 Wrote: Honestly they would have to add 2 other 1st and 4 2nds for me to consider a trade with them.  Probably have to add a promising young player to the list.

So just to be clear, it would take a total of 5 first round picks, 4 second round picks, and a promising young player for you to consider trading with them?  To move from pick 1 to 5?

I don't even have the words...
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 08:48 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: I’m honestly not sure what I feel will be a fair price for Burrow. To me I know it starts with at least 5 first round picks, and probably at least 2 thirds. I’m still not sure I’d take that considering some of those first round picks are probably no earlier than pick 26.

What planet are some of you living on?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 08:00 PM)J24 Wrote: 3 2020 1st, 2021 first, 2022 first, both 2020 2nds, 2021 2nd, 2022 2nd, and a young promising player. I doubt Miami would agree to that but it would be worth it for the Bengals.

You really think it would be worth it? Hmm, I don't know. I'd also ask for 6 3rd rounders and 17 6th rounders in addition just to be sure. And 1 gazillion dollars + a dragon.
Reply/Quote
Nope. Would take more to give up this talent.

But you all know Zac is looking at herbert like I look at my coffee.

And I love my coffee.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What planet are some of you living on?

I’m living on a planet where I don’t want to trade that pick, so for it to be worth it you better believe the price would be insane and way in my favor. If someone has something you want, and they don’t want to sell it, you have to make it worth it to them to sell it, usually by giving them way more than it’s worth. It’s not a hard concept.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 08:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If the Dolphins feel that Burrow is worth three first round picks, why wouldn't the Bengals value him as much?

Too bad for Miami.

The Dolphins also traded a 3rd rounder for Josh Rosen so I'll entertain the thought that they may overvalue Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You really think it would be worth it? Hmm, I don't know. I'd also ask for 6 3rd rounders and 17 6th rounders in addition just to be sure. And 1 gazillion dollars + a dragon.
Dude you're talking about a guy who for the next 15 to 20 years can make your franchise legit. So yeah it's going to take an unbelievable deal to unload him. A deal greater than the Hershel Walker deal.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote