Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Miami Desperate For Burrow
(02-07-2020, 01:50 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I can do this all day. You know the teams in the SWC besides Houston in 1988-91?  Arkansas, Texas, Texas AM, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Rice.

....not exactly cupcakes. And Houston was ranked in the top 25 for over 2 years straight.

Burrow beat five top ten teams his senior year and Klingler beat a grand total of ZERO in his collegiate career. He threw for 2000 less yds his senior year than his junior year. I may be proved wrong but I believe Burrow is a generational talent that will fall into our lap. Even blind squirrels find an acorn every now and then.
Reply/Quote
Burrow HAS to be the pick, end of story.

The only way I would even sway that maybe a trade would be ok is if they pulled off Young and Hebert. That's never going to happen, so don't **** it up FO.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 11:12 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So if I go out this fall and play against pee wee teams and throw 11 TDs/game you would say I am as good as Burrow? HA!

Lol really. Yeah pee-wee equals college...

Also way to sidestep that actual facts of the guys from lower viewed conferences that out perform the guys from the SEC and Big Ten viewed elite. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 11:35 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Burrow beat five top ten teams his senior year and Klingler beat a grand total of ZERO in his collegiate career. He threw for 2000 less yds his senior year than his junior year. I may be proved wrong but I believe Burrow is a generational talent that will fall into our lap. Even blind squirrels find an acorn every now and then.

Generational talents rarely go unnoticed for years then magically show up. Yes, it can happen but who was the last over looked guy from the big 5 conferences?? Have to go back to Brady for that and the coverage of college football is so much better now.

I'm not saying Burrow can't be a good QB, but he isn't going to be this elite saviour everyone thinks. 

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 05:14 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Generational talents rarely go unnoticed for years then magically show up. Yes, it can happen but who was the last over looked guy from the big 5 conferences?? Have to go back to Brady for that and the coverage of college football is so much better now.

I'm not saying Burrow can't be a good QB, but he isn't going to be this elite saviour everyone thinks. 

Mahomes.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 05:14 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Generational talents rarely go unnoticed for years then magically show up. Yes, it can happen but who was the last over looked guy from the big 5 conferences?? Have to go back to Brady for that and the coverage of college football is so much better now.

We are Bengal fans dreaming is all we got! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Reply/Quote

So you are already hating on our next QB and he hasn't even taken a snap for us... wow Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 05:11 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Lol really. Yeah pee-wee equals college...

Also way to sidestep that actual facts of the guys from lower viewed conferences that out perform the guys from the SEC and Big Ten viewed elite. 

You are the one who wants to discount Burrows achievements just to justify your demented idea of trading him. I readily admit that I can't say for certain that Burrow will be savior of the franchise but neither can you be sure he will be a total bust. Saying competition level has no bearing on talent level also shows how little you actually know. Your so called facts are nothing but your assumptions so the rest of us take them with a grain of salt. Every pundit has the Bengals taking Burrow so maybe you need to call up ESPN and see if they will hire you as a draft guru.
Reply/Quote

Would be nice if Burrow saw this post Murdock. You are going to eat a lot of crow for this, pretty damn sure.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 05:19 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Mahomes.

Had two consecutive excellent seasons and was in the talk of being a first rounder before his Junior year..which he played and went from 4K to 5K in yards and locked himself in as a first rounder....not the same as being a 4th rounder and then breaking records.

Reply/Quote
I dont get it.

First it was "Yes Burrow has played great agains Texas Florida and Auburn three teams that were ranked top ten when they beat them but let's see what they do against top 5 Alabama."

Next it was "Yea he looked great against bama but they're defense wasn't great this year let's see what he does against a top defense in Georgia in the SEC Championship."

Then "Yea he crushed Geoegia and made them go out of their confront zone to try to stop him but their offense wasnt good let's see what Burrow does in the CFB Playoffs."

"Yea Burrow set a record for touchdowns with 7 in a half but it was against Big 12 Oklahoma let's see what he does against Clemson's top defense and Lawrence on the big stage in the National Champuonship Game."

Finally its "Yea Burrow picked apart the best defense in college football but he was a 5th round pick going into 2019 so we should trade the pick!".

Sorry but this is just stupid at this point. Joe Burrow did everything needed in drafting a Quarterback. Bengals need a QB so take the QB....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 05:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be nice if Burrow saw this post Murdock. You are going to eat a lot of crow for this, pretty damn sure.

Safe bet, unless Mike Brown sells the team, that we aren't winning a Super Bowl with Burrow.

To be fair, we aren't winning a Super Bowl with anyone under center if Mike Brown is running the team unless we get 1st round performance from all 7 draft picks for two drafts.

To be fair, this is a no lose situation. If I'm wrong, the team I've loved since I was a kid finally wins a Super Bowl....if I'm right and he is average or below, my expectations are already low. No real loss.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 06:01 PM)Synric Wrote: I dont get it.

First it was "Yes Burrow has played great agains Texas Florida and Auburn three teams that were ranked top ten when they beat them but let's see what they do against top 5 Alabama."

Next it was "Yea he looked great against bama but they're defense wasn't great this year let's see what he does against a top defense in Georgia in the SEC Championship."

Then "Yea he crushed Geoegia and made them go out of their confront zone to try to stop him but their offense wasnt good let's see what Burrow does in the CFB Playoffs."

"Yea Burrow set a record for touchdowns with 7 in a half but it was against Big 12 Oklahoma let's see what he does against Clemson's top defense and Lawrence on the big stage in the National Champuonship Game."

Finally its "Yea Burrow picked apart the best defense in college football but he was a 5th round pick going into 2019 so we should trade the pick!".

Sorry but this is just stupid at this point. Joe Burrow did everything needed in drafting a Quarterback. Bengals need a QB so take the QB....

Great post Synric, couldn't of said it any better. Time and time again he just kept proving everyone wrong.

I expect it to continue as he STILL has lots of doubters.
Reply/Quote
The only thing that has me making my "wait...what?" face about Burrow is people defending his very not-generational play prior to this year by saying he was in a bad offensive system. That seems like a bit of a dose of reality when you consider the Bengals haven't had a good offensive system in 4 years and I'm not confident ZT's system is going to bolster Burrow's prowess.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 03:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ok take away that he beat up on top SEC teams like Georgia, Florida, and Alabama (which is silly), but how about what he did to Clemson? Are we allowed to be impressed by that?

No you're not  Sarcasm
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 06:01 PM)Synric Wrote: I dont get it.

Yep, the old "moving the goalposts" trick.  By constantly moving the goalposts, they create an argument that may never be won..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 06:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The only thing that has me making my "wait...what?" face about Burrow is people defending his very not-generational play prior to this year by saying he was in a bad offensive system.  That seems like a bit of a dose of reality when you consider the Bengals haven't had a good offensive system in 4 years and I'm not confident ZT's system is going to bolster Burrow's prowess.

Well at least those are valid points. Taylor sure didn't earn much confidence from anybody around here with that shitty scheme
he ran last year. Taylor is still very young though and he can learn from his mistakes unlike the old dog owner.
Reply/Quote
Take a look at the Patriots Pre Brady.
1995 - 6-10 Missed Playoffs
1996 - 11-5 Won 2 playoff games then Lost to Packers Super Bowl
1997 - 10-6 Won Wild Card then lost
1998 - 9-7 Lossed first round of Wild Card
1999 - 8-8 Missed Play Offs
2000 - 5-11 Missed Play Offs
They draft Tom Brady who turns into a great QB at a discounted price and we all know what happened from there.
Getting the right QB is everything to a team. He makes average players good and good players great. The thing about Joe Burrow that excites me the most is how hard the guy works in the film room. That rubs off to other guys on the team. He is professional grade. In his interviews he says he wins the game on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday watching video and preparing for the game. In life the person who is prepared always look the most confident. That is why Joe Burrow looks so confident ripping apart top college teams. He was never nervous. Just as cool as can be.
Reply/Quote
I'd have the conversation with them. 3 First Round picks = 3 Day 1 starters.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 08:47 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: I'd have the conversation with them. 3 First Round picks = 3 Day 1 starters.

Problem is the Bengals excel at drafting injured or soon to be injured 1st round draft picks. I can see the Baghdad Geoff article this time next year...

“ Getting Herbert, Simmons, and Higgins back from season ending injury is like having 4 first round picks. You know Mike, Duke, and the rest of the braintrust are excited about that, especially given the expected cap issues with Bobby Hart’s new extension...”
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote