Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Miami Desperate For Burrow
(02-07-2020, 08:47 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: I'd have the conversation with them. 3 First Round picks = 3 Day 1 starters.

No it doesn’t. Like half of our 1st round picks over the last decade have been injured, and others like Price have been busts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
IF we trade BUrrow to the 'fins, assuming he is the beast everyone thinks he is, he will be a QB for a good 10 yrs.
That's a lot of quality yrs for the 'fins. For that we should get 7 yrs of their #1 picks. and then the next 3 yrs, their #2 picks. Assuming the 'fins get winning records in his 2nd year. It's a probability that our #1 picks not be as good/attractive as they will be in the latter half of the pecking order.

This is how the negotiations should be like.
Reply/Quote
Pretty ironic they wanted Burrow so bad but played their asses off against us when getting the Burrow pick was still on the line. Sorry Fins cant have your cake and eat it too. We lost, we sucked worse, we get Burrow lol. There is nothing they can trade that is worth a real potential elite franchise QB. If they can harness their winter weather and trade it with a bunch of picks maybe that would be a consideration.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 10:43 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Pretty ironic they wanted Burrow so bad but played their asses off against us when getting the Burrow pick was still on the line. Sorry Fins cant have your cake and eat it too. We lost, we sucked worse, we get Burrow lol. There is nothing they can trade that is worth a real potential elite franchise QB. If they can harness their winter weather and trade it with a bunch of picks maybe that would be a consideration.

A potential chance to draft the oft injured Tua or boom/bust Herbert at 5, combined with the Dolphins two other picks in the 20’s is not enough. If the Bengals trade out with the Dolphins its going to take more than that. While Mike is by most counts a bad owner/GM, we can expect him to want a king’s ransom for the #1 pick, and deservedly so. As it stands Tua will likely be gone by pick 5 anyway, assuming his medical check out.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 12:33 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: A potential chance to draft the oft injured Tua or boom/bust Herbert at 5, combined with the Dolphins two other picks in the 20’s is not enough. If the Bengals trade out with the Dolphins its going to take more than that. While Mike is by most counts a bad owner/GM, we can expect him to want a king’s ransom for the #1 pick, and deservedly so. As it stands Tua will likely be gone by pick 5 anyway, assuming his medical check out.

Washington and NY both just took QB’s, so the only way Tua is gone by 5 is if Detroit takes him. Replacing one injured QB with another doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. I think he goes to Miami.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 08:47 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: I'd have the conversation with them. 3 First Round picks = 3 Day 1 starters.

I don't mind the conversation, but our recent record of Day 1 starters isn't that great. I'd be interested to know (but not enough to go looking myself) if any team has fared as poorly as we have with first picks in the last decade.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 12:33 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: A potential chance to draft the oft injured Tua or boom/bust Herbert at 5, combined with the Dolphins two other picks in the 20’s is not enough.  If the Bengals trade out with the Dolphins its going to take more than that.  While Mike is by most counts a bad owner/GM, we can expect him to want a king’s ransom for the #1 pick, and deservedly so.  As it stands Tua will likely be gone by pick 5 anyway, assuming his medical check out.

This is one scenario I am glad Mike Brown is stubborn about. He has always valued a potential franchise QB. We've missed on a few, but none of them, not even Carson was the kind of prospect Burrow is. Cant see anyone in this org wanting anyone except Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 03:03 AM)Benton Wrote: I don't mind the conversation, but our recent record of Day 1 starters isn't that great. I'd be interested to know (but not enough to go looking myself) if any team has fared as poorly as we have with first picks in the last decade.

The New York Jets have been horrible in the 1st round over that span. They only have the last couple of 1st round picks still on the roster.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
only time will tell on how he turns out, but based on history, we will take burrow and fumble his career up.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 09:37 AM)bengaloo Wrote: This is one scenario I am glad Mike Brown is stubborn about. He has always valued a potential franchise QB. We've missed on a few, but none of them, not even Carson was the kind of prospect Burrow is. Cant see anyone in this org wanting anyone except Burrow.

This is so far out there it is unreal....Carson Palmer was a blue chip high school player and a top 10 prospect from his junior and maybe even sophomore year... Burrow was a draft day afterthought before this season...I hope he comes to the Bengals and lights the NFL on fire BUT don't be upset if that does not happen...One season doe snot maketh an NFL elite QB, especially at the age of 23 already.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 09:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No it doesn’t. Like half of our 1st round picks over the last decade have been injured, and others like Price have been busts.

So what if Burrow gets injured in preseason? Would that make it a bad pick then? 
No doubt we have had bad luck with injuries but that shouldn't stop us from wanting more picks. 
It's like saying we shouldn't sign FA because Kwon Alexander got hurt it doesn't make much sense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 11:30 AM)spazz70 Wrote: This is so far out there it is unreal....Carson Palmer was a blue chip high school player and a top 10 prospect from his junior and maybe even sophomore year... Burrow was a draft day afterthought before this season...I hope he comes to the Bengals and lights the NFL on fire BUT don't be upset if that does not happen...One season doe snot maketh an NFL elite QB, especially at the age of 23 already.

Its a matter of opinion, and time will tell. I feel like Burrow has all the intangibles that Carson lacked. Carson had the body type, a cannon arm, all of the tools you look for in a protype QB, but he didnt have what I like to call the Steve Young factor. The improvisational skills, the ability to make plays out of broken plays with his feet, vision and elusiveness. Wiley, firey, etc. Carson had a lot going on for him, but was pretty mechanical, not very mobile, not great at throwing on the run, and honestly he was a pick machine. He was however an excellent pocket passer. Top notch at that. I dont care what Kiper says tho lol. They were always on USC's ass back then. The raw real-life stats show that Burrow, in a much much harder conference against defenses on another level from what the Pac has ever had, put up almost identical numbers as Carson did their Jr years, and absolutely blew Carson's stats out of the water their Sr years. I dont put much stock in their high school stuff except when they are being recruited into college. That literally means nothing to me in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 01:50 PM)J24 Wrote: So what if Burrow gets injured in preseason? Would that make it a bad pick then? 
No doubt we have had bad luck with injuries but that shouldn't stop us from wanting more picks. 
It's like saying we shouldn't sign FA because Kwon Alexander got hurt it doesn't make much sense.

Getting hurt in preseason or camp is one thing, taking guys that were injured a bunch in college is another.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 11:30 AM)spazz70 Wrote: This is so far out there it is unreal....Carson Palmer was a blue chip high school player and a top 10 prospect from his junior and maybe even sophomore year... Burrow was a draft day afterthought before this season...I hope he comes to the Bengals and lights the NFL on fire BUT don't be upset if that does not happen...One season doe snot maketh an NFL elite QB, especially at the age of 23 already.

Burrow had a better junior season than Palmer as well, and he did so in an archaic offense.

CP: 221   377   58.6   2,717   13   12   124.2
JB:  219   379   57.8   2,894   16    5    133.2
Reply/Quote
Knowing how Mike Brown feels about his draft picks and knowing how he feels about franchise QB's , then factor in the fact that the Bengals could use a new QB and the chance of Brown trading the first pick becomes very slim to none no matter what he's offered for it.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 02:05 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Its a matter of opinion, and time will tell. I feel like Burrow has all the intangibles that Carson lacked. Carson had the body type, a cannon arm, all of the tools you look for in a protype QB, but he didnt have what I like to call the Steve Young factor. The improvisational skills, the ability to make plays out of broken plays with his feet, vision and elusiveness. Wiley, firey, etc. Carson had a lot going on for him, but was pretty mechanical, not very mobile, not great at throwing on the run, and honestly he was a pick machine. He was however an excellent pocket passer. Top notch at that. I dont care what Kiper says tho lol. They were always on USC's ass back then. The raw real-life stats show that Burrow, in a much much harder conference against defenses on another level from what the Pac has ever had, put up almost identical numbers as Carson did their Jr years, and absolutely blew Carson's stats out of the water their Sr years. I dont put much stock in their high school stuff except when they are being recruited into college. That literally means nothing to me in the NFL.

I am of the same opinion Bengaloo. Well said. Joe
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 08:41 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Take a look at the Patriots Pre Brady.
1995 - 6-10 Missed Playoffs
1996 - 11-5 Won 2 playoff games then Lost to Packers Super Bowl
1997  - 10-6 Won Wild Card then lost
1998 - 9-7 Lossed first round of Wild Card
1999 - 8-8 Missed Play Offs
2000 - 5-11 Missed Play Offs
They draft Tom Brady who turns into a great QB at a discounted price and we all know what happened from there.
Getting the right QB is everything to a team. He makes average players good and good players great. The thing about Joe Burrow that excites me the most is how hard the guy works in the film room. That rubs off to other guys on the team. He is professional grade. In his interviews he says he wins the game on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday watching video and preparing for the game. In life the person who is prepared always look the most confident. That is why Joe Burrow looks so confident ripping apart top college teams. He was never nervous. Just as cool as can be.

Yes, the new Joe Cool.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 03:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Getting hurt in preseason or camp is one thing, taking guys that were injured a bunch in college is another.

Ogbuhie was the only one we drafted that they new wouldn't play when they drafted him.
Price was ready by training camp, Jackson got hurt in training camp, Ross missed OTAs but was in training camp, and Williams got hurt in OTAs.
Anyways if we got three first RD picks it wouldn't be a bad thing.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 07:45 PM)J24 Wrote: Ogbuhie was the only one we drafted that they new wouldn't play when they drafted him.
Price was ready by training camp, Jackson got hurt in training camp, Ross missed OTAs but was in training camp, and Williams got hurt in OTAs.
Anyways if we got three first RD picks it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Williams was hurt from college. He just re-injured it in OTA’s.

Can’t remember what the deal was with Dennard...

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Williams was hurt from college. He just re-injured it in OTA’s.

Can’t remember what the deal was with Dennard...

Hamstring in camp but he still played but he got injured his second season and was IRd.
J24

Reply/Quote