Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Miami Desperate For Burrow
(02-08-2020, 10:03 PM)J24 Wrote: Hamstring in camp but he still played but he got injured his second season and was IRd.

Our roster was so much better then that it wasn't that big of a deal though. Sure we missed out on having a contributor on a rookie deal, but injured or not; he was gonna sit behind Pacman, Leon, and Newman. Hell Dre Kirkpatrick hadn't played much outside of special teams up to that point.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 05:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Burrow had a better junior season than Palmer as well, and he did so in an archaic offense.

CP: 221   377   58.6   2,717   13   12   124.2
JB:  219   379   57.8   2,894   16    5    133.2

Thanks for posting those stats.  There seem to be a few who like to claim that Joe Burrow "sucked" in the 2018 season, when in fact he had a very good year.  Not to mention he was a first year starter, with a new team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude, you are trusting in this Front Office to make good picks?

What planet are you living on Wes? WTF?!!!

I trust much more in Joe Burrow for the record than Duke and Mike Brown and company...

Exactly, our "talent guy" the Simon Cowell of the NFL has been striking out BIG time as of late. I would much rather take an almost lock NFL star over some  more "Duke Tobin specials" If Burrow happens to be a bust I wont fault them at all...it would be the biggest no brainer pick they ever had.   
Does everyone actually trust a guy that drafted, Oglewie, Fisher, Ross, Price and WJ3 (yes I put him there too) He is decent but not a complete 1st round caliber CB.  And dont get me started on Sample....
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 11:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for posting those stats.  There seem to be a few who like to claim that Joe Burrow "sucked" in the 2018 season, when in fact he had a very good year.  Not to mention he was a first year starter, with a new team.
I never see QBs during practice.... so the question is, do they practice mostly throwing on the run, because in the NFL of today, thats what I tend so see in mostly every play on Sundays. The exceptions would be when the opposing D is so bad the QB has all day to throw or its a quick screen pass dump off.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 01:10 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I never see QBs during practice.... so the question is, do they practice mostly throwing on the run, because in the NFL of today, thats what I tend so see in mostly every play on Sundays. The exceptions would be when the opposing D is so bad the QB has all day to throw or its a quick screen pass dump off.

I can't say with absolute certainty about the NFL teams, but at every level of football that I ever played;  Yes, teams do practice plays with the QB on the move.  Pretty much if you think you might see it in a game?  There's a really strong chance that it was practiced at some point.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 02:07 PM)Synric Wrote: The issue with this is you are then on the clock.

If they have say 3 first round picks then you have 5 years to win a superbowl because mostly likely 2 will be gone after that. I know you can argue the QB would be gone in 5 but Mike Brown pays his performing players what they are worth so most likely he would get a big extension after 4 years.

I know the trade need more picks is popular but a franchise QB you can build around is smarter because you can do it more than once.

By the time the clock hits FA has already been around for over a month and that should determine what the Bengals do. Given that the team feels fine with its OL, next year whoever is the QB, may end up on their back more than the TD passes they can toss. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 01:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Exactly, our "talent guy" the Simon Cowell of the NFL has been striking out BIG time as of late. I would much rather take an almost lock NFL star over some  more "Duke Tobin specials" If Burrow happens to be a bust I wont fault them at all...it would be the biggest no brainer pick they ever had.   
Does everyone actually trust a guy that drafted, Oglewie, Fisher, Ross, Price and WJ3 (yes I put him there too) He is decent but not a complete 1st round caliber CB.  And dont get me started on Sample....

Yeah, Burrow is the most sure pick we can make whether he is the future great or not.

WJ3 needs to get better and needs to be coached better for the most part. He is a man Corner that needs to play aggressive.

Happy that Darone Jones is gone, think he was a poor coach here.
Reply/Quote
If they want him then it’s their job to entice us and 3 1st does just that.

Especially if we can get Tua

But even then that ain’t enough for me.

I truly think Burrow is next up after the River and the Brees and the Brady of the world hang it up.

You’d have to give me 2 great players and all 3 of those picks before I listen
Reply/Quote
They wouldn't be looking to trade Dalton if they were interested in Tua. It is likely (hell, it's probably certain) that he's not playing this season.

The fact that they're looking to ship Dalton signals that they're looking for a guy that can come in and start right away.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Miami is now talking about getting Tua. I think it is a ploy to cool off the Bengals. Things will start moving quickly in April. The Bengals are sticking to Burrow for now.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 11:38 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Miami is now talking about getting Tua. I think it is a ploy to cool off the Bengals. Things will start moving quickly in April. The Bengals are sticking to Burrow for now.

You mean forever.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
To put things in perspective a franchise QB can move an NFL line 4 points. AJGreen is worth 1 point. Nick Bosa is worth a point and a half.So Vegas knows the value of a franchise QB
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 11:05 AM)Big Boss Wrote: They wouldn't be looking to trade Dalton if they were interested in Tua.  It is likely (hell, it's probably certain) that he's not playing this season.

The fact that they're looking to ship Dalton signals that they're looking for a guy that can come in and start right away.

Exactly, Tua is a moot point in my opinion, at least for us.
Reply/Quote
Picture this...

Dolphins call MB "3 firsts for your first!"
Mike saunters to his coffin and sleeps for 24 hours.

Mike rises from the grave 24 hours later, calls Dolphins "3 firsts AND your 2nds!!"

Dolphins do it! Draft goes like this :

Andrew Price
Henry Ruggs III
Kenneth Murray
Jacob Eason
CB
Best guard available.

Thought about this situation and was kind of laughing at work about it. We would have to keep Andy and AJ potentially walks here, but this would certainly be a blockbuster draft.

I really want burrow though
Reply/Quote
Although I understand that’s an exciting scenario to think about, I just can’t bring myself to get really excited about. In a hypothetical world, where our last 6 picks came out in a draft at the same time, and we somehow had magically traded for 6 picks, the entire NFL would have been beside themselves when the Bengals selected Darqueze Dennard, Cedric Ogbuehi, William Jackson III, John Ross, Billy Price, and Jonah Williams. Our o-line and secondary would be set for YEARS and we have the fastest player in the NFL on top of that! We are an amazing team at that point. Except we all know how that really would have turned out. Despite some of them being veterans with more experience they still haven’t been able to come together. Can you imagine if they would have all been rookies at the same time together?

Burrow has been called a can’t miss prospect by more than one person. Since the “can’t miss” is a quarterback, I’ll take that option over any combo of other players at this point.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 11:17 AM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: Although I understand that’s an exciting scenario to think about, I just can’t bring myself to get really excited about. In a hypothetical world, where our last 6 picks came out in a draft at the same time, and we somehow had magically traded for 6 picks, the entire NFL would have been beside themselves when the Bengals selected Darqueze Dennard, Cedric Ogbuehi, William Jackson III, John Ross, Billy Price, and Jonah Williams. Our o-line and secondary would be set for YEARS and we have the fastest player in the NFL on top of that! We are an amazing team at that point. Except we all know how that really would have turned out. Despite some of them being veterans with more experience they still haven’t been able to come together. Can you imagine if they would have all been rookies at the same time together?

Burrow has been called a can’t miss prospect by more than one person. Since the “can’t miss” is a quarterback, I’ll take that option over any combo of other players at this point.

Yeah, feel the same. There isn't an option I have heard I would take yet. I take Burrow everytime.

If we want more picks, trade Dalton, tag and trade AJ, trade Glenn and Kirkpatrick...
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 11:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for posting those stats.  There seem to be a few who like to claim that Joe Burrow "sucked" in the 2018 season, when in fact he had a very good year.  Not to mention he was a first year starter, with a new team.

He also showed massive improvement late in that season and flashed what was in store for 2019.

His last 4 games: 81/121 (66.9%) for 1166 yards, 10 TD's and only 1 pick. Good for a 173.5 passer rating.

He threw for 394 yards and 4 TD's in their bowl game vs Central Florida, who was 12-0 going in.

(02-14-2020, 11:48 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: To put things in perspective a franchise QB can move an NFL line 4 points. AJGreen is worth 1 point. Nick Bosa is worth a point and a half.So Vegas knows the value of a franchise QB

...and that's why I feel the rights to pick Burrow are worth far more than any draft trade chart will show. A trio of 1st round picks sounds like a lot, but how does that compare to 4 AJ Greens?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote