Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Miami Desperate For Burrow
(01-23-2020, 09:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You really think it would be worth it? Hmm, I don't know. I'd also ask for 6 3rd rounders and 17 6th rounders in addition just to be sure. And 1 gazillion dollars + a dragon.
The dragon might be where they walk away.  dont want to sound too greedy.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:27 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Nope. Would take more to give up this talent.

But you all know Zac is looking at herbert like I look at my coffee.

And I love my coffee.

One QB is playing as advertised in a glorified scrimmage match.

The other won against top tier defenses in games that actually mattered and won on the biggest stage possible. 

This remains a no brainer.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Dolphins also traded a 3rd rounder for Josh Rosen so I'll entertain the thought that they may overvalue Burrow. 

It was a basically a 3rd (late 2nd rounder). I'll be curious to hear what the final trade offer ends up being. It could surpass the Akili Smith/New Orleans & Ocho-Cinco for 2 1st rounders from WSH non-trades.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:33 PM)Big Boss Wrote: One QB is playing as advertised in a glorified scrimmage match.

The other won against top tier defenses in games that actually mattered and won on the biggest stage possible. 

This remains a no brainer.
You ain't telling nothin I dont already know

But I'll go out and say that any other year except for this one, Herbert would be the first QB taken if not first over all. He IS talented. He HAS the ability to be a really good QB. It's just unfortunate he came out the same year Burrow and Tua declares
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 08:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If the Dolphins feel that Burrow is worth three first round picks, why wouldn't the Bengals value him as much?

Too bad for Miami.

Thank you.

(01-23-2020, 08:18 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Stop. Burrow will be a Bengal.

Thank you.

(01-23-2020, 08:25 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: With the money available to the Bengals in FA they should be able to totally fix the line, draft Burrow, and run a helluva an offense next season.  I used to think Miami's 3 firsts would be a good starting point for a trade, but that was before the CFL championship.

Now with free agency starting March 18, the Bengals can go see if they can sign a good or very good RT, LG and RG. If so don't even think about trading Burrow.  If they miss on FA, then Ok lets consider J24's insane draft haul.  Consider maybe even add more.

Brown is unlikely to consider it though, he's been allergic to signing too many early draft picks in one year.

True, more picks is not what we need, we need quality. Burrow is without question the most quality pick we could make.

These other picks might not even start as we have seen, at least with Burrow, they would of made a great pick.

I could give a **** about this team next year if it had an injured Tua or Herbert who cannot win big games and panics when 
plays breakdown like our last QB. Burrow wins big games and doesn't EVER panic. Cool Joe Burrow is the pick as it should be.

(01-23-2020, 08:30 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: No way I’m moving down from 1 to 5 and only gaining two late 1st round picks. It’d take a minimum of those 3 picks, two 2nds and next years first for me to seriously consider an offer from them.

To even consider it. Even then, with the way they have drafted lately who knows what kind of shitty picks they would make?

Burrow is handed to you on a silver platter and we want to trade that away for questionable players.

Hard for me to see Burrow being a bust honestly, he is THAT good.

(01-23-2020, 08:48 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: You know who are going to tell us that 3 first round picks sounds like a good deal for Joe Burrow? All the people who don’t have a chance to draft Joe Burrow! He just had the best season a college QB has ever had. Has the potential to be the best QB in the NFL over the course of the next decade and a half. And we think 3 2020 first round picks is worth that?

I’m honestly not sure what I feel will be a fair price for Burrow. To me I know it starts with at least 5 first round picks, and probably at least 2 thirds. I’m still not sure I’d take that considering some of those first round picks are probably no earlier than pick 26.

At this point, the Bengals could take Joe Burrow and he could be a complete bust, and I’ll still be a fan. If this team passes on him, I’m just not sure I can do this anymore. I’ve been a fan of this team my whole life, for whatever reason. I always assumed there was literally nothing that would drive me away or test my loyalty. And yet I find myself contemplating whether or not I could keep going if they pass on this guy. I get the logic of trading for more picks, especially with the holes  we have. If this happened last year and Kyler Murray is starting at us at #1, I’m all for obtaining as many picks as we can get. But trading this pick for Burrow just feels like too much of a mistake.

Completely agree on pretty much every point. We pass on Burrow, I don't see us winning shit for a long time.

There is that big of a difference from him and the rest of the QB's.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So just to be clear, it would take a total of 5 first round picks, 4 second round picks, and a promising young player for you to consider trading with them?  To move from pick 1 to 5?

I don't even have the words...

(01-23-2020, 09:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What planet are some of you living on?

Dude, you are trusting in this Front Office to make good picks?

What planet are you living on Wes? WTF?!!!

I trust much more in Joe Burrow for the record than Duke and Mike Brown and company...
Reply/Quote
Good post Nate. There's a good reason other teams want to move up for Burrow. We earned that pick by sucking hard last year. Pick this guy, get him some protection & good things will come.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1- it's a slow time for football reporters, so there's going to be tons of 'what ifs' and speculation.

2- lots of folks in the media would love this trade. Miami is a storied franchise, the media would love to fawn over them again. The Bengals arent. If they get a top five qb and become a contender, then they can't go for the easy headlines like "bungled again."

3- there's no guarantee burrow is going to be a top qb. But he's the most likely out of this draft. And really, there's only two players worth foa in this draft. The fall off after those guys is pretty steep. Three first round picks doesn't mean much if we're just picking up more guys like we've been getting the last few years.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 08:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If the Dolphins feel that Burrow is worth three first round picks, why wouldn't the Bengals value him as much?

Too bad for Miami.

/thread

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:49 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Good post Nate. There's a good reason other teams want to move up for Burrow. We earned that pick by sucking hard last year. Pick this guy, get him some protection & good things will come.

Thanks brother, I cannot believe Bengal fans are actually trusting our guys to make the picks to get us over the hump after 
our recent history. Maybe they haven't seen Joe Burrow play or something? That is the only answer I can come up with?

Look at us Draft Tua and two injury prone players in the first if this happens.

The most sure pick we can make is Burrow, you take him and say **** off to these trade scenarios.

Sure, act like you are interested but that is it.

(01-23-2020, 09:52 PM)Benton Wrote: 1- it's a slow time for football reporters, so there's going to be tons of 'what ifs' and speculation.

2- lots of folks in the media would love this trade. Miami is a storied franchise, the media would love to fawn over them again. The Bengals arent. If they get a top five qb and become a contender, then they can't go for the easy headlines like "bungled again."

3- there's no guarantee burrow is going to be a top qb. But he's the most likely out of this draft. And really, there's only two players worth foa in this draft. The fall off after those guys is pretty steep. Three first round picks doesn't mean much if we're just picking up more guys like we've been getting the last few years.

Take Joe Burrow just to piss off all the haters in the media that are mostly Stooler fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude, you are trusting in this Front Office to make good picks?

What planet are you living on Wes? WTF?!!!

I trust much more in Joe Burrow for the record than Duke and Mike Brown and company...

1.) I didn't say I'd take the deal
2.) I don't trust this FO to do anything

People just need to say they wouldn't trade him for anything and leave it at that. That's clearly their stance. Arbitrarily coming up with the most ridiculous demands, with absolutely zero logic behind them is, well, ridiculous.

If someone hypothetically offers us 5 first rounders and your first thought is "better throw in x amount of y" too then we've left the arena of rational discussion. It's just plain stupid.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 07:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Reports are coming in that Miami is willing to trade all 3 first round draft picks for Burrow. The Bengals need to highly consider it. They could pick another QB, lineman, and receiver. ESPN used the Hershel Walker deal as an example that made the Cowboys great because they got lots of good players in return. Remember, Burrow has not proven himself in the NFL yet. I would not be opposed to taking Tua instead. We know one thing. Mike Brown will screw it up somehow.

Considering, considering, considering ...  Ah No!

Now, if they included their 2nd round pick and next year's number 1, then I'd consider it longer. I'd want the farm for Burrow.

In that Herchel Walker trade, Jimmy Johnson got lots of picks and used them wisely.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 10:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) I didn't say I'd take the deal

People just need to say they wouldn't trade him for anything and leave it at that. That's clearly their stance. Arbitrarily coming up with the most ridiculous demands, with absolutely zero logic behind them is, well, ridiculous.

If someone hypothetically offers us 5 first rounders and your first thought is "better throw in x amount of y" too then we've left the arena of rational discussion. It's just plain stupid.

I wouldn't trade him for anything.

This FO has sucked at picking in the first a lot lately. The surest pick you can get is Burrow, take him. These other QB's couldn't
sniff his jock in terms of sureness in the crapshoot Draft. You take the Franchise QB and continue to build around him. Trading the
one sure pick away for a bunch of COMPLETE unknown picks is just as stupid if not more.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 10:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) I didn't say I'd take the deal

My fault. I’ll consider your feelings towards hypotheticals next time I try to go through the mental exercise of what it might take for me to be comfortable trading the pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 11:03 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: My fault. I’ll consider your feelings towards hypotheticals next time I try to go through the mental exercise of what it might take for me to be comfortable trading the pick.

Not like you said any of that either...

I wouldn't be comfortable trading the pick under any RATIONAL situation myself.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 10:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wouldn't trade him for anything.

I have 3 ex-wives in which I felt the same way. I get Wes's view. Horse blinders has been venom to this franchise. The very first play of Burrow's first game could end his career. Good lord lets hope not, but the possibility is there. Most of us have heard the saying, "Don't keep your eggs in one basket." Well, it's true. We have to at least think about it. Once weighed and a decision is made, then we have to live with it. Although I want Burrow here, I want this clown show FO to at least think about it. 

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 11:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I have 3 ex-wives in which I felt the same way. I get Wes's view. Horse blinders has been venom to this franchise. The very first play of Burrow's first game could end his career. Good lord lets hope not, but the possibility is there. Most of us have heard the saying, "Don't keep your eggs in one basket." Well, it's true. We have to at least think about it. Once weighed and a decision is made, then we have to live with it. Although I want Burrow here, I want this clown show FO to at least think about it. 

Well of course, but people are throwing out crazy hypotheticals and acting like we can play everyone in the Draft like a
fool and come out a great team cause of more picks. More picks doesn't mean a better team. The quality is where it is at.

We can only field 53 players and I want Joe Burrow to be one of them and not an injured Tua or Dalton like Herbert.

Bottom line, we need a Franchise QB right now that can play great in big games. Burrow is the only one that has done 
this and done it better than any college QB ever. You draft this guy and build around him, the silliness needs to end.

There honestly isn't an offer out there that could be given for THIS team that should be considered in the end.

The most sure pick needs to be made, that is Joe Burrow and it is too easy. We trade it away and things get really hard
again for this inexperienced coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
**** that.

10 first round picks minimum.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 11:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well of course, but people are throwing out crazy hypotheticals and acting like we can play everyone in the Draft like a
fool and come out a great team cause of more picks. More picks doesn't mean a better team. The quality is where it is at.

We can only field 53 players and I want Joe Burrow to be one of them and not an injured Tua or Dalton like Herbert.

Bottom line, we need a Franchise QB right now that can play great in big games. Burrow is the only one that has done 
this and done it better than any college QB ever. You draft this guy and build around him, the silliness needs to end.

There honestly isn't an offer out there that could be given for THIS team that should be considered in the end.

The most sure pick needs to be made, that is Joe Burrow and it is too easy. We trade it away and things get really hard
again for this inexperienced coaching staff.

I think you should sleep on it. LOL 

I like Burrow. If he brings that stuff to Cincy, it could be great. Remember, he will face a bigger talent then what he faced in college. Plus, as I stated, there's always the injury thing. Someone mentioned Tua earlier. ABSOLUTELY NOT! But a good general might take those picks and rebuild while thinking of a QB next year (not Tua). I get the reasoning around Tobin not having good drafts of late. Trust me, I do. However, when we look at Burrow this time last year, we all run away with this thought.

I'm just saying the FO needs to consider. I'm going to be upset if they accept anything less than Burrow, but man, knowing our luck, you just got to think about it. If they take the picks and make awesome selections? Well, I won't be that upset.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 08:48 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: You know who are going to tell us that 3 first round picks sounds like a good deal for Joe Burrow? All the people who don’t have a chance to draft Joe Burrow! He just had the best season a college QB has ever had. Has the potential to be the best QB in the NFL over the course of the next decade and a half. And we think 3 2020 first round picks is worth that?

I’m honestly not sure what I feel will be a fair price for Burrow. To me I know it starts with at least 5 first round picks, and probably at least 2 thirds. I’m still not sure I’d take that considering some of those first round picks are probably no earlier than pick 26.

At this point, the Bengals could take Joe Burrow and he could be a complete bust, and I’ll still be a fan. If this team passes on him, I’m just not sure I can do this anymore. I’ve been a fan of this team my whole life, for whatever reason. I always assumed there was literally nothing that would drive me away or test my loyalty. And yet I find myself contemplating whether or not I could keep going if they pass on this guy. I get the logic of trading for more picks, especially with the holes  we have. If this happened last year and Kyler Murray is starting at us at #1, I’m all for obtaining as many picks as we can get. But trading this pick for Burrow just feels like too much of a mistake.
I actually might be more of a fan if we can do a Walker deal ..Wow 
Reply/Quote