Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami/Duke (3rd straight week miracle finish)
So Miami blew a 12 point lead when Duke scored 2 TDs in a 2:30 span including the go ahead with 6 seconds left. Here's where the crazy part comes in. Duke squibs it down the middle and is picked up by Miami around the 30 yard line area. 8 or 9 laterals later Miami breaks through down the left sideline and takes it in for what looked like the winning TD. There was a flag on the play for an illegal block in the back. Play went to review for a good 10 minutes to check for a knee down before one of the laterals as well for the block in the back. Ref was about to make the announcement and got called back to the headset which lasted another 2 minutes. Finally he announces the knee was not down and all blocks were legal so it is a TD and game is over. Miami won 30-27.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 12:01 AM)cinci4life Wrote: So Miami blew a 12 point lead when Duke scored 2 TDs in a 2:30 span including the go ahead with 6 seconds left. Here's where the crazy part comes in. Duke squibs it down the middle and is picked up by Miami around the 30 yard line area. 8 or 9 laterals later Miami breaks through down the left sideline and takes it in for what looked like the winning TD. There was a flag on the play for an illegal block in the back. Play went to review for a good 10 minutes to check for a knee down before one of the laterals as well for the block in the back. Ref was about to make the announcement and got called back to the headset which lasted another 2 minutes. Finally he announces the knee was not down and all blocks were legal so it is a TD and game is over. Miami won 30-27.

That ending was such bullshit. 

So many blocks in that back. Overturned a penalty in a review. 

Bitter Duke fan.

[Image: 12065555_1171181472909332_84070085355565...e=56D12190]

The Block in the Back
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have no idea how the refs missed the 12th guy on the field for Miami.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Just to clarify the block in the back part, I just saw going across ESPN's The Bottom Line that said the refs picked up the flag after discussing it. Replay had nothing to do with it being overturned. That being said, I have no horse in that race but I think they had it called right the first time. There were a couple blocks in the back.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 12:29 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Just to clarify the block in the back part, I just saw going across ESPN's The Bottom Line that said the refs picked up the flag after discussing it. Replay had nothing to do with it being overturned. That being said, I have no horse in that race but I think they had it called right the first time. There were a couple blocks in the back.

I did  LOL , God I should have just set myself up for it after seeing them uphold that terrible fumble early in the game.  :smash:  Wasted
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 12:14 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: That ending was such bullshit. 

So many blocks in that back. Overturned a penalty in a review. 

Bitter Duke fan.

[Image: 12065555_1171181472909332_84070085355565...e=56D12190]

The Block in the Back

You'll be happy to know that the onfield and replay officials have been suspended 2 games for missing the knee down and 2 blocks in the back.
Reply/Quote