Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami Trades for Burrow Draft (proposed)
Fellow Bengals Fans,

We all know that the Bengals are doing their due dilligence with mock drafts and scenerios of their own over the next few weeks.

And, if Miami were to give a mega deal for Burrow, the Bengals would know before the draft and work out the strategy to see the plethora of talent they'd accrue.

I had to make it a trade proposal that the Bengals just couldn't pass on because I feel the Fans would boycott the franchise if they didn't take Burrow at #1. Lmao

So, the Trade is Miami's first 5 picks and a #1 in 2021 and #1 in 2022.

That's A LOT of drafts picks in the Top 100 over the next 3 drafts. It would be hard to pass up IMO.

And, they obviously feel the team would get infused with talent and they would roll with Dalton to take them to the Playoffs again while grooming the next QB of the future.

Here's the draft that I ended up with this year in having picks 5, 18, 26, 33, 39, 56, 65, 70, 107, 147, 180, 215. (This is also the picks without moving all around the draft for extra or less picks of course).

MY QUESTION TO EVERYONE IS, WOULD THIS BE GOOD ENOUGH IN YOUR OPINIONS???????

#5-----Tristan Wirfs LT/RT Iowa
#18---Jordan Love (Perfect scenerio of course) QB Utah St
#26---Kenneth Murray LB Okl
#33---Tee Higgins WR Clemson
#39---Marlon Davidson DL Auburn
#56---Clyde Edwards Helaire RB LSU
#65---Curtis Weaver DE/LB Boise St
#70--Antoine Winfield Jr. S Minn
#107--Netane Muti OG Fresno St
#147--Josiah Deguara TE UC
#180--Willie Gay Jr. LB Miss St
#215--Ben Victor WR OSU

IMO, we could still get some trades, end up with 8 or 9 picks, and end up with a very nice draft centered around Joe Burrow and be on our way. There's just too many question marks if these guys would all hit or not. Only something like 50% of 1st rounders hit and we've got 3 of those. And, one is a "Project" QB for the future. I just don't think so.

I'll be anxious to see everyone's opinions on it though. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Reply/Quote
Right out the gate, the only way Cincy even considers even a mammoth move is:

1. Miami already has and includes the 3 or 4 overall pick.
2. Cincy justifies that the dropoff from Burrow to Hebert or Tua isn't enough to turn down a bounty of picks.

I know it's some work, but I'd go back and pick your trade into one of those spots and get your choice of QB. Love is a good prospect but they're taking a top tier guy instead of hoping for one to fall. We should deal with the reality of getting offered a huge trade package and know that we've scouted the other QB.
Reply/Quote
I think the bengals are in a position to not take a trade like that now.

Before FA I’d say we about have to take this, but with all of our signings The bengals are in a good place and Burrow won’t have to be great immediately for them to be good.

I do think they should think about trading back in later rounds for some extra money but picks.
Reply/Quote
I would just never want to be known as the team that passed on taking Joe Burrow and the number of picks they might be able to get is pretty much beside the point.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hahahaha bro that trade but the mock would be unreal. I’d die of excitement if this shit happened. I like Jordan love
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 05:56 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Fellow Bengals Fans,

We all know that the Bengals are doing their due dilligence with mock drafts and scenerios of their own over the next few weeks.

And, if Miami were to give a mega deal for Burrow, the Bengals would know before the draft and work out the strategy to see the plethora of talent they'd accrue.

I had to make it a trade proposal that the Bengals just couldn't pass on because I feel the Fans would boycott the franchise if they didn't take Burrow at #1. Lmao

That's A LOT of drafts picks in the Top 100 over the next 3 drafts. It would be hard to pass up IMO.

And, they obviously feel the team would get infused with talent and they would roll with Dalton to take them to the Playoffs again while grooming the next QB of the future.

Here's the draft that I ended up with this year in having picks 5, 18, 26, 33, 39, 56, 65, 70, 107, 147, 180, 215. (This is also the picks without moving all around the draft for extra or less picks of course).

#5-----Tristan Wirfs   LT/RT   Iowa
#18---Jordan Love (Perfect scenerio of course)  QB   Utah St
#26---Kenneth Murray  LB    Okl
#33---Tee Higgins  WR    Clemson
#39---Marlon Davidson  DL   Auburn
#56---Clyde Edwards Helaire   RB    LSU
#65---Curtis Weaver   DE/LB   Boise St  
#70--Antoine Winfield Jr.  S  Minn
#107--Netane Muti   OG   Fresno St
#147--Josiah Deguara  TE  UC
#180--Willie Gay Jr.  LB   Miss St
#215--Ben Victor  WR  OSU

IMO, we could still get some trades, end up with 8 or 9 picks, and end up with a very nice draft centered around Joe Burrow and be on our way. There's just too many question marks if these guys would all hit or not. Only something like 50% of 1st rounders hit and we've got 3 of those. And, one is a "Project" QB for the future. I just don't think so.

I'll be anxious to see everyone's opinions on it though.  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

no

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure any of those players individually or even together amount to what Burrow could be if he's anything close to what he's being hyped as. I also doubt Miami would ever give that much to get him. Giving up all of that draft capital would make it a lot more difficult to build around your young franchise quarterback. Also, if, god forbid, Burrow isn't what he's cracked up to be, the franchise is crippled for 5 years.

I'm taking the quarterback with the first overall and not thinking twice. That's what you do when you're in that position and you have a talent like that staring you in the face. If you pass on him and he's Joe Montana reborn, it just goes down as another unimaginably inept and sad chapter in Bengal lore. They can't afford to keep adding to that book.

Imagine watching Burrow go on to win meaningful games while we continue to toil and think of what could have been. He's not a lock, but it's a chance they have to take. It more acceptable to take him and watch him bust than it is to not take him and watch him be great. Almost nobody is saying they shouldn't take him, so it's not like there will be an overabundance of "I told you so" going around if he sucks.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 12:27 AM)samhain Wrote: I'm not sure any of those players individually or even together amount to what Burrow could be if he's anything close to what he's being hyped as.  I also doubt Miami would ever give that much to get him.  Giving up all of that draft capital would make it a lot more difficult to build around your young franchise quarterback.  Also, if, god forbid, Burrow isn't what he's cracked up to be, the franchise is crippled for 5 years.

I'm taking the quarterback with the first overall and not thinking twice.  That's what you do when you're in that position and you have a talent like that staring you in the face.  If you pass on him and he's Joe Montana reborn, it just goes down as another unimaginably inept and sad chapter in Bengal lore.  They can't afford to keep adding to that book.  

Imagine watching Burrow go on to win meaningful games while we continue to toil and think of what could have been.  He's not a lock, but it's a chance they have to take.  It more acceptable to take him and watch him bust than it is to not take him and watch him be great.  Almost nobody is saying they shouldn't take him, so it's not like there will be an overabundance of "I told you so" going around if he sucks.

Those are all good points Samhain! I'm with you as well. Like I said, I had to make it pretty far fetched in regards to capital attained b/c that's what it would take for the Bengals to move off of him IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 08:04 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I think the bengals are in a position to not take a trade like that now.

Before  FA I’d say we about have to take this, but with all of our signings The  bengals are in a good place and Burrow won’t have to be great immediately for them to be good.

I do think they should think about trading back in later rounds for some extra money but picks.

I was thinking about before and after FA as well. But, think about how better the defense seems to be now; then, you add another 5 new players from the draft, infuse it with some youth. Now, you're playing with some fire.
It's just something to fantasize about. Lol
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 07:24 PM)phil413 Wrote: Right out the gate, the only way Cincy even considers even a mammoth move is:

1. Miami already has and includes the 3 or 4 overall pick.
2. Cincy justifies that the dropoff from Burrow to Hebert or Tua isn't enough to turn down a bounty of picks.

I know it's some work, but I'd go back and pick your trade into one of those spots and get your choice of QB.  Love is a good prospect but they're taking a top tier guy instead of hoping for one to fall.  We should deal with the reality of getting offered a huge trade package and know that we've scouted the other QB.

Well, they've scouted all of these QBs by now already, even coached Herbert at the Senior Bowl. But, your point is well taken. If they were at 3 or 4, it'd be a different story. #5 pick doesn't ensure Tua or Herbert. Even the #4 pick doesn't. Lol
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 05:56 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Fellow Bengals Fans,

#5-----Tristan Wirfs   LT/RT   Iowa
#18---Jordan Love (Perfect scenerio of course)  QB   Utah St
#26---Kenneth Murray  LB    Okl
#33---Tee Higgins  WR    Clemson
#39---Marlon Davidson  DL   Auburn
#56---Clyde Edwards Helaire   RB    LSU
#65---Curtis Weaver   DE/LB   Boise St  
#70--Antoine Winfield Jr.  S  Minn
#107--Netane Muti   OG   Fresno St
#147--Josiah Deguara  TE  UC
#180--Willie Gay Jr.  LB   Miss St
#215--Ben Victor  WR  OSU

I'll be anxious to see everyone's opinions on it though.  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

I'll play your scenario (and will whisper that I'd do that trade so I don't get attacked). I'd switch the #5 pick to Isaiah Simmons or Okudah. I'm good with Love at #18 to develop since Dalton is still there and would take the OT at #26. We could argue which WR at #33, but I really like the position there outside of Zach Baun being available. I also wouldn't be opposed to trading down there and picking up another 1st next year (to make a run at Lawrence). 

I'm not liking taking RB in round 2 unless it means Mixon isn't getting an extension. I really like the value pick of Winfield Jr and think Victor could be a great developmental guy for the practice squad in the 7th.
Reply/Quote
I like trading and acquiring more draft capital. This year is different though. I'll give you credit for the over value in trade you propose Miami giving. This year is a quality over quantity argument for me. I WANT the qb that passed at 76 percent and 60 td's going undefeated in the SEC and winning the national title. The resume and stats are just too big for me to trade away.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a big fan of Jordan Love but if you could get a player like Derek Carr I would be more inclined to the trade. 6 additional picks would be hard to pass up though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
IF you accept that trade, then you make sure you take a QB at #5 (Herbert - who I don't like one bit, but the coaches do) or move back up to #3 and get Tua (the only other guy that I think has franchise potential). There's no way I bank my future on Jordan Love.
Reply/Quote
What I'm hoping for is that Miami spends all their first and second round picks to move up to #2 for Tua and then later find out neither the Lions or the Skins ever had any intention of taking him. That would make me very happy because I am sick to death of the Dolphins.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 08:15 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'll play your scenario (and will whisper that I'd do that trade so I don't get attacked). I'd switch the #5 pick to Isaiah Simmons or Okudah. I'm good with Love at #18 to develop since Dalton is still there and would take the OT at #26. We could argue which WR at #33, but I really like the position there outside of Zach Baun being available. I also wouldn't be opposed to trading down there and picking up another 1st next year (to make a run at Lawrence). 

I'm not liking taking RB in round 2 unless it means Mixon isn't getting an extension. I really like the value pick of Winfield Jr and think Victor could be a great developmental guy for the practice squad in the 7th.

Thanks, I liked your response. I took Clyde Helaire b/c he was the best talent regardless of position at #56. And, he'd be a heck of a replacement for 3rd downs in his rookie year and cutting Gio for the cap savings if needed.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 03:15 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: IF you accept that trade, then you make sure you take a QB at #5 (Herbert - who I don't like one bit, but the coaches do) or move back up to #3 and get Tua (the only other guy that I think has franchise potential).  There's no way I bank my future on Jordan Love.

Well, I had to be realistic and think both Tua and Herbert would be gone before #5 pick. There's too many teams near the top needing a QB for them to make it to #5. I could cheat here and give the Bengals Herbert at #5. But, why get all the draft picks and then have to turn right around and get rid of 2-3 of them. If that's the case, it's definitely not worth it to do that deal.
They at least say Love has some "Mahomes" type of tendencies or skill set; and, they'd be sitting him behind Dalton in this scenerio
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 03:44 PM)McC Wrote: What I'm hoping for is that Miami spends all their first and second round picks to move up to #2 for Tua and then later find out neither the Lions or the Skins ever had any intention of taking him.  That would make me very happy because I am sick to death of the Dolphins.

I would love that as well. The way they've all of a sudden been talking about Miami, they are just doing everything right aren't they??? Lmao!
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 05:11 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Thanks, I liked your response. I took Clyde Helaire b/c he was the best talent regardless of position at #56. And, he'd be a heck of a replacement for 3rd downs in his rookie year and cutting Gio for the cap savings if needed.

He's one of those bowling ball guys that are hard to get hold of, plus he has very good feet.  He bounces off of tacklers.  I think he'll be a very good player in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 03:44 PM)McC Wrote: What I'm hoping for is that Miami spends all their first and second round picks to move up to #2 for Tua and then later find out neither the Lions or the Skins ever had any intention of taking him.  That would make me very happy because I am sick to death of the Dolphins.

WhoDey2 Ditto. And Tua. 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote