Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami Trades for Burrow Draft (proposed)
I did a similar mock draft.

This is what I came up with:
[Image: ilKZdyx.png]

Tua, Ross's replacement, Murray AND Queen, Ruiz as day 1 starter, Wanogho as Hart's replacement in 2021, Dantzler in case Mack or Jackson leaves next off season, Weaver in case Lawson leaves next year, Lewis for additional guard depth, Deguara and Stone as value picks in the 6th and 7th rounds....

If this haul were promised in exchange for Burrow, I'd consider it. But even with all that talent infusion, I still don't think it's an obvious choice.

That's just how good Burrow is.
Reply/Quote
You aren't getting Tua at #5. If you want Tua, you'd have to use some of the capital you got from Miami to trade to Detroit.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 05:56 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Fellow Bengals Fans,

We all know that the Bengals are doing their due dilligence with mock drafts and scenerios of their own over the next few weeks.

And, if Miami were to give a mega deal for Burrow, the Bengals would know before the draft and work out the strategy to see the plethora of talent they'd accrue.

I had to make it a trade proposal that the Bengals just couldn't pass on because I feel the Fans would boycott the franchise if they didn't take Burrow at #1. Lmao

So, the Trade is Miami's first 5 picks and a #1 in 2021 and #1 in 2022.

That's A LOT of drafts picks in the Top 100 over the next 3 drafts. It would be hard to pass up IMO.

And, they obviously feel the team would get infused with talent and they would roll with Dalton to take them to the Playoffs again while grooming the next QB of the future.

Here's the draft that I ended up with this year in having picks 5, 18, 26, 33, 39, 56, 65, 70, 107, 147, 180, 215. (This is also the picks without moving all around the draft for extra or less picks of course).

MY QUESTION TO EVERYONE IS, WOULD THIS BE GOOD ENOUGH IN YOUR OPINIONS???????

#5-----Tristan Wirfs   LT/RT   Iowa
#18---Jordan Love (Perfect scenerio of course)  QB   Utah St
#26---Kenneth Murray  LB    Okl
#33---Tee Higgins  WR    Clemson
#39---Marlon Davidson  DL   Auburn
#56---Clyde Edwards Helaire   RB    LSU
#65---Curtis Weaver   DE/LB   Boise St  
#70--Antoine Winfield Jr.  S  Minn
#107--Netane Muti   OG   Fresno St
#147--Josiah Deguara  TE  UC
#180--Willie Gay Jr.  LB   Miss St
#215--Ben Victor  WR  OSU

IMO, we could still get some trades, end up with 8 or 9 picks, and end up with a very nice draft centered around Joe Burrow and be on our way. There's just too many question marks if these guys would all hit or not. Only something like 50% of 1st rounders hit and we've got 3 of those. And, one is a "Project" QB for the future. I just don't think so.

I'll be anxious to see everyone's opinions on it though.  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

My take on it, and I've posted this scenario in another thread, is that Herbert is not a sufficient enough of an upgrade over Dalton to warrant taking him and that Tua should not be taken high due to injury history. Let someone else gamble on Tua and someone will.

Instead, I proposed that the Bengals fill out the talent on their roster and solidify the weak spots. At pick 5 I'd snag LB Isaiah Simmons to complete the starting LBers or an OT to replace Hart or a WR as AJ's eventual replacement. There's different ways you could go, but the key would be getting a game changer with the pick.

Overall, with the 6 picks in the first two rounds, I'd take two WRs to solidify that position, a LBer, an OT (Harts replacement), an OG (Michael Jordan's replacement) and depth for another spot.

With a replenished receiving corp and upgraded offensive line and a stacked defense, I believe Dalton could be successful and possibly more successful than Herbert.

Given that Miami will likely have few wins in 2020, I'd expect a top 10 pick next season and the team could start looking for a QB at that time.

I personally would not make the trade, but I can see why someone would. The team tends to whiff every draft on one of the early pick, so in the end can't really count on the team snagging 6 starters in the first two rounds.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
No way Miami would give up that much for Burrow, he might be the #1 overall to most people but most experts I have read have not linked him to P. Manning and some not to Luck as a absolute you cant pass on him.. The load you are offering would totally rebuild the team.. the QB alone can not carry a team but Miami will not give up what you put out there.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 09:40 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I did a similar mock draft.

This is what I came up with:
[Image: ilKZdyx.png]

Tua, Ross's replacement, Murray AND Queen, Ruiz as day 1 starter, Wanogho as Hart's replacement in 2021, Dantzler in case Mack or Jackson leaves next off season, Weaver in case Lawson leaves next year, Lewis for additional guard depth, Deguara and Stone as value picks in the 6th and 7th rounds....

If this haul were promised in exchange for Burrow, I'd consider it. But even with all that talent infusion, I still don't think it's an obvious choice.

That's just how good Burrow is.

I would take this in heartbeat with either Tua or Herbert...
Reply/Quote