Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micah Parsons Why Not?
Defense wins you the game. Every single time. But LB's like in the SB mentioned above can really make it thrive.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Character Concerns aside Parsons as a prospect has everything you want in a linebacker size, speed, length....except every thing above the shoulders. He has questions about reading his keys and coverage because it's not something Penn State asked him to do. Parsons job at Penn was see gap attack gap.

Well to be fair they moved him to MIKE and he's only played there for 2 years. Dude was a DE and RB in college. As well as he transitioned I'm not sure how much I'd question his mental approach to the game
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 05:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've said it before and I'll say it again. If it wasn't for this forum I'd never know anything about the incident with Parsons. I have never seen it mentioned in a draft analysis of merit. Seems some are over-blowing it because we don't like the prospect and are just looking for something.

If anyone watched the Superbowl they see what great athletic LBs can do. We only play 2 LBs in the vast majority of our formation; it'd be great if one of the was All Pro caliber. Parsons can cover, tackle, and rush,

Probably won’t even get mentioned at all on draft night. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 05:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably won’t even get mentioned at all on draft night. Ninja

Who knows; they might mention a alleged fight between team mates  that was investigated and nothing was concluded. That's it as far a Micah's character and it's only alleged. Some are trying to tie Micah to a sexual harassment cover up because the kid he allegedly got in a fight with accused others of more wrong doing. I'd be surprised if they mentioned it other than to say how silly it is. 

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 05:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows; they might mention a alleged fight between team mates  that was investigated and nothing was concluded. That's it as far a Micah's character and it's only alleged. Some are trying to tie Micah to a sexual harassment cover up because the kid he allegedly got in a fight with accused others of more wrong doing. I'd be surprised if they mentioned it other than to say how silly it is. 

Ok.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 04:39 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Azeez Ojulari is the best LB in this draft class. I’d take Jaelan Phillips over him too

Parsons gets their lunch and probably steals half their dinner... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 05:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows; they might mention a alleged fight between team mates  that was investigated and nothing was concluded. That's it as far a Micah's character and it's only alleged. Some are trying to tie Micah to a sexual harassment cover up because the kid he allegedly got in a fight with accused others of more wrong doing. I'd be surprised if they mentioned it other than to say how silly it is. 

yep.. like i stated it is hardly even mentioned by those that count.. sure could it slide him a spot or two.. maybe but a total need LB team is going to not even worth about it, they are going to look at his excellent performance and no issues since....
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 01:27 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Devin White looked great on the Buccs playoff run, not sure he is a great story for passing on Parsons.

Perhaps Parsons isn’t the guy for us, but I’m not sold on “we fixed the LBs last year” narrative. Still a major weak spot from my viewpoint.

It took White almost 2 full seasons to start playing to his potential consistently. His last 2 reg season games and the playoffs, the switch came on. 

That's typically the reason LBs like him don't go real high, unless you're a team that can afford to allow them to develop. Guys like Kuechly and Lavonte David are the exception. I don't think the Bengals are in a position to draft a LB like him and wait for the development to happen when they have so many greater needs that need to produce right away. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:04 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He must’ve really turned it around those last few weeks. Curious to hear the same stat line for the playoffs.

Either way, can’t argue those numbers, pretty horrid lol.

He was better in the playoffs. 18 receptions on 25 attempts (72% is still a bit high though) for 167 yds, 0 tds and 2 ints for a passer rating against of 56.6

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If he was 'that guy' who inexplicably fell like a rock for some reason (and you know there's always that one guy)...i'd be running to the podium in the 3rd. 

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 05:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably won’t even get mentioned at all on draft night. Ninja

and i guess you think the war rooms will be listening to what the announcers are saying.. come on now....
Reply/Quote
I'm not really for taking Parsons at 5. But the character concerns sounds like typical ESPN Jerry Springer inspired drama/smut to me. They are very good at that. One of the worst networks out there, and definitely the worst sports network. Here is PSU's response:

“Penn State diligently works to foster a community of safety and security for its students and student-athletes, so that they may participate freely in the academic and athletic opportunities the University offers. We’re disappointed that ESPN has chosen to rehash a series of allegations that have remained unsubstantiated despite being investigated thoroughly through the University’s established processes for responding to claims of misconduct and by the Penn State police.

Coach Franklin never instructed Mr. Humphries to avoid contacting authorities. The court has twice rejected Mr. Humphries’ complaints, and despite his continued revisions, previously dismissed the claims against Coach Franklin in their entirety. We believe the claims relating to Coach Franklin have no merit, and we will continue to defend him vigorously.”

I wouldnt be happy to take Parson's at 5. But F ESPN. They are awful and I dont believe much of what they say about anything.
Reply/Quote
Only if you trade back
Reply/Quote
An Alpha like Parsons in the middle of the talent we are putting in place on this defense could be special.

I’d be excited as hell if we did. I wouldn’t expect instant results. Like just about everybody else in this draft he will take some time to develop. But the sky is the limit.

Dude has the LB mentality that is absolutely necessary to succeed at LB in the NFL though. Of course I thought that about Paul Dawson too but Parsons is a whole different animal.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 04:39 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Azeez Ojulari is the best LB in this draft class. I’d take Jaelan Phillips over him too

Both of those guys are kind of wasted if they don't rush the passer.  I could see either or both of them being really good at that in the league, but certainly playing more EDGE than LB.

I've watched Parsons and tried to "get it" with him, but it always looks like he's playing spy.  His play reminds me of Jordyn Brooks(a guy who has so far massively underwhelmed for a first rounder).  The character concern stuff is probably whatever.  Tremaine Edmunds was a far more tempting prospect at off-ball LB IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 12:54 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If he was 'that guy' who inexplicably fell like a rock for some reason (and you know there's always that one guy)...i'd be running to the podium in the 3rd. 

Yeah, and if Trevor Lawrence fell I'd be running to the podium in the 6th. 

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 10:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, and if Trevor Lawrence fell I'd be running to the podium in the 6th. 

Liar. I know you'd be there in the 5th.

Reply/Quote
I’d also take koramora over Parsons.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 07:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Parsons gets their lunch and probably steals half their dinner... Hilarious

Sounds about right.

Reply/Quote
I initially wanted this guy at 5 pending Sewell not there.

However I'm on board with Sewell, Chase or Pitts before Parsons.

I want an elite offense.... defense IMO is hard as heck to get right.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote