Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Micah Parsons on Joe's performance
'By now, everyone has seen the narratives around the struggles of Joe Burrow coming out of his Cincinnati Bengals losing to the Cleveland Browns in the opener.

But there are those more than willing to push back against the narratives.

One is superstar Dallas Cowboys defender Micah Parsons, who went to bat for Burrow on his Bleacher Report show “The Edge” this week.'

“Everyone is throwing shade on Joe Burrow,” Parsons said. “Listen, everyone has these days, it’s the National Football League…Some days, people are going to out-execute you.”

And Parsons on the silly narrative that Burrow got “benched” late: “No, it is not benching. You got your franchise quarterback who just got paid. Who came off a calf injury in camp, so barely really got to work with his guys. The chemistry and timing could be off. So guys, be realistic…"

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/09/13/cowboys-micah-parsons-take-joe-burrow-struggles/?taid=6501fd6a74de150001d40305&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter
Reply/Quote
Dang it.
I hate respecting a Cowboy.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I blame it on the hairdo. All good now. LOL

Reply/Quote
Parsons is one of the good guys. He is a secrete Bengal fan.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well it's true. Heck, Josh Allen shit the bed too and he is constantly talked about as a top QB as well. Also, and I feel like I keep bringing this up but Burrow still has not had a full preseason in his career. I think that makes a big difference. I don't know, but how many actual full practice days did he get before the Browns game?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 04:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well it's true.  Heck, Josh Allen shit the bed too and he is constantly talked about as a top QB as well.  Also, and I feel like I keep bringing this up but Burrow still has not had a full preseason in his career.  I think that makes a big difference.  I don't know, but how many actual full practice days did he get before the Browns game?

Or better question - What would have been better - a rusty, recovering Burrow or backup Jake Browning for the Browns game?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 05:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Or better question - What would have been better - a rusty, recovering Burrow or backup Jake Browning for the Browns game?

That is a good question. But given the timing of Burrow's record breaking contract I'm guessing unless he was so injured he could not play at all then he was going to be the one on the field that day even if he wasn't totally healthy.  Hard to tell.  Last Sunday Burrow didn't look like he had even played with the team before but I also am thinking health wise he was still dealing with issues.  Either way the offense seemed unprepared no matter what contributed to it.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 05:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That is a good question. But given the timing of Burrow's record breaking contract I'm guessing unless he was so injured he could not play at all then he was going to be the one on the field that day even if he wasn't totally healthy.  Hard to tell.  Last Sunday Burrow didn't look like he had even played with the team before but I also am thinking health wise he was still dealing with issues.  

I'd really like to see the Bengals get the 1 or 2 seed this year.
It'd be nice to see multiple playoff games be in Cincy instead of just one and then traveling to places like BUF or KC.
Always happy if they come down to Nashville though :)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm not going nuts over Burrow's bad performance, yet. Now if he comes out this Sunday and looks like Bad Andy again then one eyebrow will go up.

Parsons is right.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 05:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Or better question - What would have been better - a rusty, recovering Burrow or backup Jake Browning for the Browns game?

I think based on how off Burrow was, Browning was the better bet. But hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

And I'm not even saying that with the thought that Browning gets us much closer to the win. Only it lets Burrow get an extra week's rest. But the coaches may have thought that some extra in-game reps would help. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 04:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well it's true.  Heck, Josh Allen shit the bed too and he is constantly talked about as a top QB as well.  Also, and I feel like I keep bringing this up but Burrow still has not had a full preseason in his career.  I think that makes a big difference.  I don't know, but how many actual full practice days did he get before the Browns game?

He's being talked about pretty negatively, as he should, after Mondays performance. I've seen multiple negative posts/articles about his turnover problems. 
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow has had two consecutive shit the bed performances on Opening Day. The debacle against the Turds last week was bad but the four-turnover performance against Pissburgh last year might have been an all time low.

Here’s the thing: Joe came back strong last year and the same will happen next week. The Ravens’ secondary is going to get torched like an ogre chased by angry villagers.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 06:35 PM)TheFan Wrote: He's being talked about pretty negatively, as he should, after Mondays performance. I've seen multiple negative posts/articles about his turnover problems. 

I never said he wasn't being talked about.  I said he had a bad game as well and is considered one of the top QBs.  So my point as to this thread is yes top QBs have bad games like Burrow and Allen had.

Probably the only top 10 rated QB that had a worse game than Borrow and Allen was Rodgers.   Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Do people actually think he was benched? The game was out of reach, it was raining, and he’s recovering from an injury.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 06:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not going nuts over Burrow's bad performance, yet. Now if he comes out this Sunday and looks like Bad Andy again then one eyebrow will go up.

Parsons is right.
Andy never did what Burrow did last Sunday
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 08:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Do people actually think he was benched?  The game was out of reach, it was raining, and he’s recovering from an injury.

Yes its a narrative Chiefs and Browns fans are running with
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 08:38 PM)Housh Wrote: Yes its a narrative Chiefs and Browns fans are running with

Willfully ignorant I guess.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 04:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Parsons is one of the good guys. He is a secrete Bengal fan.

Idk if he’s really a “good guy” but he’s a hell of a player, and I agree with him here.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 08:37 PM)Housh Wrote: Andy never did what Burrow did last Sunday

[Image: Lq9.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 08:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Do people actually think he was benched?  The game was out of reach, it was raining, and he’s recovering from an injury.

Was wondering the same thing. Micah was right as others said. We rested Joe after a tough outing is all.

He will bounce back and be great, as another poster said, tough to like a Cowboy, but Micah Parson's is spot on and a great player.

I like him even more after just telling like it is. I doubt a stealer player would ever say such as there is a disease in Shittsburgh. Mellow
Reply/Quote