Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Micah Parsons on Joe's performance
(09-13-2023, 03:36 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Dang it.
I hate respecting a Cowboy.

I personally refuse to hate the Cowboys or the Patriots simply because for decades those two teams made Steelers fans miserable when we had almost no ability to do so ourselves.  So many seasons where the Steelers ran us over and I was reduced to saying "Boy, I sure hope Tom Brady and the Patriots stop them from winning it all this year, cuz we sure as shinola won't"

And the Cowboys always have my gratitude for stopping the 95 Steelers dead in their tracks. Larry Brown doesn't get free drinks in Pittsburgh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wait - someone with an actual logical take not just hunting for clicks?

***** wild timeline we're sharing.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 04:16 PM)tms Wrote: Meh, I don't know if I'd agree with that. With the exception of a unicorn like Chase and a guy who just got lost in the shuffle like Micah, they were all "developmental risks" to some extent. Just depends on how you look at it. Leatherwood was no slouch as an Alabama OT. Toney was a 2nd Team AA in the SEC. Most of these guys don't play early in their careers so I wouldn't hold the fact he was a late bloomer against him. Farley was more of a risk in terms of injury red flags, but he was hella productive when he played. 

On the other side, Sewell was criticized for not seeing top competition. Darrisaw was considered soft, if not lazy. Pitts was less production than RAS and potential. Oweh barely played in college. Etc. I wouldn't use the exception to prove the rule; each guy is kind of a gamble in his own right. But I do agree with the rule as it relates to quarterbacks. I think teams put too much emphasis on grabbing a quarterback even if the right guy's not available, especially at the top of the draft. But I've felt that way for a long time. 

I should clarify what I meant on Toney.
He was essentially a gadget player most of his college career.
He was good for YAC, but he wasn't some stud experienced WR.
There were plenty of things he needed to develop if he was going to be a WR in the NFL.

Kyle Pitts was NFL-ready, IMO.
He had multiple years of high TE production in college.
97 receptions for over 1400 yards and 17 TDs his last two years in college.
He had both proven production and elite RAS.

Sewell only was kind of criticized. He played in a Power 5 conference, so it was top-ish competition.
Sure, it wasn't against the SEC or Big 10, but Power 5 is Power 5.
Sewell, Pitts, and Chase were all considered safe picks, at least by me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 04:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well it's true.  Heck, Josh Allen shit the bed too and he is constantly talked about as a top QB as well.  Also, and I feel like I keep bringing this up but Burrow still has not had a full preseason in his career.  I think that makes a big difference.  I don't know, but how many actual full practice days did he get before the Browns game?

Not the same, Josh Allen has been shitting the bed. People just ignore it because he's also talented and over-hyped. 

He lead the NFL in turnovers last year and sure looks like he might lead it again this year. He's had a turnover in his last 6 games in a row, including the playoffs, with 9 INT and 7 Fumbles (3 lost). Since he entered the NFL, he leads the NFL in turnovers.

Not particularly worried about Burrow so long as he can heal up, but his Week 1 flop and Allen's Week 1 flop are very different.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 08:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not the same, Josh Allen has been shitting the bed. People just ignore it because he's also talented and over-hyped. 

He lead the NFL in turnovers last year and sure looks like he might lead it again this year. He's had a turnover in his last 6 games in a row, including the playoffs, with 9 INT and 7 Fumbles (3 lost). Since he entered the NFL, he leads the NFL in turnovers.

Not particularly worried about Burrow so long as he can heal up, but his Week 1 flop and Allen's Week 1 flop are very different.

And don't forget that Tom Brady got his shot when he took over for Drew Bledsoe, a notorious interception machine.  Allen better watch his health, elsewise he could end up Bledsoed..

On another note, the main gist that I'm getting from this thread is that Micah Parsons has a bro crush on Joe Burrow.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 08:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not the same, Josh Allen has been shitting the bed. People just ignore it because he's also talented and over-hyped. 

It wasn't ignored.  There was actually a discussion on GMFB about it where they asked if Burrow got a pass and Allen didn't.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/do-you-think-joe-burrow-got-a-pass-from-media-after-week-1-performance-but-josh-

As to that I do give Burrow more of a pass because of his limited practice time which I mentioned earlier. But again my point was to the OP and agreeing that very good QBs have bad games and Josh Allen is regularly rated as a top QB, not by me but by the sports media.   Both of them played terrible in week 1.  Both of them are considered to be top level QBs.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 07:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I should clarify what I meant on Toney.
He was essentially a gadget player most of his college career.
He was good for YAC, but he wasn't some stud experienced WR.
There were plenty of things he needed to develop if he was going to be a WR in the NFL.

Kyle Pitts was NFL-ready, IMO.
He had multiple years of high TE production in college.
97 receptions for over 1400 yards and 17 TDs his last two years in college.
He had both proven production and elite RAS.

Sewell only was kind of criticized. He played in a Power 5 conference, so it was top-ish competition.
Sure, it wasn't against the SEC or Big 10, but Power 5 is Power 5.
Sewell, Pitts, and Chase were all considered safe picks, at least by me.

That's fair. It was a special class regardless imo.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 06:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I personally refuse to hate the Cowboys or the Patriots simply because for decades those two teams made Steelers fans miserable when we had almost no ability to do so ourselves.  So many seasons where the Steelers ran us over and I was reduced to saying "Boy, I sure hope Tom Brady and the Patriots stop them from winning it all this year, cuz we sure as shinola won't"

And the Cowboys always have my gratitude for stopping the 95 Steelers dead in their tracks. Larry Brown doesn't get free drinks in Pittsburgh.
That's a fair point. I now reluctantly recall feeling the same way.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 05:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That is a good question. But given the timing of Burrow's record breaking contract I'm guessing unless he was so injured he could not play at all then he was going to be the one on the field that day even if he wasn't totally healthy.  Hard to tell.  Last Sunday Burrow didn't look like he had even played with the team before but I also am thinking health wise he was still dealing with issues.  Either way the offense seemed unprepared no matter what contributed to it.

Mike's MO has always been, if I pay, you play.
Reply/Quote