Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micah Parsons
(12-30-2020, 02:36 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: It’s a nice thought. I just don’t see Miami passing in Chase. They need a wide receiver and are in perfect position to draft him. I think there’s at least a 75% chance he’s their pick.

That said, how does Atlanta pass up Parsons? Maybe if Sewell is still on the board, that’s how. If Philly and the Jets go QB, it’d be sweet to have Parsons fall in our lap.

Cue the "Guns don't kill people, Micah Parsons kills people" threads.   Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 02:36 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: It’s a nice thought. I just don’t see Miami passing in Chase. They need a wide receiver and are in perfect position to draft him. I think there’s at least a 75% chance he’s their pick.

That said, how does Atlanta pass up Parsons? Maybe if Sewell is still on the board, that’s how. If Philly and the Jets go QB, it’d be sweet to have Parsons fall in our lap.

Many around the league think Parsons to Miami is a very likely scenario. Essentially he is a better/younger version of Kyle Van Noy which is the engine that makes Flores's defense go.
Reply/Quote
I predict that we lose this Sunday and the Texans win. Sewell falls back into our laps at the #4 pick.

Falcons would probably take Parsons ahead of us.

If I'm wrong, and both Sewell and Parsons are gone and we do end up with the #5 pick, we should look at trading back and picking up an extra 2nd rounder at least.

If we can't swing a deal, then we should reunite Burrow and Chase. In case we didn't already have a huge fan base in the bayou, we would then.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 10:47 AM)Whatever Wrote: Uh, no.  The Pats ranked 21st in total defense in '18.  KC ranked 17th in '19.

uh yes, total yards allowed is meaningless its all about turnovers and points allowed.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

I don't see Miami Passing on Sewell so there we have it.  =)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 04:33 PM)Okeana Wrote: I don't see Miami Passing on Sewell so there we have it.  =)

You never know.  They just drafted a LT last year and they may very well trade down and grab a bunch of picks as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 04:30 PM)Okeana Wrote: uh yes, total yards allowed is meaningless its all about turnovers and points allowed.

Uh, no.  When people talk defensive rankings, total defense is the generally accepted metric unless you're specifying something else.  And scoring defense is a terrible metric to evaluate how good a defense plays.  A team with a great offense can consistently win the field position battle and force opponents to go long fields, making it much harder to score points.  Conversely, a team with a bad offense can consistently give the opponent short fields and make it easier for opponents to score points. Not to mention that K's make a huge difference in scoring defense.  It's the defensive metric literally most affected by the offense and ST's.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 02:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: Many around the league think Parsons to Miami is a very likely scenario. Essentially he is a better/younger version of Kyle Van Noy which is the engine that makes Flores's defense go.

In that case, the Falcons definitely don’t need a wide receiver. But Philly is a huge wild card. They like their wideouts, but could also go with a QB, or go another route as well.

It’ll hinge on what Miami does for sure. I really think they pick Chase though. Parsons or Sewell would be the other options for sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 04:33 PM)Okeana Wrote: I don't see Miami Passing on Sewell so there we have it.  =)

I don’t see them passing on Sewell either. I don’t see the Jets passing on him. He’s clearly going to be the best player available at 2. Both Miami and the Jets like picking lineman high.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 06:43 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: In that case, the Falcons definitely don’t need a wide receiver. But Philly is a huge wild card. They like their wideouts, but could also go with a QB, or go another route as well.

It’ll hinge on what Miami does for sure. I really think they pick Chase though. Parsons or Sewell would be the other options for sure.

Zero chance of that happening. They just took Jalen Hurts last year.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 06:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You never know.  They just drafted a LT last year and they may very well trade down and grab a bunch of picks as well.

They actually drafted 2 OTs last year in the first round. They may get Tua his WR from Bama
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They actually drafted 2 OTs last year in the first round. They may get Tua his WR from Bama

There’s 2 to choose from, too.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 10:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Zero chance of that happening. They just took Jalen Hurts last year.

I thought he was a mid round pick. Is he the face of the franchise that they are set on? In my mind, if they fell in love with a QB, I feel like it’s a possibility. That said, I could see them going a variety of ways. LB, Wr, Cb, OL, and I wouldn’t rule out Qb.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 01:34 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I thought he was a mid round pick. Is he the face of the franchise that they are set on? In my mind, if they fell in love with a QB, I feel like it’s a possibility. That said, I could see them going a variety of ways. LB, Wr, Cb, OL, and I wouldn’t rule out Qb.

2nd round.

Reply/Quote
After today shows LB in first 5 pick
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They actually drafted 2 OTs last year in the first round. They may get Tua his WR from Bama

Who was the 2nd one?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 04:40 PM)Okeana Wrote: So I know we just came off a draft where we got linebackers, but I have to ask the question.  Would you take a Ray Lewis or Luke Kuechly in this years draft if given the chance?  He's arguably right there with Sewell from a talent evaluation standpoint.  

I AM NOT SAYING we should or shouldn't draft him, but I want to hear from a talent perspective if we're sitting at pick 5 or 6 and this guy is on the board it's a discussion that needs to be had.

On one hand, Parsons is a great LB prospect. He's got about everything you want in an off-ball LB.
On the other hand, many will say that an off-ball LB doesn't make as much of an impact nowadays compared to DB and pass rushers.
I think ultimately if you are going to take a LB that early, you have to have a defensive scheme that makes the LB uber important.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Why wouldn't they?  This is a very deep WR draft and it's not like Chase is the consensus, unquestioned #1 WR on the board.  There isn't a ton of difference between the top 3-4 guys.  I would be shocked if they took a WR at #3.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 07:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: On one hand, Parsons is a great LB prospect. He's got about everything you want in an off-ball LB.
On the other hand, many will say that an off-ball LB doesn't make as much of an impact nowadays compared to DB and pass rushers.
I think ultimately if you are going to take a LB that early, you have to have a defensive scheme that makes the LB uber important.

As I stated before.. part of your drafting is to compete within your division.. and if you look at our division.. LB moves up a notch in priority... and i would say it still one of our weakest areas since we are so young and probably going to lose Byne to FA... If we sign Lawson that lessens pass rush push in 1st round, if we sign a major tackle that lessens tackle at #5 and if we sign Jackson that lessens CB.. now you look at our depth at WR and LB plus our division and it just says LB over WR for me..

I still prefer to trade back  but I support LB as #5 pick unless we get a good one in FA
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 08:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As I stated before.. part of your drafting is to compete within your division.. and if you look at our division.. LB moves up a notch in priority... and i would say it still one of our weakest areas since we are so young and probably going to lose Byne to FA... If we sign Lawson that lessens pass rush push in 1st round, if we sign a major tackle that lessens tackle at #5 and if we sign Jackson that lessens CB.. now you look at our depth at WR and LB plus our division and it just says LB over WR for me..

I still prefer to trade back  but I support LB as #5 pick unless we get a good one in FA

Wr outside of Higgins and Boyd are absolutely terrible. And TE is even weaker.
Reply/Quote