Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Cohen plea
(08-21-2018, 07:37 PM)Dill Wrote: If Trump committed a crime I think he should be let off it is not related to the Russia investigation.

Mostly agree, but he should still be impeached regardless over breaking the law.

He won’t be, as partisan as things are. But he should be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-21-2018, 08:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Jerry isn't funny.  The show was annoying.  Especially after Larry David left.

So you at least like Curb Your Enthusiasm.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-21-2018, 08:08 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I even hate watching rallies for politicians I favor. Let alone asshats.

Same. Rallies are just lacking in substance for me.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-21-2018, 08:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Same. Rallies are just lacking in substance for me.

Are rallies really supposed to be of substance?  I thought the general idea was to bring enthusiasm and emotion?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-21-2018, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've got a feeling Mollie Tibbets might make the talking points. 

I’d take those odds for sure.
(08-21-2018, 08:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So you at least like Curb Your Enthusiasm.

What I've seen of it.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-21-2018, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are rallies really supposed to be of substance?  I thought the general idea was to bring enthusiasm and emotion?

Lock her up!
Did it violate campaign finance law because they used campaign funds to pay them off?
(08-21-2018, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've got a feeling Mollie Tibbets might make the talking points. 

I had not followed up the story so I didn't know his favorite kind of killer was charged.

Yeah, he'll use that to gloss over everything else with his sheep.

Just heard the crowd chanting "lock her up" while another speaker was on stage.   Whatever
(08-21-2018, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are rallies really supposed to be of substance?  I thought the general idea was to bring enthusiasm and emotion?

This is why I'm not a fan of rallies, because they aren't intended to be substantive.

(08-21-2018, 08:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Did it violate campaign finance law because they used campaign funds to pay them off?

Nope. The reason it violated campaign finance laws was because it was a contribution to the campaign above the maximum allowable and was not reported. Because the payoff(s) occurred to prevent damage to the campaign, it is considered a contribution even if the money never hits the campaign accounts.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-21-2018, 08:30 PM)Benton Wrote: Mostly agree, but he should still be impeached regardless over breaking the law.

He won’t be, as partisan as things are. But he should be.

LOL I was joking, Benton.  Trump supporters seem so focused on hard evidence of collusion while Trump is sleazing the White House with his outrageous sexual escapades and "fixers" not to mention using presidential powers to harm critics and obstruct an investigation into the most dramatic attack on US elections by a foreign power.  Amazing how we totally forget the disastrous Putin summit because of all the crap thrown up since then. He has surrounded himself with similar people so it's been a circus from day one. What unprecedented scandal will we be talking about next month? Maybe Omarosa is saving the best for last.

But still 40% approval.
(08-21-2018, 08:08 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I have faith in the "establishment" Republicans. Most actually do care about the country and the Constitution enough to make good choices rather than ones that make extremists cheer.

Too bad they have been voted out of office, mostly.

Trump's party now.

[Image: Dj6h87LUwAAo7IG.jpg]
(08-21-2018, 09:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Nope. The reason it violated campaign finance laws was because it was a contribution to the campaign above the maximum allowable and was not reported. Because the payoff(s) occurred to prevent damage to the campaign, it is considered a contribution even if the money never hits the campaign accounts.

The wouldn't a very easy defense against this accusation be that I paid her off so my wife didn't find out about it?
(08-21-2018, 10:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The wouldn't a very easy defense against this accusation be that I paid her off so my wife didn't find out about it?

If we're looking for easy ways out for your boy...he is never named.  It just says "the candidate".  Maybe Pence instructed Cohen?  Or Clinton!
(08-21-2018, 10:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: If we're looking for easy ways out for your boy...he is never named.  It just says "the candidate".  Maybe Pence instructed Cohen?  Or Clinton!

Shh, no one was talking to you.  I was asking a question that required an intelligent, thoughtful, response.  That alone should have clued you in to not answering.   Smirk
(08-21-2018, 10:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The wouldn't a very easy defense against this accusation be that I paid her off so my wife didn't find out about it?

Wouldn't that require some sort of indication that actually cares what his wife, current or former, finds out?
(08-21-2018, 10:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wouldn't that require some sort of indication that actually cares what his wife, current or former, finds out?

Hahaha, sure.  Just remember, beyond a reasonable doubt is a high hurdle to clear.
(08-21-2018, 10:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hahaha, sure.  Just remember, beyond a reasonable doubt is a high hurdle to clear.

I am under no delusions that Trump is going to face any sort of consequence for this, and it will likely make him even more popular with his supporters.  I just think it's amusing that you proposed that a man who wears his infidelity as a badge of honor would pony up that much cash so wife #3 wouldn't find out about transgression #293 or so against her/their marriage.

It's all just bitterly amusing, what can I say?
You know what they say. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... Where is the collusion?

So am i getting this right? The collusion which has aleady been admitted to, of course after being lied about. Which was all broadcast on TV. Doesnt count. And being guilty of anything other than collusion doesnt count either.
(08-21-2018, 11:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I am under no delusions that Trump is going to face any sort of consequence for this, and it will likely make him even more popular with his supporters.  I just think it's amusing that you proposed that a man who wears his infidelity as a badge of honor would pony up that much cash so wife #3 wouldn't find out about transgression #293 or so against her/their marriage.

It's all just bitterly amusing, what can I say?

Not proposing, just pointing out that defense would instantly negates the campaign finance violation allegations.  As someone's lawyer, you'll take them admitting to something immoral over something criminal any day.  Just ask Fred.