Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Johnson.....
who ever had the idea to move Michael Johnson from DE to DT has saved his career.....

we are under a 1/3 of the way through the season and Michael Johnson has almost as many sacks (3.0) this year as last (3.5)

Smart coaching move for who made that call and great to see him shine in his new spot

Not to mention it was discussed while playing the DT position today he was a "spy" on keeping the nimble Tyrod Taylor "contained"
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 09:53 PM)corpjet Wrote: who ever had the idea to move Michael Johnson from DE to DT has saved his career.....

we are under a 1/3 of the way through the season and Michael Johnson has almost as many sacks (3.0) this year as last (3.5)

Smart coaching move for who made that call and great to see him shine in his new spot

Not to mention it was discussed while playing the DT position today he was a "spy" on keeping the nimble Tyrod Taylor "contained"

Nice thread CJ.

MJ should be here it seems, been hating on the man cause he is a walking tree but to put him at DT is a brilliant
move and we seen it in the Preseason against the Skins. He is too quick for Guards and Centers and is strong enough
to hold up on 3rd and longs.
Reply/Quote
Keep rotating the D line keep them fresh we got a lot of talent there. We was missing more pass rushers last year Dunlap and Geno was solid but needed more. Now I read today we are on pace for 58 sacks breaking the team record of 51.
Reply/Quote
I've seen a whole lot of effort and tenacity from MJ this year. Most times, that's all you can ask, but his effort is producing results. 

ThumbsUp

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Pauly G and his DL coach have done well constructing the Line this year to utilize guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 11:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Pauly G and his DL coach have done well constructing the Line this year to utilize guys.

Burney i think might be a good D-line coach...
Reply/Quote
All the guys are making an impact. I've seen Willis and Carter flash as well. Glasglow and Billings have shown up at times too. Makes Geno looks like the Geno of old when he doesn't have to rely solely on himself.
Reply/Quote
The D line is incredible, and I don't use that lightly. We have a Super Bowl caliber DL. Geno is an elite 3 tech. Glasgow, Sims have been good run stuffers. MJ has been great as as nickel DT. Dunlap should start making more noise. Lawson is...WOW. and Smith and Willis have been showing a high motor when they're in. Only guy I've been a little disappointed with is billings, who is essentially a rookie. I really think it's Lawson and Geno on the passing downs that cause all the disruption. Geno pushing the middle and Lawson on fire from the edge. Love what I'm seeing
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:29 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: All the guys are making an impact. I've seen Willis and Carter flash as well. Glasglow and Billings have shown up at times too. Makes Geno looks like the Geno of old when he doesn't have to rely solely on himself.

You are talking Chris Smith, not Carter he be old news.

(10-09-2017, 12:35 AM)Brimey Wrote: The D line is incredible, and I don't use that lightly. We have a Super Bowl caliber DL. Geno is an elite 3 tech. Glasgow, Sims have been good run stuffers. MJ has been great as as nickel DT. Dunlap should start making more noise. Lawson is...WOW. and Smith and Willis have been showing a high motor when they're in. Only guy I've been a little disappointed with is billings, who is essentially a rookie. I really think it's Lawson and Geno on the passing downs that cause all the disruption. Geno pushing the middle and Lawson on fire from the edge. Love what I'm seeing

Still remember Geno year after his injury. Kind of expected a little nothing from my boy Billings this year.

Hope he comes back quick. Nice post on the DL. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:40 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are talking Chris Smith, not Carter he be old news.

Still remember Geno year after his injury. Kind of expected a little nothing from my boy Billings this year.

Yes Smith lol, 94!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:40 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are talking Chris Smith, not Carter he be old news.

Good point on the injury. And luckily there are other guys to fill in at a high level while Billings finds his way, unlike Atkins who just had to play through it in 2014. 
Reply/Quote
Our D-Line is arguably the best in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:28 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burney i think might be a good D-line coach...

Yes thank you for the assist in getting his name.
Reply/Quote