Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Michael Johnson not expected back
(03-24-2019, 11:55 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Johnson was a steady player here.  Teams need lunch pail guys like MJ to succeed.  While he did not put up big sack numbers, he also was not the weakness of the defense.

No doubt I was a fan, but I was talking someone with the initials. We lost him and Marvin Jones. Maybe Malik Jackson will step up or perhaps I'll have to look for a draft prospect with the initials and have him become a personal fav. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 05:13 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: I forgot about his dad's posts.  I always enjoyed that.  Too bad.  I also liked  Bengal Sis, who was always making a case for her brother, Shane Graham.

We did have a family member of McCarron's who posted here. He left when AJ did, but by some small chance he comes back, I'll respect his anonymity. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I could be wrong but thought Andre Smith had a family member on here at one point also. Maybe it was during the initial contract negotiations.
Reply/Quote
MJ was a solid player and a really fine young man.

He will be very successful at whatever he does after football if this is the end.

All the best to you MJ.
Reply/Quote
Who knows ...perhaps he'll run for city council and win.. He wouldn't be the first Bengal to do that .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I always like MJ and he had some really good years here but it's well past time to move on.
Reply/Quote
I had no idea MJ's pops used to post on the old board. Same for a McCarron family member. I do remember a guy claiming to be Odell Thurman's cousin though... Telling us all how he was gonna destroy the league when he came back.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 04:11 PM)jason Wrote: I had no idea MJ's pops used to post on the old board. Same for a McCarron family member. I do remember a guy claiming to be Odell Thurman's cousin though... Telling us all how he was gonna destroy the league when he came back.

Mhm, he didn't have class though; took the piss out of Andy constantly, talking about how much better Macaroni was and how Macaroni was going to usurp him immediately.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 04:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mhm, he didn't have class though; took the piss out of Andy constantly, talking about how much better Macaroni was and how Macaroni was going to usurp him immediately.

Oh... I may know who we're talking about then. I do remember the "future star" thread.

I rarely get on here during games, but I remember Dalton hurting his neck in preseason, and AJ got in with the first teamers. He instantly chucked a bomb in the money to Marvin Jones for a TD. I thought..."Man I bet the boards just broke from that". Sure enough. There were a ton of users on here losing their minds over it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 04:11 PM)jason Wrote: I had no idea MJ's pops used to post on the old board.

I think he used to go by torro.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Good guy, team player, it's probably his time though. Wish him the best and appreciate everything he did for the Bengals and the community.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 06:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think he used to go by torro.

Yep! Watched MJ play in HS, so always rooted for him. In the end he turned out to be a great guy, great locker room presence, a good leader, and a good player. Time to move on, but much deserved props for a kid coming out of Selma.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 10:20 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Guy was a class act and solid citizen. Played some good football here too at times, but, it is time to move on.

Guy IS a class act and solid citizen.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 10:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I get that it's not shocking news, but still interesting. He had a good (albeit overpaid at times) run.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/03/de-michael-johnson-not-expected-to-return-to-bengals

I wonder if Zimmer or the Raiders will go after him?

If Guenther is willing to take a chance on Burfict then id say MJ is in play.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 05:13 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: I forgot about his dad's posts.  I always enjoyed that.  Too bad.  I also liked  Bengal Sis, who was always making a case for her brother, Shane Graham.

You liked her? Good gravy. I was posting on a scout.com board for a long time pre-TBB. She found her way over there too. Guess she populated the entire circuit. Intolerable. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

Ahh BengalSis, i remember her. She didn't deserve to get shit on like she did when Shayne's run came to and end. He was a decent kicker for us who just got in a funk he couldn't get out of. I think she stuck around for a year after he was released.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If he goes unsigned he could be a bit of Chris Crocker type for us. I have no problem with us signing him after the season is underway if we lose someone to injury assuming the price would be pretty low (usually those types of signings are 1-2 million at most right?). Even if he has lost a step run support is a need and does have long arms which means opposing DCs have to work around that.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 11:03 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ahh BengalSis, i remember her. She didn't deserve to get shit on like she did when Shayne's run came to and end. He was a great kicker for us who just got in a funk he couldn't get out of. I think she stuck around for a year after he was released.

FIFY. Graham ranks 13th all-time in FG accuracy, and his percentage as a Bengal (86.76%) would rank 5th all-time. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It's time to move on, but MJ was nothing short of a true professional during his time here.  He had a couple of good seasons, and a few meh seasons.  The knock was overpaying for him, and keeping him starting too long.  I think a lot of that got misconstrued as "hate".  There was nothing to really hate on MJ himself....it was just the way the team handled him.

Best wishes 90.....and thanks for the effort and civic work.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 02:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's time to move on, but MJ was nothing short of a true professional during his time here.  He had a couple of good seasons, and a few meh seasons.  The knock was overpaying for him, and keeping him starting too long.  I think a lot of that got misconstrued as "hate".  There was nothing to really hate on MJ himself....it was just the way the team handled him.

Best wishes 90.....and thanks for the effort and civic work.

Agree 100%. He's definitely a good dude and a great pro. Pretty good player as well. 

Saying he was overpaid at times doesn't take away from those things.
Reply/Quote