Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Jordan Blocked His Man Into Burrow
Since when do you go all out to block your man backwards into the quarterback ? Jordan ended up hitting Burrow as much as anybody. Adeniji at Right Tackle just let his man clobber Burrow missing his block. Left Guard Jordan seemed intent on blocking his man backwards into the quarterback. So Burrow got High Lowed and flags for roughing the QB would have to be thrown on Bengals Jordan.

Watching this on YouTube, people make some fair comments insulting The Bengals. They say Burrow getting injured on Bengals was inevitable. Perhaps the best comment is " This is what happens when you put a Top QB behind a cheap Walmart O Line ".

Lately fans think Right Tackle is solved with no name Adenij. Some think Jordan of Ohio State is great, but blocking your man backwards into the QB is more stupid than Great. I agree that Bengals field a Walmart O Line, or the old K Mart Blue Light Special. This is something Mike Brown has did often since Paul Brown died. So we watch top picks Ki Jana Carter, Carson Palmer, Joe Burrow get ruined.

This O Line still STINKS, and why Jordon blocked his man and himself into Burrow on purpose is very strange blocking. So Left Guard and Right Tackle being weak on this play is no surprise. The one comment on YouTube nails it, This is what happens to Bengals playing behind their Walmart discount O Line. Mike Brown who in early 1990's and in 2017 said, " Why should I pay Offensive Linemen ? ". ....So that you don't get a Top Pick Carson or Burrow killed Mike, your Dad Paul Brown knew this, but then he was a football man.

It just hurts to see The Walmart O Line getting Burrow killed on that play. The High Low coming from Jordan blocking his man backwards, which is stupid blocking. The idea is to protect the QB, not block backwards into him. YouTube replay shows Right Tackle missed his block, but nobody can understand what Left Guard was doing. WALMART O LINE may be too nice, more like Dollar Store.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
No... People think Jordan of North Carolina is great. We all think Jordan of Ohio State sucks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 06:22 AM)kevin Wrote: Since when do you go all out to block your man backwards into the quarterback ?   Jordan ended up hitting Burrow as much as anybody.  Adeniji at Right Tackle just let his man clobber Burrow missing his block.  Left Guard Jordan seemed intent on blocking his man backwards into the quarterback.  So Burrow got High Lowed and flags for roughing the QB would have to be thrown on Bengals Jordan.

Watching this on YouTube, people make some fair comments insulting The Bengals.  They say Burrow getting injured on Bengals was inevitable.  Perhaps the best comment is " This is what happens when you put a Top QB behind a cheap Walmart O Line ".  

Lately fans think Right Tackle is solved with no name Adenij.  Some think Jordan of Ohio State is great, but blocking your man backwards into the QB is more stupid than Great.   I agree that Bengals field a Walmart O Line, or the old K Mart Blue Light Special.  This is something Mike Brown has did often since Paul Brown died.  So we watch top picks Ki Jana Carter, Carson Palmer, Joe Burrow get ruined.  

This O Line still STINKS, and why Jordon blocked his man and himself into Burrow on purpose is very strange blocking.  So Left Guard and Right Tackle being weak on this play is no surprise.  The one comment on YouTube nails it,  This is what happens to Bengals playing behind their Walmart discount O Line.  Mike Brown who in early 1990's and in 2017 said, " Why should I pay Offensive Linemen ? ". ....So that you don't get a Top Pick Carson or Burrow killed Mike, your Dad Paul Brown knew this, but then he was a football man.

It just hurts to see The Walmart O Line getting Burrow killed on that play.  The High Low coming from Jordan blocking his man backwards, which is stupid blocking.  The idea is to protect the QB, not block backwards into him.  YouTube replay shows Right Tackle missed his block, but nobody can understand what Left Guard was doing.  WALMART O LINE may be too nice, more like Dollar Store.

Jordan has been horrific since he was gifted the startingtarting LG spot. It isn't just that play. If it was, no one would be saying anything. He has been god awful and was getting killed all game - and so was Burrow, yet the Bengals still were on pace to drop back to pass over 60 times that game.
Reply/Quote
It's not Jordan's fault. He's not the one who set the lineup, stubbornly sticking with what absolutely was NOT working.

Nope, this one's all on Jim Turner and Zac Taylor, and in the bigger picture, the front office for allowing all of this to happen.

What's even more mind boggling is that the team went out and signed Quinton Spain, a proven NFL LG. What do these bozo's do? They keep the terrible player at LG and try Spain out at positions different than what he's best at.

This is on the Brown Family, and their bumbling attempts to manage a team "by committee". They need to accept responsibility, admit their failures, swallow their pride and hire an actual GM.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
    Turner's awesome scheme where Hopkins blocks air, Gio is one on one in the a gap instead of helping out an overmatched MJ all day. He should be tarred and feathered. And how dumb does MJ need to be to twist his guy and drive him into the pocket? He should never play another down here.
Reply/Quote
Fire Jim Turner. Said it all year long.

Guess it’s time to suck for sewell
Reply/Quote