Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The curse of Bo or is it?
Much like the old if tree falls in a forest does it make a sound? I bring to you is there really a curse of Bo haunting us? 1991 the year Bo gets hurt play against Cincy and forever puts a black cloud over our team. I bring you these facts that I heard from the talking heads on the radio.
1991 Bo gets hurt but also 1991 MB takes over ownership of the Bengals. We all know that MB very rarely leaves his owners box as well. While playing the raider MB makes a rare move and comes down o the sideline. A few player later Bo gets his hip destroyed.
2015 we are about to win our first playoff game vs that black and gold team. MB comes down to celebrate with the team and we all know what happened next.
Dec 4th 2017 we are playing that team in black and gold and MB makes another rare sideline visit to show support. Shortly after Shazier breaks his neck.
I am no Shurlock Holmes but Bo may not be the curse. It is MB!!!! Mystery solved!!! I knew all that Scooby Do watching would pay off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 03:02 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Much like the old if tree falls in a forest does it make a sound? I bring to you is there really a curse of Bo haunting us? 1991 the year Bo gets hurt play against Cincy and forever puts a black cloud over our team. I bring you these facts that I heard from the talking heads on the radio.
1991 Bo gets hurt but also 1991 MB takes over ownership of the Bengals. We all know that MB very rarely leaves his owners box as well. While playing the raider MB makes a rare move and comes down o the sideline. A few player later Bo gets his hip destroyed.
2015 we are about to win our first playoff game vs that black and gold team. MB comes down to celebrate with the team and we all know what happened next.
Dec 4th 2017 we are playing that team in black and gold and MB makes another rare sideline visit to show support. Shortly after Shazier breaks his neck.
I am no Shurlock Holmes but Bo may not be the curse. It is MB!!!! Mystery solved!!! I knew all that Scooby Do watching would pay off.

Being stuck with MB as the defacto GM is our downfall for sure.
Reply/Quote
Is this true? I’ve never seen that loghead on the sideline.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 03:02 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Much like the old if tree falls in a forest does it make a sound? I bring to you is there really a curse of Bo haunting us? 1991 the year Bo gets hurt play against Cincy and forever puts a black cloud over our team. I bring you these facts that I heard from the talking heads on the radio.

So where are those darn kids to keep him from getting away with it?
Reply/Quote
1991 is also when the Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak began.

Imagine my surprise when that streak ended only for ours to continue.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 06:21 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Is this true? I’ve never seen that loghead on the sideline.

Yeah. The guys on the radio said he as only ever come down 4 times total since being the owner.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 07:50 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Yeah. The guys on the radio said he as only ever come down 4 times total since being the owner.

The Benny Hill theme music plays as he comes down.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 07:53 PM)jason Wrote: The Benny Hill theme music plays as he comes down.

Don't you DARE sully the good name of that theme song!
Reply/Quote

Shit man, I watched it. The curse IS Son of Paul, and it started with the Christmas Eve Massacre.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/6/5/4396780/the-firing-of-sam-wyche-and-bengals-news-and-notes

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
There's no such thing as curses or luck or ghosts. It's ineptitude mixed with entropy.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 03:57 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: There's no such thing as curses or luck or ghosts. It's ineptitude mixed with entropy.
Have you seen that Annabell movie?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
As someone who is mildly superstitious, I strongly believe this has nothing to do with Bo. It’s all MB. Also, reading Wyches posted article about the resignation letter, what was the outcome? Did Sam get his million bucks? The proof is in the real or nonexistent letter. No letter? Pay the man.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 11:18 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: As someone who is mildly superstitious, I strongly believe this has nothing to do with Bo. It’s all MB. Also, reading Wyches posted article about the resignation letter, what was the outcome? Did Sam get his million bucks? The proof is in the real or nonexistent letter. No letter? Pay the man.

As far as I know, he never got the money. From what I recall, there was a meeting after that season, and Sammy wanted a big say in the drafts, and Mikey didn't want to cede any control. The meeting went off the rails....
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 11:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: As far as I know, he never got the money. From what I recall, there was a meeting after that season, and Sammy wanted a big say in the drafts, and Mikey didn't want to cede any control. The meeting went off the rails....

My understanding was it ended the same way the woman walked out of the video store in Clerks:

Sam: "I'm never working for you again!"

Mike: "You can't quit, because you're fired!"
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 11:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: As far as I know, he never got the money. From what I recall, there was a meeting after that season, and Sammy wanted a big say in the drafts, and Mikey didn't want to cede any control. The meeting went off the rails....

From my recollection, he had made it known he would like more say but what lead to the fired/resigned was that Wyche wanted to wait for the end of the year meeting to go over the season and Brown wanted to do it right away. Wyche said nah, later and Brown basically said, if you walk out the door i'm taking that to mean you quit, Wyche said i'm not quitting but i'm not doing the meeting now and left. 

Brown made the announcement that he had resigned and Wyche claime he didn't, that he was fired. 

EDIT: I must have heard that from somewhere because now i read the meeting actually lasted a couple hours.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 12:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: From my recollection, he had made it known he would like more say but what lead to the fired/resigned was that Wyche wanted to wait for the end of the year meeting to go over the season and Brown wanted to do it right away. Wyche said nah, later and Brown basically said, if you walk out the door i'm taking that to mean you quit, Wyche said i'm not quitting but i'm not doing the meeting now and left. 

Brown made the announcement that he had resigned and Wyche claime he didn't, that he was fired. 

EDIT: I must have heard that from somewhere because now i read the meeting actually lasted a couple hours.

Yeah, I just read a LA Times article on it...and it alluded to Sam wanting more say on running the team. Hindsight says Mikey should've let him, because he went to Tampa and wound up drafting Sapp, Brooks, and Lynch. The cornerstones of the Bucs SB team.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 12:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I just read a LA Times article on it...and it alluded to Sam wanting more say on running the team. Hindsight says Mikey should've let him, because he went to Tampa and wound up drafting Sapp, Brooks, and Lynch. The cornerstones of the Bucs SB team.

Maybe it was Lapham or someone else but i recall hearing that, at some point, it came down to a situation where Wyche wanted to end the meeting (to discuss things later) where as Brown wanted to get er done and that's when Wyche decided he wasn't going to sit around and hash it all out at that time. Brown took that as "i quit" even though that wasn't Sam's intent. My way or the highway stuff. Here's the only thing i could find that points to that.

"I'm not going to get into what was said, but I went into our meeting with every intention of continuing our relationship," Brown told the newspaper. "I thought we'd sit down, talk about things, put some things behind us, and go on into next season. But we had a three-hour meeting, and it turned out it just wasn't going to be, and he left, and it's over."

It wouldn't surprise me at all that Brown would pull something like this but, during that time Wyche had already gone through a lot of controversy and a lot of fans were done with his antics. 
https://www.deseret.com/1991/12/25/18958611/sam-wyche-bengals-part-company

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 12:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Maybe it was Lapham or someone else but i recall hearing that, at some point, it came down to a situation where Wyche wanted to end the meeting (to discuss things later) where as Brown wanted to get er done and that's when Wyche decided he wasn't going to sit around and hash it all out at that time. Brown took that as "i quit" even though that wasn't Sam's intent. My way or the highway stuff. Here's the only thing i could find that points to that.

"I'm not going to get into what was said, but I went into our meeting with every intention of continuing our relationship," Brown told the newspaper. "I thought we'd sit down, talk about things, put some things behind us, and go on into next season. But we had a three-hour meeting, and it turned out it just wasn't going to be, and he left, and it's over."

It wouldn't surprise me at all that Brown would pull something like this but, during that time Wyche had already gone through a lot of controversy and a lot of fans were done with his antics. 
https://www.deseret.com/1991/12/25/18958611/sam-wyche-bengals-part-company

Yes, I remember the locker room reporter stuff, and him lambasting the officiating. Seems he even went out on the field after a ref once....he musta been watching Lou Pinellas highlights around that time. LOL

Reply/Quote
I believe Mike had no intentions of letting Sam interfere with his playing with his new shiny toy as he saw fit. In other words Mike was looking for any excuse to rid himself of Sam, any way out.

Well it hasn't quite worked out for him yet  Shocked
Reply/Quote