Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Jordan pff grade 23
(11-23-2020, 01:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I mean, it's not like he was the worst starter on the OL last year and the team had no intention of replacing him in the offseason...oh wait...

This team needs to stop drafting Ohio State OL. Not many in the last decade are having much success in the NFL from that school.....some but not many.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Adeniji 63.7 overall (best to date), passpro 59.8, run block 75.3 (best by far). 
Jonah 58.8 overall, pass 75.7, run 36.9
Spain 53.8 overall, pass 40, run 69.7
Hopkins 64.9 overall, pass 50.4, run 71

That run blocking grade for Jonah is disheartening.

I’m going to go watch some clips of Sewell mauling dudes...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d rather have Matt Minich coaching this team than ZT. Dude knows his stuff.

I watch him and Anthony Cosenza religiously..
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:52 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: It is just crazy that all of us on the boards and everyone in the media knew the Bengals were going to get Joe killed.  We also all knew, as did PFF, that MJ is a liability.  How stupid are Zac and Turner to put a liability in a spot where the plant knee is most vulnerable.  Same position that got Carson injured, although Steinbach was typically very good.  gee, let's keep a liability on ice skates protecting the direct shot at Joe's plant knee in the pocket.

To be clear, Steinbach released Kimo because the ball was out and Kimo lunged at his knee.  Even pulled the lower half of the leg as he hit the knee.  Then threw an arbitrary arm up to make it look like he was blocked in to him.  No flag.  Still pisses me off.  I have issues. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Adeniji 63.7 overall (best to date), passpro 59.8, run block 75.3 (best by far). 
Jonah 58.8 overall, pass 75.7, run 36.9
Spain 53.8 overall, pass 40, run 69.7
Hopkins 64.9 overall, pass 50.4, run 71

This actually summarizes what we have been saying, even before Adeniji started.  With Jonah in there...heck, even with Fred Johnson in there, and Bobby Hart, the tackles have played well.  The guards have been awful.  That Spain pass grade is surprising.  Hopkins is solid.

Everyone wants Sewell and maybe he will be the best player available (and trade offers aren't crazy good), but I would consider going with a stud CB or DE and getting a G in the top of Rd 2 as the tackle play with Hart and Jonah is pretty good, but the guard play has been awful.  We keep saying it (so it probably won't happen) but if the Bengals want to sell tickets (hopefully next year that matters, and they supposedly do care) signing Joe Thuney, a young guy in his prime from the area that is the best at his position, would go a long way.  

Should that happen, XSF or Spain should be the LG next year.  They don't have to get rid of MJ (and I am not acting out of emotion of the hit) because they like his upside so much with his young age, but he has no business being the starter on a contending team.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: To be clear, Steinbach released Kimo because the ball was out and Kimo lunged at his knee.  Even pulled the lower half of the leg as he hit the knee.  Then threw an arbitrary arm up to make it look like he was blocked in to him.  No flag.  Still pisses me off.  I have issues. 

I know, however Steinbach gave up too early on the play.  Never stop blocking if your guy is still rushing, even if the ball is gone.  That was all literally Steinbach's fault 
Reply/Quote
The grade starts at 20 for just showing up Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This actually summarizes what we have been saying, even before Adeniji started.  With Jonah in there...heck, even with Fred Johnson in there, and Bobby Hart, the tackles have played well.  The guards have been awful.  That Spain pass grade is surprising.  Hopkins is solid.

Everyone wants Sewell and maybe he will be the best player available (and trade offers aren't crazy good), but I would consider going with a stud CB or DE and getting a G in the top of Rd 2 as the tackle play with Hart and Jonah is pretty good, but the guard play has been awful.  We keep saying it (so it probably won't happen) but if the Bengals want to sell tickets (hopefully next year that matters, and they supposedly do care) signing Joe Thuney, a young guy in his prime from the area that is the best at his position, would go a long way.  

Should that happen, XSF or Spain should be the LG next year.  They don't have to get rid of MJ (and I am not acting out of emotion of the hit) because they like his upside so much with his young age, but he has no business being the starter on a contending team.  

How long did we read posts on this board about what an absolute piece of trash Hart was at RT, and that the coaches were idiots when they played him and said he was improving. Guess what....
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This actually summarizes what we have been saying, even before Adeniji started.  With Jonah in there...heck, even with Fred Johnson in there, and Bobby Hart, the tackles have played well.  The guards have been awful.  That Spain pass grade is surprising.  Hopkins is solid.

There is no DE worth taking 3rd overall. Not even close. And I disagree the OT’s have played well. Jonah is really good in pass protection, but can’t run block worth shit. Hart the opposite. Sewell is elite at both. Especially run blocking. Kid is an absolute mauler. He just straight up abuses guys out there. Half his highlights look like a man against boys. And we shouldn’t settle for Bobby Hart as the future just because he’s not as bad as he was a couple years ago. Let’s aim higher than that.

Also, I’d love to sign Thuney (I even made a thread about it) but a OG being from the area is not going to help sell tickets. Anyone that follows the game close enough to know who the OG’s are already go to games. QB’s, WR’s, RB’s and the flashy positions sell tickets for the casual fans.

Reply/Quote
Should have drafted LeBron! Hilarious I'll be here all week folks remember to tip the waitresses!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:10 AM)GodFather Wrote: The grade starts at 20 for just showing up Ninja

Wow, and Price scored an 18.... Shocked

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wow, and Price scored an 18.... Shocked

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How long did we read posts on this board about what an absolute piece of trash Hart was at RT, and that the coaches were idiots when they played him and said he was improving. Guess what....

Are you going to wait the five years that it took Hart for the light to come on?  Better start stockpiling QBs.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There is no DE worth taking 3rd overall. Not even close. And I disagree the OT’s have played well. Jonah is really good in pass protection, but can’t run block worth shit. Hart the opposite. Sewell is elite at both. Especially run blocking. Kid is an absolute mauler. He just straight up abuses guys out there. Half his highlights look like a man against boys. And we shouldn’t settle for Bobby Hart as the future just because he’s not as bad as he was a couple years ago. Let’s aim higher than that.

Also, I’d love to sign Thuney (I even made a thread about it) but a OG being from the area is not going to help sell tickets. Anyone that follows the game close enough to know who the OG’s are already go to games. QB’s, WR’s, RB’s and the flashy positions sell tickets for the casual fans.

I'm sorry but you simply can't say that because he is doing it in college (and how many stud DEs is he facing in the Pac12?).  You have no idea how he will translate to the NFL.  I like him, but you can look back at the last 5 drafts and see how many first round OTs have been grading better than Jonah and Hart.  The list won't be very long.  It seems that colleges are not teaching the same style of blocking because the ball is out so quickly and they hardly do any running of the ball. 

As far as Thuney selling tickets goes, I think Bengals fans all think the same thing (and even more so now):  Fix the damn offensive line.  They all know it.  My mother knows it.  And Thuney is a pretty highly celebrated player.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 02:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm sorry but you simply can't say that because he is doing it in college (and how many stud DEs is he facing in the Pac12?).  You have no idea how he will translate to the NFL.  I like him, but you can look back at the last 5 drafts and see how many first round OTs have been grading better than Jonah and Hart.  The list won't be very long.  It seems that colleges are not teaching the same style of blocking because the ball is out so quickly and they hardly do any running of the ball. 

As far as Thuney selling tickets goes, I think Bengals fans all think the same thing (and even more so now):  Fix the damn offensive line.  They all know it.  My mother knows it.  And Thuney is a pretty highly celebrated player.  

That’s a concern with every single player. I’m just going off what the kid has put on tape. I see no reason why it wouldn’t translate to the next level in his case.

As for weak competition in the PAC 12? Here’s every snap against Auburn (who had #7 overall pick Derrick Brown and 2nd round pick Marlon Davidson). He played very well against one of top DL’s in the country.

https://youtu.be/ep9_ecK_HKw

Reply/Quote
Anybody else catch the Michael Jordan 23?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:10 AM)GodFather Wrote: The grade starts at 20 for just showing up Ninja

lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
If the belief from the beginning was, Jordan needed to take his lumps this year, get the experience needed no matter what, now is not the time to bench him. Now it doesn’t matter if he struggles.

I was calling for a line with Spain and XSF at OG, to have the most experienced guys protecting Burrow. If they plan on giving Jordan a shot at LG again next season, they should keep starting him.
Reply/Quote
Hearing that Quinton Spain will start this next game. He was getting reps at LG over Jordan, so the assumption is Spain will start at LG with Redmond at RG.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2020, 07:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hearing that Quinton Spain will start this next game. He was getting reps at LG over Jordan, so the assumption is Spain will start at LG with Redmond at RG.

This is like getting insurance after you totaled your car...

Reply/Quote