Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Lombardi's Take on Zac Taylor (Homers Beware)
(02-20-2019, 03:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not dodging it. How much power will a QB Coach, WR Coach, or Special Teams coach that's been here for nearly 2 decades have? Are they going to be structuring practices? Are they going to be creating playbooks? They're not bad coaches, I just doubt they have a high level view of how to run a football operation. They're more position specific.

I think their power is insignificant. HC, OC, and DC will be the guys calling the shots.

Plus, we had those guys last year and our offense was pretty terrible.

I do think there's more to Pollack leaving than has been written about.

Well, we don't yet....but the offense was pretty good until the injuries derailed it.  Boyd broke out, Ross at least contributed, so that seems to point at Bicknell being a pretty good WR coach.  He's been good elsewhere.  Dalton looked great under duress and in pressure situations, hence the 4th quarter comebacks.  I like to think that Van Pelt's approach to coaching him led to those improvements.  Aaron Rodgers wasn't very happy to see him leave, so that's an endorsement.  Simmons' special teams are always solid, and looked good last season.

When you have a group of forward thinkers, everyone's input is valuable.  So, I see Zac and Brian consulting with them and not just seeing them as subordinates.  At least that's what the man himself said in his interviews.  Good position coaches make good coordinators.

Then there is the defense, which is certainly a concern, no question about it.  We now know that even Taylor did not know he was the HC here until the day after the Super Bowl.  We got a late start.  Seems that maybe Del Rio was on the FOs radar, but Taylor felt he wasn't the fit.  Now there is a bit of scrambling.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote