Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Is Coming In For A Visit On Monday!
Joe Danneman Tweeted out that Mayer is visiting us on Monday!

I hope there's something about him coming to visit this close to the draft that means we're set on taking him or at least that he's high on our list!

Keep him in Cinci while we win our first title so he becomes even more of a hometown hero!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
I would love this pick at 28. Just can’t see him falling that far, but I’m not a draft genius.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 07:15 PM)Danimal Wrote: I would love this pick at 28. Just can’t see him falling that far, but I’m not a draft genius.

With Kincaid and Washington also draft prospects, I could see teams going with one of them since they fit the newer age model of a tight end, but I think Mayer fits our offense better.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 08:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: With Kincaid and Washington also draft prospects, I could see teams going with one of them since they fit the newer age model of a tight end, but I think Mayer fits our offense better.

Kincaid is a terrible blocker period. I think Mayer is a very safe selection but I also believe what you see is what you get and that he has peaked athletically. He won't get bigger or faster than he is. Washington is a guy that is only beginning to realize the threat that he can be for an offense. There is a ton of growth that can be expected to be seen of him as a receiver because you can tell when he is used as a receiver that he is just a natural pass catcher and arguably the best blocking TE in the draft. Add this blocking and catch ability his freak athleticism and you got a really high ceiling.
Reply/Quote
Meh. Much rather have a premium position at 28, such as CB, DE, OT, than any TE. Why spend a 1st on Mayer when you could get a stud in 1 and someone like Schoonmaker from Michigan in the 4th. NFL.com doesn't rate Mayer much higher than Schoonmaker either. (6.44 to 6.36).

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Chatted with Michael tonight and he said he’d be pumped about catching balls from Burrow!

But the word is that someone else will take him before us if he’s there.
Reply/Quote
There are only 4 players that the Bengals met with at the combine and then brought them in for a meeting at Paycor. Those four players are Dalton Kincaid, Michael Mayer, Emmanuel Forbes and Ivan Pace Jr.

I think, at this point, our first round pick is likely to be one of those first three (Pace isn't a first round talent, but I wouldn't be surprised if we snag him if he's still on the board in the 5th/6th round. Our entire LB core except Pratt are free agents after 2023.)
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 12:50 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There are only 4 players that the Bengals met with at the combine and then brought them in for a meeting at Paycor. Those four players are Dalton Kincaid, Michael Mayer, Emmanuel Forbes and Ivan Pace Jr.

I think, at this point, our first round pick is likely to be one of those first three (Pace isn't a first round talent, but I wouldn't be surprised if we snag him if he's still on the board in the 5th/6th round. Our entire LB core except Pratt are free agents after 2023.)

Of those three I sure hope it is Forbes but only after they have traded back to make the selection. These visits just as well could be a smoke screen as there is no way they only have three players targeted with the 28th selection. They must also account for players slipping due to panic runs at certain positions or teams passing on players they may not feel fit their system.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 12:08 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Chatted with Michael tonight and he said he’d be pumped about catching balls from Burrow!

If he gets by Dallas, I think we have a chance if that's who the front office wants to pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 01:54 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: If he gets by Dallas, I think we have a chance if that's who the front office wants to pick.

SB Nation posted a mock yesterday that has Seattle taking him at 20, which is the first time I've seen them taking him.

I've also seen the Packers taking him in a few mocks but, yes, I agree with you that Dallas is more likely to take him before us.

Still holding out hope that he'll fall to us at 28!

[Image: 341617607_553971853531352_90967709220835...e=644125BB]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 10:01 PM)Burma Wrote: Meh.  Much rather have a premium position at 28, such as CB, DE, OT, than any TE.  Why spend a 1st on Mayer when you could get a stud in 1 and someone like Schoonmaker from Michigan in the 4th. NFL.com doesn't rate Mayer much higher than Schoonmaker either.  (6.44 to 6.36).

Im with you on this one.  I would much rather have someone on the D-line that can get to the QB or a RT that can protect the QB than a TE.  I just dont see the value in taking a TE that high especially with all the other weapons on offense and how the TE will be used.

If you want to look in to the needs of this team and how we can improve, the reason we lost to KC was because we didnt have enough quality O-linemen/depth and because we had trouble getting to the QB on defense.  Mahomes had way too much time to make plays and he made them.  We will face KC again so we better do a better job getting to him and other QBs.  Right now we dont have enough players on the D-line that can get to the QB.  TE wasnt the problem last year even when we were without both our #1 and #2 TEs so Im not sure why people keep pushing for the TEs when the team would be better served drafting other positions like Dline and Oline.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 12:08 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Chatted with Michael tonight and he said he’d be pumped about catching balls from Burrow!

Think Det will grab him before us. Sad
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 10:01 PM)Burma Wrote: Meh. Much rather have a premium position at 28, such as CB, DE, OT, than any TE. Why spend a 1st on Mayer when you could get a stud in 1 and someone like Schoonmaker from Michigan in the 4th. NFL.com doesn't rate Mayer much higher than Schoonmaker either. (6.44 to 6.36).

I agree 100%. Any TE we have will be at best 3rd option behind Tee and Chase. Add in run plays, and passes to Boyd, that leaves about 5-8 targets a game. Why use pick 28 on that? I’d even take a LB at pick 28 over TE. I’m fine with a TE in rounds 2 and on, just not at the premium round 1 pick. And No Drew Sample. Man that picked still burns me.
Reply/Quote