Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Oher alleges adoption was a scam?
I'm not sure what to make of this:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38190720/blind-side-subject-michael-oher-alleges-adoption-was-lie-family-took-all-film-proceeds

So I guess the real story here is along the lines of Britney Spears and the Tuhoy's (allegedly) took the conservator approach and profited off of it.

It's gonna be really hard to make me angry at Tim McGraw and Sandra Bullock over this but I guess it's possible....

Seriously though, exploitation is probably more common than we realize with professional athletes so I hope this isn't true and just a huge misunderstanding.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 11:31 PM)basballguy Wrote: I'm not sure what to make of this:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38190720/blind-side-subject-michael-oher-alleges-adoption-was-lie-family-took-all-film-proceeds

So I guess the real story here is along the lines of Britney Spears and the Tuhoy's (allegedly) took the conservator approach and profited off of it.  

It's gonna be really hard to make me angry at Tim McGraw and Sandra Bullock over this but I guess it's possible....

Seriously though, exploitation is probably more common than we realize with professional athletes so I hope this isn't true and just a huge misunderstanding.

He tried to extort them for 16 million before coming out with this story. He likely ran through all his NFL money, and now is looking for another handout.
Reply/Quote
There are at least 2 sides to every story, and the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Conservatorships are (maybe can be would be better phrasing) extremely shady IMO. Why a conservatorship for a 37 year old, with $30+ million in career earnings with (to my knowledge) no significant mental disability is still in place immediately raises eyebrows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 01:39 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: There are at least 2 sides to every story, and the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Conservatorships are (maybe can be would be better phrasing) extremely shady IMO. Why a conservatorship for a 37 year old, with $30+ million in career earnings with (to my knowledge) no significant mental disability is still in place immediately raises eyebrows.

They got the conservatorship before he went to college. He's never asked for it to be dissolved. He got the same amount from the movie all the other families got, and the family paid his taxes on it. Someone has poisoned his mind.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 10:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He tried to extort them for 16 million before coming out with this story. He likely ran through all his NFL money, and now is looking for another handout.

(08-22-2023, 01:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They got the conservatorship before he went to college. He's never asked for it to be dissolved. He got the same amount from the movie all the other families got, and the family paid his taxes on it. Someone has poisoned his mind.

Sad, I actually liked the movie Blindside so this is even sadder lmao...
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 07:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sad, I actually liked the movie Blindside so this is even sadder lmao...

Perhaps now we can get the Blind Side 2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote