Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Michael Thomas now a Raven
(12-24-2022, 11:28 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Omaha meant the same thing every game - it was an indicator that Manning used to tell his linemen "the play has changed, the clock is low and we need to snap it right now." You might be thinking of what Peyton said in 2014...

This was a joke, and he explained the actual meaning of it after he retired. Source.

I understand how it works lol What I'm saying is him saying Omaha isn't giving the play away just like other terminology doesn't tell the defense what the play is because it changes game to game. 

So yes, Omaha always meant the play changed and clock was low but what the play was changed to was different. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 11:41 AM)TheFan Wrote: I understand how it works lol What I'm saying is him saying Omaha isn't giving the play away just like other terminology doesn't tell the defense what the play is because it changes game to game. 

So yes, Omaha always meant the play changed and clock was low but what the play was changed to was different. 

Ah, you worded that a little unclearly by saying Omaha "meant something different each game". It didn't. I'm failing to see why "Omaha" is even relevant here, to be honest. Omaha isn't much different than Burrow/Brees/any other QB shouting "Kill Kill". Of course they don't know what the play is lol. They are both indicator words for switching to the second play. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 11:47 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ah, you worded that a little unclearly by saying Omaha "meant something different each game". It didn't. I'm failing to see why "Omaha" is even relevant here, to be honest. Omaha isn't much different than Burrow/Brees/any other QB shouting "Kill Kill". Of course they don't know what the play is lol. They are both indicator words for switching to the second play. 

Because someone was talking about terminology and what Intel the Ravens may be trying to get from Michael Thomas. 

They indicated worry that players would get confused about changes and I was pointing out that it changes every game anyways. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 08:44 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I've always wondered just how much of an impact a former player has in 'giving away offense/defensive intel' when you are about to play said team.

Do you think that's the reason they plucked him from our PS?

(He ended up on their PS BTW)

There's definitely something to that, but I hope he plays and makes weak attempts at receptions, fumbles, or just sucks overall.  In other words, play like he did here. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 11:53 AM)TheFan Wrote: Because someone was talking about terminology and what Intel the Ravens may be trying to get from Michael Thomas. 

They indicated worry that players would get confused about changes and I was pointing out that it changes every game anyways. 

Okay, I get that. 

I just think referencing "Omaha" is a confusing example of trying to prove that point because it didn't change every game. It never changed. It meant the same thing - to go to the second play and snap the ball quickly. You claim to have already known this as well, which makes it even more confusing. 

Anyways, I would be mildly surprised if terminology is changing on a week-by-week basis. I don't have any insider knowledge there, but everything that I have seen/read/watched leads me to believe that it is pretty consistent. I don't think Thomas can provide much, though. A lot of NFL offenses are very similar when you get into the playbook. They are doing a lot of the same stuff. I would agree that he probably can't provide much value. 
Reply/Quote
The newest Brown stain is Jake Paul lmfao. Love to see that guy on the end of a Perine stiff arm or watch Vonn Bell run him over. But it is just a public relation stunt.
Reply/Quote
we can design a new play and call it Michael Thomas.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 12:02 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: The newest Brown stain is Jake Paul lmfao. Love to see that guy on the end of a Perine stiff arm or watch Vonn Bell run him over. But it is just a public relation stunt.

He did actually get signed by the team, but is joining their social media department. He'll probably be seen in some of their social media content through the end of the season is my guess. 
Reply/Quote