Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michele Bachmann: I'm advising Trump on foreign policy
(08-25-2016, 12:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Now, you're just being deliberately obtuse. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orlando-nightclub-massacre/why-won-t-obama-say-radical-islam-n591196

I guess Obama's wrong about ... himself? Shocked

You just posted a link to Obama discussing an issue you said he never discussed.

Hilarious
(08-25-2016, 11:38 AM)PhilHos Wrote: And as if we didn't already have enough proof that you have horrible reading comprehension skills, you continue to add to the plethora of evidence.

Ahem:

usually, adverb, meaning under normal conditions, generally, habitually, BUT NOT ALWAYS

I'm laughing because take your last statement and that is YOU when it comes to Hillary Clinton.

For the record:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/said-obama-vs-bush-islam/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/01/17/dem_congresswoman_obama_refuses_to_recognize_radical_islam_is_our_enemy.html

I guess the fine folks at PBS and Democrat Representative Gabbard must also be gulping down that right-wing propaganda that's force fed to them, too?

I've noticed the people who are upset Obama doesn't use the term "radical Islam" are the same people who are quick to point out radical Christians like the Westboro Baptists aren't really Christians. If radical Christians aren't Christians then radical Islamists aren't Muslims. 

As Congresswoman Gabbard pointed out, this is also an ideological war as well. Unfortunately, she isn't smart enough to understand not using the term "radical Islam" is part of that ideological war. If radical Islam is the enemy, why did we invade Iraq and why isn't she pissed about the more than 4000 service members killed in Iraq?
(08-25-2016, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You just posted a link to Obama discussing an issue you said he never discussed.

Hilarious

You seriously need to expand your vocabulary.

Starting with HYPERBOLE.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole

Then maybe move on to USUALLY 
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/usually?s=t
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-25-2016, 01:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I've noticed the people who are upset Obama doesn't use the term "radical Islam" are the same people who are quick to point out radical Christians like the Westboro Baptists aren't really Christians. If radical Christians aren't Christians then radical Islamists aren't Muslims. 

I can't say I disagree, as long as you recognize that it's not everyone that uses those terms.
(08-26-2016, 01:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You seriously need to expand your vocabulary.

Starting with HYPERBOLE.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole

Then maybe move on to USUALLY 
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/usually?s=t

I know the definitions of these words.

The problem is that when you use these words the definitions do not apply.

Do you know the definition of "never" or "refuses"?
(08-22-2016, 11:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly.  The problem with "radical Islam" is not the "Islam".  It is the "radical".  Most people agree that radical Christians like the KKK, abortion clinic bombers, and Westboro Baptist Church are also evil.

But for some reason when Obama makes this point about "radical Islam" he is called stupid or naive.

(08-23-2016, 11:46 AM)PhilHos Wrote: It's probably because he usually does it when he should be talking more about the "radical" part of "radical Islam" instead of Christianity or any other religion not associated with "radical ISLAM".

Based on the generally accepted rules of grammar when you use "it" in this sentence you are referring to Obama making the point that the problem is with "radical Islam" instead of "Islam".

So this ends up sounding like gibberish to me.

It's probably because he usually makes the point that the problem is with "radical Islam" instead of "Islam" when he should be talking more about the "radical" part of "radical Islam" instead of Christianity or any other religion not associated with "radical ISLAM".

Please explain how he can make the point that the problem is with "radical Islam" instead of "Islam" without talking about radical Islam.  What does any of that have to do with Christianity or any other religion?
(08-26-2016, 05:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on the generally accepted rules of grammar when you use "it" in this sentence you are referring to Obama making the point that the problem is with "radical Islam" instead of "Islam".

So this ends up sounding like gibberish to me.

It's probably because he usually makes the point that the problem is with "radical Islam" instead of "Islam" when he should be talking more about the "radical" part of "radical Islam" instead of Christianity or any other religion not associated with "radical ISLAM".

Alright, fred, enough. You've convinced me long ago that you have a problem with reading comprehension. No need to continually display it.

Allow me to reword my point to a lower level reading comprehension so as to accommodate you as best I can.

What I CLEARLY said was that, usually, when Obama does actually talk about "radical Islam", instead of focusing on the extremism of the radical Islamist, he instead discusses other religions instead like Christianity. 

Now, I won't be surprised if you disagree with that point, but I am surprised that you couldn't understand that that's what I was saying. I always thought you were smarter than this. Guess I was wrong.
(08-31-2016, 12:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What I CLEARLY said was that, usually, when Obama does actually talk about "radical Islam", instead of focusing on the extremism of the radical Islamist, he instead discusses other religions instead like Christianity. 

Now, I won't be surprised if you disagree with that point, but I am surprised that you couldn't understand that that's what I was saying. I always thought you were smarter than this. Guess I was wrong.

I did n ot understand it because it made no sense.  I have never heard Obama talk about Christianity when discussing Radical Islam and neither have you.  This is just something you made up out of thin air.

Perhaps I would understand your comments better if they had any connection with reality.
Come on guys. Lets get back on topic. How awesome and intelligent will Trumps advisors be? Bachmann and Palin side by side feeding Trump knowledge. The man already knows more about ISIS than the generals. With Bachmann and Palin filling him in on everything else how could you be scared?
As good a place as any for this:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/07/politics/mark-hertling-trump-30-day-isis-plan/

Quote:Retired general calls Trump's 30-day ISIS order 'sophomoric'

A retired army general is slamming Donald Trump's remarks that as President he will ask the US military to come up with a plan within one month to defeat ISIS.

"I had to ask myself, what the hell does he think we've been trying to do for the last 14 years in terms of al Qaeda?" Retired Army Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling told Anderson Cooper on AC360 on Tuesday.

At a rally in Greenville, North Carolina, Trump said that on day one of his presidency, he would convene his top generals and give what he called a "simple instruction" to in 30 days submit to the Oval Office "a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS."

Trump, Clinton open campaign season sparring on national securit
y

The former commanding general decried Trump, calling his orders "simplistic" and insulting to individuals working to defeat ISIS.

"It shows a complete lack of understanding of the threat and the ways to fight it," Hertling said. "It's a sophomoric approach to elements of national security policy because if he's just calling in the military, he's missing the point that there are several other elements of national security that will help defeat ISIS."

Hertling argued that the US has made some good advances against ISIS.

Democrats have highlighted statements Trump has made about military leaders in the past, most notably criticizing him for saying in November 2015, "I know more about ISIS than the generals do, believe me." Hillary Clinton brought up the line in July, saying, "No, Donald, you don't."

Trump's comments came on the same day his campaign released a letter signed by 88 retired military leaders endorsing his presidential candidacy, including four four-star generals and 14 three-star flag officers.

88 former military leaders write letter backing Donald Trump for President

Hertling said he was surprised by the letter praising Trump.

"I didn't recognize many of those names as being there in the fight with me over the last 16 years," Hertling said. "There aren't a whole lot of names in the fight against al Qaeda or several of the other forces."

He said most of the names on the list are Navy admirals who were not on the ground during the war against terror.

Hertling 
served in the Army for 37years.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-21-2016, 10:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Was Palin getting a family member out of jail or babysitting?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/292126-michele-bachmann-donald-trump-foreign-policy

I wouldn't let my worst female enemy take advice from Bachmann on something as elementary as applying makeup or inserting a tampon. I hope to God she is never in the room when a decision involving anything beyond her own welfare is being made.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.