Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michele Bachmann: I'm advising Trump on foreign policy
Was Palin getting a family member out of jail or babysitting?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/292126-michele-bachmann-donald-trump-foreign-policy

Quote:Tea Party firebrand Michele Bachmann says she is advising Republican presidential nomineeDonald Trump on foreign policy. 

The former Minnesota congresswoman attended a fundraiser in the state for Trump on Saturday, where she revealed to the press that she has his ear on foreign policy. 
“He also recognizes there is a threat around the world, not just here in Minnesota, of radical Islam,” she said, according to MPR News. “I wish our President Obama also understood the threat of radical Islam and took it seriously.” 

“He’s a common-sense guy, not into political correctness,” Bachmann added, according to the Star Tribune

Bachmann is already part of Trump’s Evangelical Advisory Board, providing “support” to Trump on “issues important to Evangelicals and other people of faith in America.”

Bachmann, who has yet to officially endorse Trump, launched an unsuccessful presidential bid in 2012. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I'm with her. I wish Obama understood that radical Islam wasn't just a threat in Minnesota.

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Quote:“He also recognizes there is a threat around the world, not just here in Minnesota, of radical Islam,” she said, according to MPR News. “I wish our President Obama also understood the threat of radical Islam and took it seriously.” 

“He’s a common-sense guy, not into political correctness,” Bachmann added, according to the Star Tribune.

Bachmann is already part of Trump’s Evangelical Advisory Board, providing “support” to Trump on “issues important to Evangelicals and other people of faith in America.”

Michelle, Michelle, Michelle . . . radical Islamists are people of faith. They believe what they believe because they believe it and nothing you say will dissuade them or the guy in charge of The Creation Museum in Kentucky from their faith. Look where that's got us.
(08-22-2016, 12:15 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Michelle, Michelle, Michelle . . . radical Islamists are people of faith. Look where that's got us.

That's not faith, that's just crazy evil.  Faith is what white people have in Jesus.  Anything else is dangerous cultism that is neither faith, nor religion, nor even remotely likely to be true.
(08-22-2016, 12:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's not faith, that's just crazy evil.  Faith is what white people have in Jesus.  Anything else is dangerous cultism that is neither faith, nor religion, nor even remotely likely to be true.

Most religious people have respect for other religions.  It's the part when people of a religion start killing other people as a part of their faith that it gets called evil.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Bachman was going to solve the "homosexual problem" through conversion therapy. Maybe she will do the same for Muslims.
(08-22-2016, 11:20 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Most religious people have respect for other religions.  It's the part when people of a religion start killing other people as a part of their faith that it gets called evil.  

Exactly.  The problem with "radical Islam" is not the "Islam".  It is the "radical".  Most people agree that radical Christians like the KKK, abortion clinic bombers, and Westboro Baptist Church are also evil.

But for some reason when Obama makes this point about "radical Islam" he is called stupid or naive.

There are many more radical Muslims in the world right now, but that does not mean Islam is evil.  Back in the 80's most of the terror activity was Christians killing each other in Northern Ireland, but that does not mean Christianity is evil. 
(08-22-2016, 12:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's not faith, that's just crazy evil.  Faith is what white people have in Jesus.  Anything else is dangerous cultism that is neither faith, nor religion, nor even remotely likely to be true.

2 of your 3 statements are correct.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-22-2016, 11:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly.  The problem with "radical Islam" is not the "Islam".  It is the "radical".  Most people agree that radical Christians like the KKK, abortion clinic bombers, and Westboro Baptist Church are also evil.

But for some reason when Obama makes this point about "radical Islam" he is called stupid or naive.

It's probably because he usually does it when he should be talking more about the "radical" part of "radical Islam" instead of Christianity or any other religion not associated with "radical ISLAM".
(08-23-2016, 11:46 AM)PhilHos Wrote: It's probably because he usually does it when he should be talking more about the "radical" part of "radical Islam" instead of Christianity or any other religion not associated with "radical ISLAM".

What does this even mean.

Clearly you have never heard Obama talk about radical Islam.  You just believe what the echo chamber tells you he says instead of finding out for your self.
(08-23-2016, 10:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What does this even mean.

Oh, I'm sorry. Is English not your strong suit?

How about Spanish? 
"Es probablemente debido a que por lo general lo hace cuando debería estar hablando más sobre la parte "radical " del "Islam radical " en lugar del cristianismo o cualquier otra religión no asociado con el "Islam radical" ."

fredtoast Wrote:Clearly you have never heard Obama talk about radical Islam.  

No, I have not. Probably because Obama never talks about it. He refuses to even use the phrase "radical Islam" because it's a "political distraction." I HAVE heard him talk about Islam though and usually it's to defend it as a whole.

fredtoast Wrote: You just believe what the echo chamber tells you he says instead of finding out for your self.

Nope, but the fact that you keep using this as an insult suggests to me that you're doing a little bit of what psychologists call "projecting". 

I do find this statement funny considering it's coming from a Hillary supporter. You believe what a proven liar says and then have the audacity to call out others for what you THINK they believe is just hilarious.
(08-24-2016, 12:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, I have not. Probably because Obama never talks about it. He refuses to even use the phrase "radical Islam" because it's a "political distraction." 

Sometimes you are just too easy Phil.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/06/14/president-obamas-remarks-after-national-security-council-meeting-on-islamic-state/

Since before I was president, I've been clear about how extremist groups have perverted Islam to justify terrorism. As president, I have called on our Muslim friends and allies at home and around the world to work with us to reject this twisted interpretation of one of the world's great religions.

There has not been a moment in my seven and a half years as president where we have not able to pursue a strategy because we didn't use the label "radical Islam." Not once has an adviser of mine said, "Man, if we really use that phrase, we're going to turn this whole thing around." Not once.

So if someone seriously thinks that we don't know who we're fighting, if there is anyone out there who thinks we're confused about who our enemies are -- that would come as a surprise to the thousands of terrorists who we've taken off the battlefield.

You know nothing about what is really happening.  Instead you just close your eyes and gulp down whatever right-wing propaganda  os fed to you.  It is almost like you do not even want to know the truth.
(08-24-2016, 10:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sometimes you are just too easy Phil.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/06/14/president-obamas-remarks-after-national-security-council-meeting-on-islamic-state/

Since before I was president, I've been clear about how extremist groups have perverted Islam to justify terrorism. As president, I have called on our Muslim friends and allies at home and around the world to work with us to reject this twisted interpretation of one of the world's great religions.

There has not been a moment in my seven and a half years as president where we have not able to pursue a strategy because we didn't use the label "radical Islam." Not once has an adviser of mine said, "Man, if we really use that phrase, we're going to turn this whole thing around." Not once.

So if someone seriously thinks that we don't know who we're fighting, if there is anyone out there who thinks we're confused about who our enemies are -- that would come as a surprise to the thousands of terrorists who we've taken off the battlefield.

You know nothing about what is really happening.  Instead you just close your eyes and gulp down whatever right-wing propaganda  os fed to you.  It is almost like you do not even want to know the truth.

And as if we didn't already have enough proof that you have horrible reading comprehension skills, you continue to add to the plethora of evidence.

Ahem:

(08-24-2016, 12:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I HAVE heard him talk about Islam though and usually it's to defend it as a whole.

usually, adverb, meaning under normal conditions, generally, habitually, BUT NOT ALWAYS

I'm laughing because take your last statement and that is YOU when it comes to Hillary Clinton.

For the record:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/said-obama-vs-bush-islam/
Quote:The problem for this White House can be that President Obama sometimes seems to be reacting to critics and winds up coming across as defensive, passive or even politically correct, irking even some Democrats. His lack of definitiveness can leave room for others to more succinctly capture a message that’s more easily translated. The irony, by the way, in President Obama’s attempt not to inflame Muslims in the United States is that many in Muslim communities are upset with the administration’s initiatives to more closely monitor and work with leaders in those communities to identify potential extremism in this country.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/01/17/dem_congresswoman_obama_refuses_to_recognize_radical_islam_is_our_enemy.html
Quote:REP. TULSI GABBARD (D-HI), IRAQ WAR VETERAN: Well, it sickens me, Wolf, you know. Like so many other people who I served with and service members who served both in Iraq and in other places, unfortunately, we lost friends there who paid that ultimate price.
Quote:And what is so frustrating now as we look at the situation there, our administration refuses to recognize who our enemy is. And unless and until that happens, then it's impossible to come up with a strategy to defeat that enemy. 

We have to recognize that this is about radical Islam.

I guess the fine folks at PBS and Democrat Representative Gabbard must also be gulping down that right-wing propaganda that's force fed to them, too?
(08-25-2016, 11:38 AM)PhilHos Wrote: And as if we didn't already have enough proof that you have horrible reading comprehension skills, you continue to add to the plethora of evidence.

Ahem:

usually, adverb, meaning under normal conditions, generally, habitually, BUT NOT ALWAYS

Ahem

(08-24-2016, 12:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, I have not. Probably because Obama never talks about it. He refuses to even use the phrase "radical Islam" because it's a "political distraction."
(08-25-2016, 11:38 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I guess the fine folks at PBS and Democrat Representative Gabbard must also be gulping down that right-wing propaganda that's force fed to them, too?

I guess so.

I just posted a link that proves they are 100% wrong.  

Just like you.

Posting links to other people who are wrong does not change the fact that you are wrong.
(08-25-2016, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ahem

Rolleyes CLEARLY, I was being hyperbolic as evidenced by the statement I made when I said: I HAVE heard him talk about Islam though and usually it's to defend it as a whole.

So, I'm sorry that I'm a more nuanced poster that is capable of abstract and complex thinking and communication. As someone whose whole life is centered around helping others, I will TRY to remember to make my posts more simple when responding to you. I can't promise anything 'cause chances are I'll forget, but I will at least TRY.  ThumbsUp
(08-25-2016, 12:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I guess so.

I just posted a link that proves they are 100% wrong.  

Just like you.

Posting links to other people who are wrong does not change the fact that you are wrong.

[Image: 3509653.jpg]
(08-25-2016, 12:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Rolleyes CLEARLY, I was being hyperbolic as evidenced by the statement I made when I said: I HAVE heard him talk about Islam though and usually it's to defend it as a whole.

So, I'm sorry that I'm a more nuanced poster that is capable of abstract and complex thinking and communication. As someone whose whole life is centered around helping others, I will TRY to remember to make my posts more simple when responding to you. I can't promise anything 'cause chances are I'll forget, but I will at least TRY.  ThumbsUp

Actually I am the one that is nuanced.  

You claimed that Obama never talked about "radical Islam", but that he did talk about "Islam".  You clearly intended to make a difference between "radical Islam" and "Islam".  To claim otherwise would mean that you heard him talk about something that he never talked about.

Give it up Phil.  I proved that you were wrong.  Trying to claim that your words meant something they could not have meant because you are "nuanced and capable of abstract and complex thinking" is laughable.
(08-25-2016, 12:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: [Image: 3509653.jpg]

Thanks for being man enough to admit that you were wrong.

It makes you look so much more mature than trying to claim your words meant something that they could not have meant.
(08-25-2016, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks for being man enough to admit that you were wrong.

It makes you look so much more mature than trying to claim your words meant something that they could not have meant.

Now, you're just being deliberately obtuse. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orlando-nightclub-massacre/why-won-t-obama-say-radical-islam-n591196

Quote:Obama and his secretary of state, John Kerry, have said that they don't use terms like "Islamic extremism" or "radical Islam" because they believe doing so would grant undeserved religious legitimacy to terrorist movements such as the Islamic State. Citing Islam as a factor risks framing counterterrorism as a war between the West and Islam, they have said.

I guess Obama's wrong about ... himself? Shocked