Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan
Well, I am probably one of the few Michigan fans here. Beating Rutgers tonight 57-0 in the 3rd quarter. Looks like it might come down to the Ohio State/Michigan game this year. The Big 10 has a tough league every year. My neighbor will not let me wear Michigan shirts because he's for Ohio State. I wear them anyway.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
A beatdown of epic proportions, to be sure. Interested to see what happens at Camp Randall Saturday night.

But, I'm concerned about this relationship you have with your neighbor. Blink twice if you need assistance.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 11:05 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, I am probably one of the few Michigan fans here. Beating Rutgers tonight 57-0 in the 3rd quarter. Looks like it might come down to the Ohio State/Michigan game this year. The Big 10 has a tough league every year. My neighbor will not let me wear Michigan shirts because he's for Ohio State. I wear them anyway.

what do you mean your neighbor will not let you wear Michigan shirts?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 10:42 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: what do you mean your neighbor will not let you wear Michigan shirts?

He gets all upset because I live in Ohio and wear a Michigan shirt. His kids went to Ohio State so he just boils. lol 
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 10:42 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: what do you mean your neighbor will not let you wear Michigan shirts?
It's because Ohio State fans literally own Michigan fans. It goes beyond our decade and a half dominance on the field. It bleeds into all aspects of life.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
But yeah... I think it's gonna be a great OSU- Michigan game this year. Hopefully both of them get there undefeated.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 08:50 AM)jason Wrote: It's because Ohio State fans literally own Michigan fans. It goes beyond our decade and a half dominance on the field. It bleeds into all aspects of life.

ya well when you invite me over for dinner I'm wearing my Michigan shirt!

I'll bring the beer!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 10:37 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: He gets all upset because I live in Ohio and wear a Michigan shirt. His kids went to Ohio State so he just boils. lol 

I get it...its just the way you worded it...like you needed his permission to wear it or something.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:19 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: I get it...its just the way you worded it...like you needed his permission to wear it or something.
That's what I got a kick out of too.

They do take that shit very seriously in Columbus though. Ohio State fans and alumni have reputations for being dicks for a good reason.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:26 PM)jason Wrote: That's what I got a kick out of too.

They do take that shit very seriously in Columbus though. Ohio State fans and alumni have reputations for being dicks for a good reason.

I've heard its not the friendliest place to visit for visiting fans for sure.  Especially Michigan fans.  It is what it is.  I make a yearly pilgrimage to Ann Arbor once a year...thats good enough for me.

i heard watching a game in Columbus is pretty epic though....Tennessee is also supposed to be quite the atmosphere.
Reply/Quote
the OSU-Wisky game this weekend could be pretty interesting as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:48 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: I've heard its not the friendliest place to visit for visiting fans for sure.  Especially Michigan fans.  It is what it is.  I make a yearly pilgrimage to Ann Arbor once a year...thats good enough for me.

i heard watching a game in Columbus is pretty epic though....Tennessee is also supposed to be quite the atmosphere.
It's actually not too bad at the game itself. It's the walk out of there where they start acting like asses. I was at the VA. Tech game a couple years back when they beat Ohio State. On the way back to the car I was talking to some VA. Tech fans, and they were saying "What a great place, and everyone's been so nice...." I looked them in the eye, and told them to get to their car, and get out of the general campus area. I think they could tell I was serious. You have to remember there is a large Cleveland delegation in the fan base. That's all I really have to say.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Go blue! Can't wait to see us stomp Ohio state
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:10 AM)Trademark Wrote: Go blue! Can't wait to see us stomp Ohio state

Go blow. You can wait. You dont have a choice.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 04:08 PM)jason Wrote: You have to remember there is a large Cleveland delegation in the fan base. 

Yes, that explains a lot.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If Michigan were to finally win, this would be the year with that loaded team. If they don't, they might not get another chance for a bit.
Reply/Quote
It is good to see it actually resemble a rivalry once again. Michigan hasn't been keeping up the past 15 years or so. Rather than "Beat Michigan", it has been "Beat Down Michigan".
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Michigan gonna be number 2 :) GO BLUE
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Alabama versus Michigan for the National Championship.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 05:53 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Alabama versus Michigan for the National Championship.

Yeah I won't be too upset if OSU misses out this year, because Alabama is going to steamroll their way through the championship.  I think next year OSU SHOULD have a shot.  Their defense is very young this year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote