Release:
Trae Waynes (frees up $11 Mill)

Key Re-Signings:
Jessie Bates
Quinton Spain
CJ Uzomah
One of BJ Hill or Larry Ogunjobi

FA:
Brian Allen, C Rams - Allen has come on for the Rams this season, and Taylor has some familiarity with him, as Taylor was there his rookie year. Allen is only 26 and is one of the top centers this year, but he shouldn't command a bunch because he hasn't been a stud for multiple years. Addition of Allen allows the Bengals to move on from Hopkins (or put Hopkins at OG).

Morgan Moses, RT Jets - Moses is about as good as, if not better than Reiff. Moses is also two years younger and hasn't missed a game in his career since his rookie year (2014).

Draft:
1) Sauce Gardner, CB UC (6'2", 188 lb) - Long and fast, plus he excels in zone coverage. Gardner can also play man, but he's better in zone. I see Gardner as someone who can come in immediately and start outside opposite of Chido with the release of Waynes.

2) Daniel Faalele, RT Minnesota (6'9", 380 lb) - Mammoth OT who is from Australia, so he's not a finished product. Luckily, with Moses in front of him, he'd get some time to develop. For his size, he has good athleticism, and it's very difficult to get around him or push him back.

3) Zachary Carter, DL Florida (6'4", 285 lb) - Versatile pass rusher who has played all across the DL. The Bengals can use Carter as a rotational pass rusher initially, and maybe one day he'll turn into a 3-down player. I'd personally look to add some bulk on him and turn him into a menacing 3T.

Day 3 - Depth at RB, WR, LB, TE. Bengals are expected to get (at least) one comp pick between the departures of Carl Lawson and John Ross. Lawson is expected to return around a 4th round comp (would have been 3rd if he didn't go on IR before season started). John Ross is currently expected to return a comp pick, as he's playing 33% of offensive snaps, which could result around a 4th round comp. https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/26/bengals-compensatory-pick-outlook-john-ross-giants/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 06:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Release:
Trae Waynes (frees up $11 Mill)

Key Re-Signings:
Jessie Bates
Quinton Spain
CJ Uzomah
One of BJ Hill or Larry Ogunjobi

FA:
Brian Allen, C Rams - Allen has come on for the Rams this season, and Taylor has some familiarity with him, as Taylor was there his rookie year. Allen is only 26 and is one of the top centers this year, but he shouldn't command a bunch because he hasn't been a stud for multiple years. Addition of Allen allows the Bengals to move on from Hopkins (or put Hopkins at OG).

Morgan Moses, RT Jets - Moses is about as good as, if not better than Reiff. Moses is also two years younger and hasn't missed a game in his career since his rookie year (2014).

Draft:
1) Sauce Gardner, CB UC (6'2", 188 lb) - Long and fast, plus he excels in zone coverage. Gardner can also play man, but he's better in zone. I see Gardner as someone who can come in immediately and start outside opposite of Chido with the release of Waynes.

2) Daniel Faalele, RT Minnesota (6'9", 380 lb) - Mammoth OT who is from Australia, so he's not a finished product. Luckily, with Moses in front of him, he'd get some time to develop. For his size, he has good athleticism, and it's very difficult to get around him or push him back.

3) Zachary Carter, DL Florida (6'4", 285 lb) - Versatile pass rusher who has played all across the DL. The Bengals can use Carter as a rotational pass rusher initially, and maybe one day he'll turn into a 3-down player. I'd personally look to add some bulk on him and turn him into a menacing 3T.

Day 3 - Depth at RB, WR, LB, TE. Bengals are expected to get (at least) one comp pick between the departures of Carl Lawson and John Ross. Lawson is expected to return around a 4th round comp (would have been 3rd if he didn't go on IR before season started). John Ross is currently expected to return a comp pick, as he's playing 33% of offensive snaps, which could result around a 4th round comp. https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/26/bengals-compensatory-pick-outlook-john-ross-giants/

Not against Faalele, but I think 2 is too high for him (personally; I may be wrong).

Also, Moses is a better run blocker than Reiff, but I wouldn't say he's outright better.

On board with this though.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 11:42 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not against Faalele, but I think 2 is too high for him (personally; I may be wrong).

Also, Moses is a better run blocker than Reiff, but I wouldn't say he's outright better.

On board with this though.

He's a late 2nd to early 3rd for me, but I think Combine could boost his stock.
From everything I've seen so far, I think Faalele has the unteachables and will just need some refinement. This video made me like him - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU4Q33eiUxg
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 12:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He's a late 2nd to early 3rd for me, but I think Combine could boost his stock.
From everything I've seen so far, I think Faalele has the unteachables and will just need some refinement. This video made me like him - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU4Q33eiUxg

If the Bengals continue with Zac Taylor and Frank Pollack I don't see thr fit for Daniel Faalale. He looks like he's wading through molasses when he has to move. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 12:40 PM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals continue with Zac Taylor and Frank Pollack I don't see thr fit for Daniel Faalale. He looks like he's wading through molasses when he has to move. 

I don't think he looks like molasses. He's big, so he seems slower, but he's still covering ground. The clip in the link I provided that showcases his feet makes me think he could be ok in the current scheme. He also shows that he can get into the second level and also move outside. His 36" arm length will help keep defenders at bay.
If there's a smaller, lighter, more athletic guy who could be available in the 2nd or 3rd round that also won't get pushed back, please share, as I'm more than happy to change the player to someone else.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote