Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mid Season Grades
Mid Season Grades
QB C+ Dalton is doing the best he can in a bad situation. Hes not a fit for our present situation he needs a good line to succeed.
RB C + shown flashes the rare times they get blocking
WR C + No one besides AJ creating any plays
TE B - Kroft has been solid Uzomah isn't terrible
OL D - Improved from the F earlier in the year
DL B + were only rushing 4 most of the time so they deserve this grade
LB C + been disappointment lately
CB C + our secondary is playing too soft coverage. Williams been a disappointment
ST B- too inconsistent to grade better
Coaching F Marvins worst year by far
Reply/Quote
How can the #32 ranked rushing offense in the NFL get a C+? Our long run on the year is 25 yards which is dead last.

The offensive line is bad...but Mixon didn't break a single tackle against the Jaguars 32nd ranked rushing defense.

Same with WR. Green is good and no one else can get open. We are the #32 offense in the NFL.

The offensive line is an F-. We have the worst offensive line in the NFL. The run blocking is terrible. The improvement is very small, if any in the passing game. Guys come unblocked routinely through the Center of the line.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 02:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How can the #32 ranked rushing offense in the NFL get a C+? Our long run on the year is 25 yards which is dead last.

The offensive line is bad...but Mixon didn't break a single tackle against the Jaguars 32nd ranked rushing defense.

Same with WR. Green is good and no one else can get open. We are the #32 offense in the NFL.

The offensive line is an F-. We have the worst offensive line in the NFL. The run blocking is terrible. The improvement is very small, if any in the passing game. Guys come unblocked routinely through the Center of the line.

Yeah, those grades were too high almost all across the board. Heck, even Dalton I wouldn't grade higher than a C-.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Mid Season Grades
QB D+ Dalton is doing the best he can in a bad situation.
RB D+ shown flashes in the receiving game...but we are the #32 ranked rushing offense.
WR D No one besides AJ creating any plays. Lafell has fallen off a cliff production-wise.
OL F- Guys get free shots at Dalton untouched routinely through the Center of the line. Absolutely TERRIBLE run blocking.
DL B Pass rush looks defense. Can't stop the run at times.
LB C - Burfict is great. Everyone else struggles. Covering TE's is terrible lately. They miss Minter.
CB D Jackson and Dennard should be starting. Instead they play Jones and Kirkpatrick who grade out as Poor.
ST B Bullock has been a bright spot.
Coaching D It's a bad team with a bad roster and coaches who don't make them better.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 02:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, those grades were too high almost all across the board. Heck, even Dalton I wouldn't grade higher than a C-.

How anyone can say that the offensive line is improving is beyond comprehension for me.

Maybe Ced and Fisher have gotten slightly better at pass blocking...but the run blocking from every single player is horrible and I've never saw so many pass rushers come untouched in my life.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 02:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How can the #32 ranked rushing offense in the NFL get a C+? Our long run on the year is 25 yards which is dead last.

Mixon and Gio get credit for the screen game in the C+ grade and if your giving the Line an F wouldn't it make sense to grade running backs on curve so to speak.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 02:52 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Mixon and Gio get credit for the screen game in the C+ grade and if your giving the Line an F wouldn't it make sense to grade running backs on curve so to speak.

It's a results based league. Mixon is rushing for 2.9 ypc. He has 20 receptions for 204 yards.

The 1st stat is absolutely horrible. The 2nd stat is meh. It's not like he has 400 yards receiving.

Really what back wouldn't be good behind a great offensive line?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 02:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mid Season Grades
RB D+ shown flashes in the receiving game...but we are the #32 ranked rushing offense.
WR D No one besides AJ creating any plays. Lafell has fallen off a cliff production-wise.
OL F- Guys get free shots at Dalton untouched routinely through the Center of the line. Absolutely TERRIBLE run blocking.
DL B  Pass rush looks defense. Can't stop the run at times.
LB C - Burfict is great. Everyone else struggles. Covering TE's is terrible lately. They miss Minter.
CB D  Jackson and Dennard should be starting. Instead they play Jones and Kirkpatrick who grade out as Poor.
Coaching D It's a bad team with a bad roster and coaches who don't make them better.

The only differences is I would have the RB a D-, the TE would be a C-, CB a C-, the ST a solid C and coaching a big fat F-----.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 02:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The only differences is I would have the RB a D-, the TE would be a C-, CB a C-, the ST a solid C and coaching a big fat F-----.

Yeah - I can't really argue with those.

I do feel that Kroft has been a bright spot this year.

It's tough to grade any of these units highly...because on offense we only have 3 starting positions with decent PFF grades.

On defense, the D-Line is above average, Burfict is good at LB with Rey and Minter ok and Vigil and Evans horrible. Then in the secondary our starting CB's are poor and safeties average.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 02:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mid Season Grades
DL B  Pass rush looks defense. Can't stop the run at times.
CB D  Jackson and Dennard should be starting. Instead they play Jones and Kirkpatrick who grade out as Poor.

We have one of the best pass defenses in the league. How can you give them a D , but the run defense is bad (giving up 116 a game) and you give DL a B? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 03:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah - I can't really argue with those.

I do feel that Kroft has been a bright spot this year.

It's tough to grade any of these units highly...because on offense we only have 3 starting positions with decent PFF grades.

On defense, the D-Line is above average, Burfict is good at LB with Rey and Minter ok and Vigil and Evans horrible. Then in the secondary our starting CB's are poor and safeties average.

We're top 4 against the pass.
Jacksonville
Pittsburgh
Denver
Cincinnati
Reply/Quote
QB = C- Dalton has done about as well as can considering except he has missed some open receivers, have to blame him for this.
RB = B- Mixon has not been as good as i thought he would be but there are no holes, Hill is nothing special, Gio is still good.
WR = D+ Everyone but AJ are bad and this has been a major disappointment in my eyes. Thought Boyd would get better in this 2nd year.
TE = B+  Really like what Kroft has done in his limited chances, great job Kroft.
OL = F- Worst run blocking line in the NFL for heck sake. Og and Blodine are just terrible.

DL = B  Decent pass rush, not stopping the run as well as i would like. Billings i hope comes around soon.
LB = C- Burfict rocks, the rest are pretty bad. Playing bad on 3rd down.
CB = C- Playing too soft of coverage and Adam and Dre should not be starting over WJ3 and Dennard.
S = D+ Shawn is not a playmaker, George needs a playmaker beside him. Losing Derron was beyond stupid. Need to see more Fej.

ST's = B- Bullock has been alright, Huber pretty good but ST's has been inconsistent and let in a TD on a punt return last game.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 03:00 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: We have one of the best pass defenses in the league. How can you give them a D , but the run defense is bad (giving up 116 a game) and you give DL a B? 

Our pass defense just looks good because we never have the lead and teams run.

Kirkpatrick and Jones are both terrible CB's. Absolutely Terrible.

Iloka and Williams aren't good against the pass either.

IF we were actually competitive and teams needed to pass...they would. Look what Blake Bortles did against us. Blake Bortles!

The defensive line is good at pass rushing, but weak against the run. Thus the B.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 03:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do feel that Kroft has been a bright spot this year.

Most definitely. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Eiffert isn't re-signed. And I'm not sure I want him re-signed if only because if he's going to be injured he takes up a roster spot.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 03:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our pass defense just looks good because we never have the lead and teams run.

Kirkpatrick and Jones are both terrible CB's. Absolutely Terrible.

Iloka and Williams aren't good against the pass either.

IF we were actually competitive and teams needed to pass...they would. Look what Blake Bortles did against us. Blake Bortles!

The defensive line is good at pass rushing, but weak against the run. Thus the B.

Yeah, but they've been targeted 264 times and only allowed a 59.5% completion for 1541. Only thing we don't rank very high in pass protection is the attempts and int's. Everything else is pretty good
Reply/Quote
Mid Season Grades
QB C+
RB C +
WR C +
TE C +
OL D-
DL B -
LB C -
CB C+
S C
ST B-
Coaching D-
Reply/Quote
I don't get people rating our RBs so high. I see the talent. They've been displayed in years past and Mixon looks to be real special considering he's turning negative plays into 0 yard plays. But, their production so far this season does NOT warrant such a high rating.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 03:02 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: We're top 4 against the pass.
Jacksonville
Pittsburgh
Denver
Cincinnati

When you look at these ratings which are adjusted for opponent and other factors...we're a middle-of-the-pack pass defense and overall defense:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef
Reply/Quote
Oh, HH reminded me...

Coaching = F- Playing Hill and Lafell above much more explosive players is completely ridiculous. Ross as a healthy scratch when we desperately need speed? Complete ineptness. This Zone Blocking Scheme is destroying our entire team. The worst halftime adjusting
team i have ever seen and Marv and company just keep doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

By far the worst part of our team is our coaches, even worse than our O-line, Marv on down. It is like a bad disease. Sick
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh, HH reminded me...

Coaching = F- Playing Hill and Lafell above much more explosive players is completely ridiculous. Ross as a healthy scratch when we desperately need speed? Complete ineptness. This Zone Blocking Scheme is destroying our entire team. The worst halftime adjusting
team i have ever seen and Marv and company just keep doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

By far the worst part of our team is our coaches, even worse than our O-line, Marv on down. It is like a bad disease. Sick

Wouldnt' we actually have to make halftime adjustments to be the worst halftime adjusting team? Ninja

:sad:
Reply/Quote