Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mid Season Grades
(11-10-2017, 03:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't get people rating our RBs so high. I see the talent. They've been displayed in years past and Mixon looks to be real special considering he's turning negative plays into 0 yard plays. But, their production so far this season does NOT warrant such a high rating.

I think it would also be unfair to give them too low of a rating with this blocking, especially Mixon and Gio.

They have been good catching the ball out of the backfield and if they are getting caught in the backfield that is on the O-line most of the time.

I don't think B- is SUCH a high rating, middle of the pack but i think Mixon could be a great RB with decent run blocking.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think it would also be unfair to give them too low of a rating with this blocking, especially Mixon and Gio.

I get that, but still, I think anything above a C grade for them is too high. Just my opinion, of course.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 03:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I get that, but still, I think anything above a C grade for them is too high. Just my opinion, of course.

Yep, and I really haven't seen Mixon make anyone miss, or break any tackles.  He's been a disappointment to me, outside of a couple splash plays. Bernard has been more consistent, in my eyes.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh, HH reminded me...

Coaching = F- Playing Hill and Lafell above much more explosive players is completely ridiculous. Ross as a healthy scratch when we desperately need speed? Complete ineptness. This Zone Blocking Scheme is destroying our entire team. The worst halftime adjusting
team i have ever seen and Marv and company just keep doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

By far the worst part of our team is our coaches, even worse than our O-line, Marv on down. It is like a bad disease. Sick

I bumped them up a grade simply because they got three wins. That's the only reason.

F- to me means abysmal. While coaching has been bad, you don't get 3 "free" wins. Same for o-line.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 03:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I get that, but still, I think anything above a C grade for them is too high. Just my opinion, of course.

Yea, but how much of that is line/coaching/scheme, etc? Probably a good bulk of it. idk.

Guess giving them benefit of the doubt since line and coaching is so bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 03:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When you look at these ratings which are adjusted for opponent and other factors...we're a middle-of-the-pack pass defense and overall defense:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

I was told their would be no math here Ninja   Hilarious

I enjoy reading these advanced stats, but man it's a lot to take in. 
Reply/Quote

Thats cool man.

(11-10-2017, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, and I really haven't seen Mixon make anyone miss, or break any tackles.  He's been a disappointment to me, outside of a couple splash plays. Bernard has been more consistent, in my eyes.

I just think we need SOME consistency with the O-line to really judge Mixon. He is a rookie with the worst run blocking
Offensive Line in the entire NFL. I will give him a pass until i see him missing holes and turning into the next Jeremeh Hill.

(11-10-2017, 03:53 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I bumped them up a grade simply because they got three wins. That's the only reason.

F- to me means abysmal. While coaching has been bad, you don't get 3 "free" wins. Same for o-line.

Those 3 wins were mostly cause of the Defense so Guenther should get a passing grade. Still even though the Defense has
been pretty good especially against the pass i thought they would be much better. The way the Steelers and especially Blake
Bortles just kept getting first down after first down on 3rd down was highly frustrating.

Even 3rd and longs where our pass rush is supposed to feast they were getting them on a regular basis.

This is unacceptable IMO.

(11-10-2017, 03:54 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yea, but how much of that is line/coaching/scheme, etc? Probably a good bulk of it. idk.

Guess giving them benefit of the doubt since line and coaching is so bad.

Exactly, cannot judge the backs as of now, if anything i have to give them a little cred. Especially Gio and Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Conversely does that make Elliott a bad back in Dallas because he has a great offensive line?

At some point you have to judge a guy averaging 2.9 ypc more harshly than a guy averaging 4.5 ypc.
Reply/Quote
It's really hard if not impossible to give grades for anything so far because....yup.... you guessed it, our offensive line is redefining awful.

And it even effects the defensive grades, a couple games with a dozen 3 and outs in a row takes it's toll.

So I'll just give an overall grade - failure.
Reply/Quote
Coaching & OL = a big fat F-

Agree that they both effect everybody else as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
QB D+
Dalton has been under pressure and has no time. But he still does his classic Daltoning by missing wide open relief valve routes and taking sacks instead. He also has sailed some wide open touchdowns that would have helped keep us in games.

RB D-
I know it's not their fault a lot of the time, but they aren't falling forward either and not making moves to gain extra yardage when they can. I was expecting Mixon to create despite the line, and he has not. Okay out of the backfield though.

WR D
LaFell is trash, Ross isn't even playing, Core is bad, Boyd has not been around, all the others are barely even worth mentioning. Green is doing well, but you can see the frustration he's experienced this year.

TE B
Eifert was a waste yet again, but Kroft has been good.

OL F
There was never any way this wasn't going to be an F.

DL B
They get pressure sometimes and that's great. But they aren't consistent (Lawson sells out on the pass rush regularly. It either works or he goes nowhere.) and they are really bad at stopping the run.

LB C
There's Burfict and then...Do we have any other Linebackers? I can't remember because I've never seen them make any plays.

Secondary C
Williams is bad, Illoka is purely average and we are still playing Jones despite him getting burned and allowing first downs every time he's out there. Kirk and Shaw have been relatively bad as well. Jackson and Dennard are good and the reason this isn't a D. If only they'd let Jackson actually play...

ST C
Our kick returns are embarrassing, our punting has been spotty and our punt returns have had some good ones and then a few fumbles as well...Field goals have been consistent though Big Grin

Coaching F
Fire Marvin, Fire Paul, find someone who can get something out of Dalton, because it's not Lazor.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 02:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Mid Season Grades
QB C+ Dalton is doing the best he can in a bad situation. Hes not a fit for our present situation he needs a good line to succeed.
RB C + shown flashes the rare times they get blocking
WR C + No one besides AJ creating any plays
TE  B - Kroft has been solid Uzomah isn't terrible
OL D - Improved from the F earlier in the year
DL B + were only rushing 4 most of the time so they deserve this grade
LB C + been disappointment lately
CB C + our secondary is playing too soft coverage. Williams been a disappointment
ST B- too inconsistent to grade better
Coaching F Marvins worst year by far
Appreciate your opinion. I am more critical and would grade most lower. Doesn't mean you're wrong.
Reply/Quote