Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Safety
Yes I know its nowhere near the biggest priority but I'm bored of whinging about the OLine Tongue

Wondered if there were any ball hawking FS types out there that people see as prospects for us this year?

Apart from Derron Smith all our safeties appear more in the in the box, run defenders...and we let Smith go past week (though may get him back).

Personally I wanted to keep Nelson ...none of our existing DB's have ever had more than 3 ints in a season ( apart from Pacman  wayback with Tenn).

My guess its like Guards on the offensive side...in our scheme we just do not value them as much as perimeter guys but would love to have a bit more then steady eddies like Iloka and Williams out there and the bend don't break mentality
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:11 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Yes I know its nowhere near the biggest priority but I'm bored of whinging about the OLine Tongue

Wondered if there were any ball hawking FS types out there that people see as prospects for us this year?

Apart from Derron Smith all our safeties appear more in the in the box, run defenders...and we let Smith go past week (though may get him back).

Personally I wanted to keep Nelson ...none of our existing DB's have ever had more than 3 ints in a season ( apart from Pacman  wayback with Tenn).

My guess its like Guards on the offensive side...in our scheme we just do not value them as much as perimeter guys but would love to have a bit more then steady eddies like Iloka and Williams out there and the bend don't break mentality

Minkah Fitzpatrick from Alabama is the top Free Safety around. Derwin James from Florida State is on the other side at Strong Safety as the top. I would expect both to go in the Top 15 picks. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:11 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Yes I know its nowhere near the biggest priority but I'm bored of whinging about the OLine Tongue

Jordan Whitehead is a top 2nd round target to us in mocks out of Pitt. Hooker would have been a great pick. I'd shit if Derwin James fell to us
Reply/Quote
I'm on board with getting a true FS this year. Illoka is only okay in coverage, but he definitely also brings all we need in the box. Williams just needs to go period.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dep being on where we end up picking in the Top 10, there might not be a lineman there and Fitzpatrick or James (preferably James) would be a good consolation prize. They are both very versatile, can play either safety spot and even CB in a pinch.
Reply/Quote