Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midwinter Night's Dram 8 Bourbon?
Anyone ever had this? I just won it and $50 in a poker group on Facebook and I've never had it.

The only other choices were a rye (I'm not a fan of ryes) and cash, so I chose the MWND.

Let me know how it is!
Reply/Quote
Midwinter's Night is very good. Some years are noted as being a little better than others, but they're all solid. It's a limited release each year (8 would have come out 2 or 3 years ago) and very hard to find. High West distributes all over here in Colorado, but the only place I've ever seen MWN is in liquor store lotteries or people re-selling for a very high markup.

It's got a rich taste, lots of dark fruit flavors. Great sipper in the winter. Enjoy it!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:17 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Anyone ever had this? I just won it and $50 in a poker group on Facebook and I've never had it.

The only other choices were a rye (I'm not a fan of ryes) and cash, so I chose the MWND.

Let me know how it is!

Brad, does this mean that you'll be drunk posting in Smack Talk again, soon?  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 11:04 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Midwinter's Night is very good.  Some years are noted as being a little better than others, but they're all solid.  It's a limited release each year (8 would have come out 2 or 3 years ago) and very hard to find.  High West distributes all over here in Colorado, but the only place I've ever seen MWN is in liquor store lotteries or people re-selling for a very high markup.  

It's got a rich taste, lots of dark fruit flavors.  Great sipper in the winter.  Enjoy it!!
LOVE IT!

I won this in a bourbon bust game, which is where everyone puts up a pre-approved bottle of bourbon or $300 cash. The top half finishers get to choose from the bottom half's bottles or cash. 

If you win a bottle that cost less than the bottle you put up, you get the bottle and they have to pay you the difference since you risked more.

The cash is $300, so I won the bottle and $50 since it's listed as $250! I'm not sure if it's the 7 or 8 year because it says MWND 7/8.

People used to always put up Weller and I'd win a few of those and sell them for a fortune because it's like liquid crack around here.

95% of the country's bourbon is produced here in Kentucky but (oddly) I think I'm one of the only people from Kentucky (might be the only one).
(01-24-2023, 11:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Brad, does this mean that you'll be drunk posting in Smack Talk again, soon?  Ninja

Don't know because it's not any fun when the other teams in the division suck so bad and they don't have rapists, murderers, or women beaters on their teams to make fun of.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote