Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown
(11-07-2017, 11:19 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yep, I'm sure about that. Lombardi used it in Green Bay, but he was hired after Paul Brown was already in Cleveland.

A playbook and drawing in the sand isn't quite the same thing.

Hmm, pretty sure that Zuppke was around, coaching football before Paul Brown.  He is credited with inventing the forward pass..

https://books.google.com/books?id=RyTVa-sXx_IC&pg=PA27&lpg=PA27&dq=Who+is+credited+with+invented+the+football+playbook?&source=bl&ots=JArU2kPnzB&sig=bGXbdenb_UcoX2uztsUsRxkHqO4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjX9On_9a3XAhXn1IMKHQZsD6gQ6AEIRjAF#v=onepage&q=Who%20is%20credited%20with%20invented%20the%20football%20playbook%3F&f=false
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 11:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, pretty sure that Zuppke was around, coaching football before Paul Brown.  He is credited with inventing the forward pass..

https://books.google.com/books?id=RyTVa-sXx_IC&pg=PA27&lpg=PA27&dq=Who+is+credited+with+invented+the+football+playbook?&source=bl&ots=JArU2kPnzB&sig=bGXbdenb_UcoX2uztsUsRxkHqO4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjX9On_9a3XAhXn1IMKHQZsD6gQ6AEIRjAF#v=onepage&q=Who%20is%20credited%20with%20invented%20the%20football%20playbook%3F&f=false

Paul Brown wasn't the only inventive guy, granted.

But Mike Brown has exactly zero inventiveness in him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Honestly I think the best scenario for us would be if the Brown family decided to pack up and go elsewhere. Despite being a small market i still think were an attractive spot for another franchise. It would be better to start over without the Brown family.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 10:40 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: No from your mom last night

I hope you had a good time. I believe she is taking the Lions this week.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 02:42 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've been a locksmith for just under 30 years. I've dealt with 10s of thousands of people and there's one thing you need to understand about human beings. People that just don't seem to get common sense, are not all that uncommon. 

Not by a long shot. 

Common sense (and people who understand it) is becoming a rarity. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote