Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown
Mike is not a bad person, just delusional as all hell. I'm sure he's found a way to convince himself that he's not one of the worst owners in sports history. Or maybe he truly lacks the ability to care about anything other than Luminas and Wendy's burgers Whatever

Nothing more frustrating than a tight-fisted billionaire
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 05:46 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Mike is not a bad person, just delusional as all hell. I'm sure he's found a way to convince himself that he's not one of the worst owners in sports history. Or maybe he truly lacks the ability to care about anything other than Luminas and Wendy's burgers Whatever

I'd say Mikey rationalizes everything in his mind as to why all the failures aren't his fault. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m not a Mike Brown fan, I do give him a little credit for at least showing up on the road. I’ve always thought that he does care about winning but he’s stubborn and it has to be his way. His way obviously doesn’t work. He really seems to care less about what the average fan thinks.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 05:46 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Mike is not a bad person, just delusional as all hell. I'm sure he's found a way to convince himself that he's not one of the worst owners in sports history. Or maybe he truly lacks the ability to care about anything other than Luminas and Wendy's burgers Whatever

I win the Power Ball and we are all going to the game together, on me!!! After that, you SOBs don't me!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 05:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd say Mikey rationalizes everything in his mind as to why all the failures aren't his fault. 

Yep, if it's a shit season, we're just snake-bit.  I remember after Trent Green went down and the Rams employed some stock boy from the Piggly-Wiggly to go grab them a Lombardi, Mike was giving an interview and said something to the effect that we just needed to catch a lightening bolt like that and we'd be champions, too!  The Steelers, Pats, Packers, Chiefs, etc. aren't better-built organizations.  Nah, they're just lucky.  And one day, the worm will turn and our ship will come in, to mix metaphors.  

It's all just a miracle away, boys.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Shit on me all you want, but I really hope he doesn’t have much time left on this Earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 09:11 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Shit on me all you want, but I really hope he doesn’t have much time left on this Earth.

I just want him to fully relinquish power to Katie and Troy. Wishing a man dead so your favorite football team can possibly do better seems a bit much.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:48 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Maybe it is his lucky hat we just had a superstition thread this week about what ritual we did before games maybe his is the hat.

That hat was in the trunk of the Lumina when Mike bought it on Paddock and Vine at the Big Indian sign...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 06:42 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m not a Mike Brown fan, I do give him a little credit for at least showing up on the road. I’ve always thought that he does care about winning but he’s stubborn and it has to be his way. His way obviously doesn’t work. He really seems to care less about what the average fan thinks.

Mike’s way works 41% of the time in the regular season, and 0.00% of the time in the postseason.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:43 PM)SladeX Wrote: Yeah, but most of them have the sense to hire a GM. And change underperforming head coaches once a decade or so...

mikey probably was wearing a pair of tighty whities last night that are older than when he hired Marv

that's about how often he will make a change.....its truly an embarrassing situation....0-7 on SNF and 0-9 in playoffs??!! 
whats the common denominator here? Marv!! he has proven time and time again he CANNOT motivate a team to win high profile games..PERIOD
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:26 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Mike’s way works 41% of the time in the regular season, and 0.00% of the time in the postseason.

I wonder if the fact that he doesn’t change means that he’s content with those results.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I remember them showing him but didn't realize he wasn't even wearing a Bengals hat. That's kinda lame. You know what sucks tho? I make about 1 one-millionth of what he makes and I'm bengalized every game. I probably hurt more about this loss then he does and that's kinda sad.

I have that "death to an immediate family member" feeling today. I am seriously depressed over that performance last night. Oh well, a few beers and I will be good I guess. I'm suing Mike Brown for causing my alcoholism and depression. What's that called anyway, Emotional duress? Hell I don't know, who cares?

Fred, do you want to represent me? Vegas has our odds of winning pretty high. At the very least they would plea bargain and maybe we could get some cool Bengals gear? Ah hell, thinking about it, wearing it in public would probably cause more alcoholism and worse depression. Damn Mike Brown!

Hang in there dog. He can't live forever.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:25 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: That hat was in the trunk of the Lumina when Mike bought it on Paddock and Vine at the Big Indian sign...

Rep Hilarious
Reply/Quote
When they panned up on him in the club box, seeing him in his JC Penny suit and his stupid khaki ball cap with that smug look just infuriated me.

[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He is just old as dirt right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s a bit much. By all accounts he seems like a good human being who does care about his players (remember what he did for Devon Still?) and his employees. He’s just too damn stubborn and doesn’t seem to learn from the past.

This
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 10:07 AM)Always a Bengal Wrote: He is just old as dirt right now.

That old prick will outlive us all.  In thirty years he'll be a Futurama head-in-a-jar up in the owner's booth, and they'll wake up Marvin and wheel him out to the sidelines where his nurse will script the first ten plays (not a big drop off, I know), all while an 80 year old Katie furrows her brow and wonders when her turn will come. 

As long as this group of leeches controls this team, as fans, we're just ******.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Beside not having a football mind, he doesn't have the no nonsense attitude his dad had, and he is more concerned about being liked than winning.

Paul wanted to win and couldn't care less if you liked him or not.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 11:14 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I wonder if the fact that he doesn’t change means that he’s content with those results.

Google a crazy ol skinflint who owned the Toronto Maple Leafs back in the 70's and 80's by the name of Harold Ballard! His logic was the building will be sold out no matter HOW bad the team was!! It was laughable. Same crap different era!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 10:13 PM)count35 Wrote: Google a crazy ol skinflint who owned the Toronto Maple Leafs back in the 70's and 80's by the name of Harold Ballard! His logic was the building will be sold out no matter HOW bad the team was!! It was laughable. Same crap different era!

Here’s a Cincinnati.com (The Enquirer) article written Jan, 22 this year. It’s not the whole article, just what pertains to this discussion.

Quote:OUR MAN JIM OWCZARSKI got Cincinnati’s most thankless job Friday, and did a good job with it. That would be a question-and-answer session with Mike Brown.

This is like talking to brick, the difference being brick cracks on occasion.

It’s exasperating as a writer, but at least we get paid to be exasperated. As comprehensive as Jim’s interview was, it could have been done 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 1992, and produced the same answers. Do we need to get better? Yes, we do.

After three decades, this stuff is starting to hurt my brain.

Here are some of Brown’s remarks, in bold italics, and my reactions.

While we had serious reverses and they were unsettling, to put it mildly, we bounced back at the end of the year. December is to the NFL what April and September are to MLB. More than occasionally misleading.

I don’t think we’re far off. I think we can make the changes that we need to make and quickly rebound to the level where we were a couple years ago.” The level where you were? Losing your first game in the playoffs? That level?

We have to do better in certain areas. We’re going to try to. There is no try, Yoda. There is only do.

We were not as far as off as some surmise. A break here or there, a play here or there. Every nonplayoffs team in the league not named Cleveland says that.

You’re supposed to say, it’s good form, we’re going to win the Super Bowl. Well, that’s sort of a silly statement. Everybody wants to win the Super Bowl. Wanting and needing are entirely different. I want to play golf like Jordan Spieth. Moves made and not made here for decades indicate a casual want to win.

A lot of this talk, to me, is sort of a dance. Couldn’t agree more. Thirty years of this same dance.

But it is not anything more than banter, to use some of the formulae that you hear mouthed by different people. Part of our job, I guess, is just to sit back and listen and then go about our business which is one step at a time. Oh, the arrogance.

I have to just do what I think puts our team in the best position to win. Even if it is a short-term issue with our fans. A short-term issue? A short-term issue?!!? Oh, boy.

They’re going to come when we win. No, they’re not. Unless winning somehow is redefined at PBS.

In some ways, ours is a hard market. It is the fact that our people are judgmental about us. They are often easy to condemn when it doesn’t go to their standards. Someone, please hand Mr. Brown a towel in which to weep. Have the taxpayers pay for it.

But we’re coming off a run of playoff years and they began to see that as the bare minimum. Well, maybe for them it is. For most people in this league, it’s a pretty solid achievement.

That last sentence is really all you need to hear. Solid achievement equals no playoff wins in 27 years. Fans should shut up and be happy with that. Be like “most people in the league.’’ After all, Brown kept the team here. Stop griping and start genuflecting.

Man, I need to lie down in a cool place.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/columnists/paul-daugherty/2018/01/22/what-mike-brown-doesnt-understand-and-never/1053569001/

And we wonder why Jim couldn’t get out of Cincy fast enough?

Edit: Sorry about the italics. Couldn’t get them to post like in the actual article.

Reply/Quote