Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start
(09-28-2017, 03:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: Cant use that excuse, Lewis has had many talented players and coaches in past and still came up empty handed EVERY time. Look at the source! 

I think that therein is the issue. Some teams fire a coach if they don't win a playoff game in 2-3 years.

Marvin is 0-7. SEVEN chances.

You'd think they would have won one by accident by now!
Reply/Quote
I have a hard time picturing Mike saying this.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The sad truth is that Brown's biggest blunder was not hiring Zimmer as head coach, and firing Lewis. I just think if Zimmer was the head coach this team would be much better. They cant keep loosing quality assistant coaches and keep Lewis as the head coach because it shows his weaknesses as a head coach that much more.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 04:04 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: The sad truth is that Brown's biggest blunder was not hiring Zimmer as head coach, and firing Lewis. I just think if Zimmer was the head coach this team would be much better. They cant keep loosing quality assistant coaches and keep Lewis as the head coach because it shows his weaknesses as a head coach that much more.

Hard to say that.  He hasn't really done anything to write home about with the Vikings.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 04:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Hard to say that.  He hasn't really done anything to write home about with the Vikings.

His defenses collapsed in the playoffs too. The Vikings have been underwhelmed by Zimmer. His style of motivation only goes so far.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 04:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Hard to say that.  He hasn't really done anything to write home about with the Vikings.

Really in 2015 he was 11-5 and lost to the Seahawks in the playoff game on a fluked missed.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 03:11 PM)GodFather Wrote: I don't think the team ever recovered from that loss and keeping Marvin while a the same time losing Hue.

:andy: :andy: :andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

(09-28-2017, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: His defenses collapsed in the playoffs too. The Vikings have been underwhelmed by Zimmer. His style of motivation only goes so far.

Maybe so, but I think Zimmer was exactly the type of coach that needed to follow Lewis.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: His defenses collapsed in the playoffs too. The Vikings have been underwhelmed by Zimmer. His style of motivation only goes so far.

His defense collapsed in the playoffs they lost 10-9 to the Seahawks. That's pretty good keeping a team to ten points in a playoff game. Again I just think Zimmer is better coach than Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 04:18 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: His defense collapsed in the playoffs they lost 10-9 to the Seahawks. That's pretty good keeping a team to ten points in a playoff game. Again I just think Zimmer is better coach than Lewis.

I'm referring to here.

No matter what coaches we bring in...bad stuff follows them. It's the organizational culture.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 01:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm going to take this as a positive in that Brown is considering firing Lewis AND firing him mid-season. I don't worry that if MB does, he will not go through with a coaching search in the offseason. I DO worry, he might give too much thought to whomever the interim HC was and not do a thorough coaching search.

BTW, is it possible that Brown is correct on the talent? Aside from the OL, we do have some decent-to-good talent. But, even with the OL, are the problems fixable? How much of the issues with the OL are due to mental errors and technique? I'm honestly asking.

I'm no OL expert to say the least but I feel our run blocking technique SUCKS ! Watch basically any other good team, really watch the OL. They are attempting to drive and maneuver the D.

Our line basically stands straight up on running plays and kinda just catches/gets in the way of the D. They're not the aggressor in other words.

Watch the two plays near the end of the first TD drive in the GB game, both Mixon runs. Bodine gets driven right into the lane Mixon is trying to hit. it's like he's just trying to be an obstacle, not really block ?

Perhaps Sunset or Royal or whomever can elaborate ?
Reply/Quote
This will make a lot of people happy but I doubt it was Marvin that decided to let Whitworth leave and Zeitler. Or Marvin Jones or decide to let Pacman stay on the roster. I honestly wonder what Marvin career would look like if he had a capable owner.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 04:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm no OL expert to say the least but I feel our run blocking technique SUCKS ! Watch basically any other good team, really watch the OL. They are attempting to drive and maneuver the D.

Our line basically stands straight up on running plays and kinda just catches/gets in the way of the D. They're not the aggressor in other words.

Watch the two plays near the end of the first TD drive in the GB game, both Mixon runs. Bodine gets driven right into the lane Mixon is trying to hit. it's like he's just trying to be an obstacle, not really block ?

That's the technique Alexander teaches. A lineman can either engage the defense or let the defense engage you. His technique lets the defense engage our guys.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 04:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm no OL expert to say the least but I feel our run blocking technique SUCKS ! Watch basically any other good team, really watch the OL. They are attempting to drive and maneuver the D.

Bodine is awful and has been for three years. It is ridiculous that he remains our starting center and it is even more ridiculous that Alexander has not even attempted to find competition for Bodine. If people wonder why Andy does not handle pressure well, having your center thrown back in your face during the majority of your career on most plays does not breed confidence in a QB.

Marv and Alexander are responsible for the drafting of Bodine, Og and Fisher. They should be held accountable for the complete mess that exists on one of the worst o lines in the league. Having cut 4 or 5 draft picks this year, it is mind boggling that Bengals repeatedly refuse to  draft anyone to compete with Bodine or use a higher pick in 2017 to draft a quality tackle or guard. Beyond unbelievable.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 05:42 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Bodine is awful and has been for three years. It is ridiculous that he remains our starting center and it is even more ridiculous that Alexander has not even attempted to find competition for Bodine. If people wonder why Andy does not handle pressure well, having your center thrown back in your face during the majority of your career on most plays does not breed confidence in a QB.

Marv and Alexander are responsible for the drafting of Bodine, Og and Fisher. They should be held accountable for the complete mess that exists on one of the worst o lines in the league. Having cut 4 or 5 draft picks this year, it is mind boggling that Bengals repeatedly refuse to  draft anyone to compete with Bodine or use a higher pick in 2017 to draft a quality tackle or guard. Beyond unbelievable.

we give duke turbin a lot of credit for the talent on the roster.. He needs some of the blame too lol...

They drafted a lineman this year but Hopkins beat him off the roster. (now hes back on the PS Dielman that is)

Our OL really hasn't been anything better than average since 2005  other than maybe 2015 (but we did a ton of gimmick plays as well).      Whit and boiling held the left down well enough in the past but the right other that the 1 year andre played at a high level (contract year of course)   it was always a mess since big willie left.   

Hue and Gruden did a good job of masking that weakness with their playcalling and fast quick plays. imo.  
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 05:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we give duke turbin a lot of credit for the talent on the roster..

'Duke Turbin' sounds like the name of a bad comic book character. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 06:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 'Duke Turbin' sounds like the name of a bad comic book character. Smirk

Wasn't that Jonny Quest's BFF?
Reply/Quote
Hmm...is it the Oline sucks because PA can’t coach or because Tobin isn’t drafting talented players? I’m firmly in the “PA can’t coach” camp. I’d love to see what Mudd, Pollack or Cable could do with Ced and Fisher.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 07:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hmm...is it the Oline sucks because PA can’t coach or because Tobin isn’t drafting talented players? I’m firmly in the “PA can’t coach” camp. I’d love to see what Mudd, Pollack or Cable could do with Ced and Fisher.

The answer is both, and it must be added that Duke is drafting the guys PA wants, which makes him the double culprit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 03:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that therein is the issue. Some teams fire a coach if they don't win a playoff game in 2-3 years.

Marvin is 0-7. SEVEN chances.

You'd think they would have won one by accident by now!
Marvin has made a total mockery of the Law of Averages.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote