Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Doesn't Expect Another Year
The Front Office knows there must be a change and will not renew Lewis's contract. Hue will be the new HC for 2019. No proof but I feel it.

The entire organization should be obliterated from top-down but stay in Cincinnati.

Katie should refuse to hire Hue and create a buzz that the Bengals will search for new HC. That would renew hope among the fan-base. This organization needs a reset badly.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 01:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Front Office knows there must be a change and will not renew Lewis's contract.  Hue will be the new HC for 2019.  No proof but I feel it.  

The entire organization should be obliterated from top-down but stay in Cincinnati.  

Katie should refuse to hire Hue and create a buzz that the Bengals will search for new HC.  That would renew hope among the fan-base.  This organization needs a reset badly.

I agree with all of this.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 12:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: I thought it was interesting Hobson discounted the injury excuse and acted as if him not returning was a real possibility.

Hobson can go too.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 01:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hobson can go too.

Hell yes.  Please.  So annoying.  The Medical staff needs to be replaced.  

The Team should file for new uniforms and alter the helmets somewhat.  I don't know how because I like the current helmets but it is a Mike Brown creation.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 01:22 PM)3wt Wrote: I don't think that's what he meant, nor do I think he'd say that even if he thought it.

I think his sole focus now is stopping the horrendous slide.   He has a lot of poor qualities as a coach, but he's not the kind of guy that automatically assumes his right to his job.  And he's not stupid enough to wonder what all the fuss is about.   It's been a terrible and embarrassing slide.

I'm pretty sure his pre-occupation is stopping the slide not worrying about next years employment.  I think that's what he meant.

The administration and coaching staff have flaws.  Serious ones.   But they're not self aggrandizing idiots. 

Now Paul Alexander.  He's a different story.  But he's gone.
That is exactly what they are, especially The Family.  The Brown family believes simply being born pr marrying in makes you a football professional.  They hold every important job in the front office based on nothing but nepotism. 

And Marv believes he knows what the hell he is doing and that he can fix this monumental mess, despite the ever growing mountain of evidence to the contrary.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 01:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Front Office knows there must be a change and will not renew Lewis's contract.  Hue will be the new HC for 2019.  No proof but I feel it.  

Katie should refuse to hire Hue and create a buzz that the Bengals will search for new HC.  That would renew hope among the fan-base.  This organization needs a reset badly.

Katie won't change a damn thing.  She learned everything she knows at the feet of her bumbling master.  There is not one iota of concern for what the fans want.   Cha-ching is the only sound she hears, just like Daddy.   It doesn't take Einstein to see that. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 01:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Hell yes.  Please.  So annoying.  The Medical staff needs to be replaced.  

The Team should file for new uniforms and alter the helmets somewhat.  I don't know how because I like the current helmets [b]but it is a Mike Brown creation.  [//b]

Really?? Wow... I could have sworn the helmets were a Paul Brown creation.

Anyway, I agree with a uniform alteration. Preferably a return to something very similar to what we had in the late 90’s-early 2000’s (complete with the tiger head and leaping tiger logos as well... and get rid of that punk-ass “B” while we’re at it Whatever )

I wouldn’t change a single thing about the helmets, though. You don’t mess with perfection.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 02:37 PM)McC Wrote: Katie won't change a damn thing.  She learned everything she knows at the feet of her bumbling master.  There is not one iota of concern for what the fans want.   Cha-ching is the only sound she hears, just like Daddy.   It doesn't take Einstein to see that. 

You’re most likely right.

But keep in mind, Mikey Boy (in theory) learned all he knows from his Dad. I think it’s safe to say none of it stuck. Sometimes the apple does fall far from the tree...

We can only hope that Katie takes more after her grandfather than her miserly father.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 02:37 PM)McC Wrote: Katie won't change a damn thing.  She learned everything she knows at the feet of her bumbling master.  There is not one iota of concern for what the fans want.   Cha-ching is the only sound she hears, just like Daddy.   It doesn't take Einstein to see that. 

What makes you say that about Katie? Yes, there's no doubt it's true of Mikey boy, but just because she's his daughter doesn't mean she'll do exactly the same thing. At one point in time, I followed in my father's footsteps and did the same job as he did in the same company. But, I was not my dad and did not do the job nearly the same (and in all honesty, not nearly as well as my dad).

So, while it is most definitely possible that Katie could end up being Mike Brown Jr, I need to see evidence of that before I automatically assume she'll end up that way.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
There are excuses for some coaches but not Marvin. It is one thing to be decimated by injuries and be fired up and competitive but this team just rolls over and plays dead. It makes the same mistakes over and over and over. That is on the coach. Marvin has done good things while he has been here and he should be applauded but it is time to go.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 03:43 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Thank God because I think he lost his passion a few years ago, but Marvin sounds like he knows he's on his way out and even admits that he should be:

At least he's admitting that he has no business being a head coach and that we should have a few playoff wins by now.

I hope Mike sees this and finally cuts the cord, even though the only reason he's kept Marvin is because Marvin doesn't stir the pot too much.

We might still be able to make a run while AJ, Andy, Geno and crew are still in their prime enough to produce!

Good, but i will believe when i see him axed.

Until then we just don't know. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 03:43 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Thank God because I think he lost his passion a few years ago, but Marvin sounds like he knows he's on his way out and even admits that he should be:

At least he's admitting that he has no business being a head coach and that we should have a few playoff wins by now.

I hope Mike sees this and finally cuts the cord, even though the only reason he's kept Marvin is because Marvin doesn't stir the pot too much.

We might still be able to make a run while AJ, Andy, Geno and crew are still in their prime enough to produce!

You're taking that out of context.

It asked if he's asked for any assurances...and he said no.
Reply/Quote

They should have knew that change was needed after last year...and his contract was up. And...they renewed him.

It's what they do. They wait until things are out of control to make a change...then they do it.

Just like they finally made a trade for a Tackle in the offseason. Too little...too late.
Reply/Quote
[Image: zOzvuwD.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 04:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What makes you say that about Katie? Yes, there's no doubt it's true of Mikey boy, but just because she's his daughter doesn't mean she'll do exactly the same thing. At one point in time, I followed in my father's footsteps and did the same job as he did in the same company. But, I was not my dad and did not do the job nearly the same (and in all honesty, not nearly as well as my dad).

So, while it is most definitely possible that Katie could end up being Mike Brown Jr, I need to see evidence of that before I automatically assume she'll end up that way.

What is her training to be an NFL executive?  Who trained her?  What's her qualification?  Right, a sperm and an egg.  How competent are people trained by incompetents?

You often hear how much more involved she is in running the team than the old man.  Marvin, who was her guy, still has a job and here we are in the third shit storm of a season in a row and nothing is done about anything.  So, either she has no influence or she rolls just like Daddy.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 08:23 PM)McC Wrote: What is her training to be an NFL executive?  Who trained her?  What's her qualification?  Right, a sperm and an egg.  How competent are people trained by incompetents?

You often hear how much more involved she is in running the team than the old man.  Marvin, who was her guy, still has a job and here we are in the third shit storm of a season in a row and nothing is done about anything.  So, either she has no influence or she rolls just like Daddy.

And, knowing our luck as Bengals fans, we can probably guess which is correct.  That would be knee-slapper, right?  The old man, one day, is finally out of the picture, and in steps Katie.  And, it turns out, she's just like the old man, just a lot younger.  Maybe one of her daughters will be our salvation.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 08:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: And, knowing our luck as Bengals fans, we can probably guess which is correct.  That would be knee-slapper, right?  The old man, one day, is finally out of the picture, and in steps Katie.  And, it turns out, she's just like the old man, just a lot younger.  Maybe one of her daughters will be our salvation.  

Well, I might be able to outlast the next generation but no way will I get to the one after that.

Reply/Quote