Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown .. PERIOD!
I know this is the place where we all like to voice things that SHOULD happen, and things that will PROBABLY happen, and that’s what forums are all about.

With MB in control, I’ve decided to follow the old, hope for the best, but expect the worst scenario ... PERIOD!

I try to stay in the mentality of, ‘OK what will MB most likely do in response to this or that situation.

EVERYTHING hinges on how much longer he hangs on as owner, AND what will change, if anything, AFTER he vacates!

I can sit here and vent on what I believe should be changed from personnel to policies.

MB is the ONLY one who has the ‘power’ to make those changes, and we all know it is what it is with this man and things will probably remain status quo.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 01:57 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I know this is the place where we all like to voice things that SHOULD happen, and things that will PROBABLY happen, and that’s what forums are all about.

With MB in control, I’ve decided to follow the old, hope for the best, but expect the worst scenario ... PERIOD!

I try to stay in the mentality of,  ‘OK what will MB most likely do in response to this or that situation.

EVERYTHING hinges on how much longer he hangs on as owner, AND what will change, if anything, AFTER he vacates!

I can sit here and vent on what I believe should be changed from personnel to policies.

MB is the ONLY one who has the ‘power’ to make those changes, and we all know it is what it is with this man and things will probably remain status quo.

I hate to be a Debbie downer but Katie, Troy, and Duke are going to continue to run this thing just like Mike did well after he's gone.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yeah...basically on Bengals.com there are articles about how the Bengals Management structure isn't the issue.
Reply/Quote
They just have to play better
You guys make it sound like the eenie meeny miney mo approach doesn't work or something.. 
I ask you.. When has eenie meeny miney mo not been the path forward to victory and a sure fire method to vanquish our foes?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...basically on Bengals.com there are articles about how the Bengals Management structure isn't the issue.

lol surprise. I mean if I were ****** up at my job I sure the hell wouldn't be letting my staff write articles that reflected poorly on me either.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:25 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: lol surprise. I mean if I were ****** up at my job I sure the hell wouldn't be letting my staff write articles that reflected poorly on me either.

"My boss sucks and is a complete moron" has always been the way to win over people with the power to fire them..  I mean if YOU were in charge wouldn't you love to hear your underlings call you derogatory names and insinuate that you're incompetent? Why, no other method has ever proven to influence people to be better.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: "My boss sucks and is a complete moron" has always been the way to win over people with the power to fire them..  I mean if YOU were in charge wouldn't you love to hear your underlings call you derogatory names and insinuate that you're incompetent? Why, no other method has ever proven to influence people to be better.. 

I agree...but generally what Hobson says is fairly accurate to the pulse of Management.

His article seems to be saying they will not rely on free agency, use the draft, keep the coaching staff, and not make changes to management.

ie: Status quo
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: "My boss sucks and is a complete moron" has always been the way to win over people with the power to fire them..  I mean if YOU were in charge wouldn't you love to hear your underlings call you derogatory names and insinuate that you're incompetent? Why, no other method has ever proven to influence people to be better.. 

The problem with the Brown family is that they are immune to criticism. I'm sure they get word of what's being said about them in the local and national stage, but in the end they don't care. That's partly why Mike does his once a year sit down with some of local guys. I'm willing to bet that there's a lot of stuff that's "off limits" in order to get your bowl of mock turtle soup with the man. Honestly im surprised they've let Lapham stick around and he what I would call mildly critical.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I agree...but generally what Hobson says is fairly accurate to the pulse of Management.

His article seems to be saying they will not rely on free agency, use the draft, keep the coaching staff, and not make changes to management.

ie: Status quo

Prepare for another season of The Inbreds, the reality TV show about a family run football team. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
They take great efforts to find that one cheap, bargain-bin free-agent that plays adequately so they can save money while thumping their chests about how much value they got and how they didn't break the bank. They forget about all the times that practice has failed.

You know they will be more than willing to roll with a Williams-Jerry-Hopkins-Jordan-Hart line next year in front of (insert QB name here).
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:51 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The problem with the Brown family is that they are immune to criticism. I'm sure they get word of what's being said about them in the local and national stage, but in the end they don't care. That's partly why Mike does his once a year sit down with some of local guys. I'm willing to bet that there's a lot of stuff that's "off limits" in order to get your bowl of mock turtle soup with the man. Honestly im surprised they've let Lapham stick around and he what I would call mildly critical.

Yup. They don’t care. The family is worth a billion dollars and they make millions every year. Anyone else’s opinion of them and how they do things is irrelevant.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This team looks like Mike Brown's period.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote