Poll: Is Mike Brown in charge of Bengals drafts?
This poll is closed.
Yes
72.41%
21 72.41%
No
24.14%
7 24.14%
Neither, he was kidnapped in 1990
3.45%
1 3.45%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown Poll
Let's settle this once and for all. Is Mike Brown in charge of drafting for 2020 and has always been in charge of the draft or is someone else in charge of our drafts?

Or was Mike Brown kidnapped by the Rooneys and we have an imposter?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
No way to actually know the answer to this question.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I think Tobin and Brown have said in the past that Tobin is in charge of the draft, but Brown always has the final say if he decides he wants something different than Tobin.
Reply/Quote
The answer is yes and for these reasons:

A. Mike Brown puts the people there who help him decide.
B. He's the tie breaker.
C. His views on the draft and what's important infect the entire team.

No team keeps a 1 win coach, but Mike Brown probably will. I'm pretty much expecting the team to tank again in the upcoming draft. Sure they have the top pick, but when you pick first in every round and you have as many holes as the Bengals, anything less than an amazing draft is fail because this team now needs an amazing draft just to get back to the 6 wins of only a season ago.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 05:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think Tobin and Brown have said in the past that Tobin is in charge of the draft, but Brown always has the final say if he decides he wants something different than Tobin.

If that is true, then yes, Mike Brown absolutely controls the draft.  "You can make the selections, so long as I agree with them"?   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 05:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If that is true, then yes, Mike Brown absolutely controls the draft.  "You can make the selections, so long as I agree with them"?   LOL

It didn’t come across as an every pick thing, but more of an occasional thing when Mike really, really wants a certain player or if there’s some kind of a deadlock amongst the scouts and coaches. But, overall, yes Mike does control the draft by having the final say when he wants to. Probably how we got Ross.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 05:34 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The answer is yes and for these reasons:

A. Mike Brown puts the people there who help him decide.
B. He's the tie breaker.
C. His views on the draft and what's important infect the entire team.

No team keeps a 1 win coach, but Mike Brown probably will. I'm pretty much expecting the team to tank again in the upcoming draft. Sure they have the top pick, but when you pick first in every round and you have as many holes as the Bengals, anything less than an amazing draft is fail because this team now needs an amazing draft just to get back to the 6 wins of only a season ago.

1 win teams...
1980 Saints....Dick Nolan fired after game 12 but was there 3 years previous
1989 Cowboys...Jimmy Johnson...1st NFL gig...not gonna day anymore...we all know what he did
1990 Pats....Rod Rust..fired after season 1
1991 Colts...Ron Meyer fired after game 5 but was there 4 years previous
1996 Jets...Rich Kotite fired after the season and 2nd year
2000 Chargers...Mike Reilly...Same as Kotite
2001 Panthers...George Seifert after season and 2nd year
2007 Miami Dolphins...Cam Cameron...1st NFL gig and fired after the season
2009 Rams...Steve Spagnuolo....1st NFL HC gig...stayed for 2 more seasons
2016 Browns...Hue....was 0-16 the next year

Of 10 times happening only Cam Cameron and Rod Rust were rookie NFL head coaches that went 1-15 and fired after 1 season

3 times the coach was retained for at least 1 more year

5 were fired after the season or mid season after being there multiple years

Odds are that there will be no firing of the HC.
Reply/Quote
I'd be shocked if he doesn't have final say.
Reply/Quote
Mike is too busy flirting with that young girl at “Denny’s “ with a goal to get an extra sausage link. I think Katie, who takes a break from Shaggy once in awhile makes the decisions - and she still thinks a football is a cow egg with stitches. SMH!

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 06:20 PM)spazz70 Wrote: 1 win teams...
1980 Saints....Dick Nolan fired after game 12 but was there 3 years previous
1989 Cowboys...Jimmy Johnson...1st NFL gig...not gonna day anymore...we all know what he did
1990 Pats....Rod Rust..fired after season 1
1991 Colts...Ron Meyer fired after game 5 but was there 4 years previous
1996 Jets...Rich Kotite fired after the season and 2nd year
2000 Chargers...Mike Reilly...Same as Kotite
2001 Panthers...George Seifert after season and 2nd year
2007 Miami Dolphins...Cam Cameron...1st NFL gig and fired after the season
2009 Rams...Steve Spagnuolo....1st NFL HC gig...stayed for 2 more seasons
2016 Browns...Hue....was 0-16 the next year

Of 10 times happening only Cam Cameron and Rod Rust were rookie NFL head coaches that went 1-15 and fired after 1 season

3 times the coach was retained for at least 1 more year

5 were fired after the season or mid season after being there multiple years

Odds are that there will be no firing of the HC.

You cannot keep a 1 win coach and expect to win. Jimmy Johnson was already an accomplished coach with national championship and Dallas actually had a real plan. Taylor has accomplished nothing in his entire career and the Bengals really don't have a plan.

Reply/Quote
Early results are MB is still the GM and making draft decisions.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I seem to remember Mike Brown saying he wanted Colin Kaepernick but Marvin and Duke wanted Dalton and he deferred to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 05:34 PM)BengalChris Wrote: No team keeps a 1 win coach, but Mike Brown probably will.

Steelers kept Chuck Knoll after he went 1-13 in 1969.
Cowboys kept Jimmy Johnson after he went 1-15 in 1989.
Rams kept Steve Spaguolo after he went 1-15 in 2009.
Chargers kept Mike Riley after he went 1-15 in 2000.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown had a race change operation and became Vince Young after he was booted out of the league.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote