Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mike Brown Positives?
There is no love loss between fans and Mike Brown over the years, but I have a question. Does Mike Brown care more about his players than 90% of owners out there? He gets a lot of flack for bringing in guys who want 2nd or 3rd chances, he almost always honors his contracts with players, stuck with coaches for longer than most would have, and the fact he took out time to write a letter to not only Joe Burrow, but his parents says a lot about the character of the guy to me.

Maybe this is just coming because of the great offseason and draft thus far or maybe he's just a misunderstood old man who's always lived in his father's shadow.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Mike is a nice guy. Too nice. That's the problem.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is a nice guy who genuinely cares about his players. He drives a hard bargain when he negotiates which can lead to some hard feelings and adds to his "cheap stake" reputation. But players who sign are generally in a win-win situation. His biggest problem is that he wants to run the team like it is still 1980 and not 2020

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 06:57 PM)pally Wrote: Mike Brown is a nice guy who genuinely cares about his players. He drives a hard bargain when he negotiates which can lead to some hard feelings and adds to his "cheap stake"  reputation. But players who sign are generally in a win-win situation.  His biggest problem is that he wants to run the team like it is still 1980 and not 2020

Totally agree. Guy has a huge heart, can't forget Leah. 
Reply/Quote
The Brown family is football in Ohio.

I took my Son and his Cousin to a football camp last June and was talking with one of the coaches. He told me the Brown family donates lots of money to football programs all over the state from peewee up.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Heart of gold & a head like a rock.
Reply/Quote
Guys his generation are stubborn as hell. Just like my father
Reply/Quote
He’s a nice guy. Just not to the fans.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 07:35 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Heart of gold & a head like a rock.

The slogan that Chevy didn't use.

But, yeah, pretty much.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 06:57 PM)pally Wrote: Mike Brown is a nice guy who genuinely cares about his players. He drives a hard bargain when he negotiates which can lead to some hard feelings and adds to his "cheap stake"  reputation. But players who sign are generally in a win-win situation.  His biggest problem is that he wants to run the team like it is still 1980 and not 2020

Also somewhat of a misconception. MB pays his players very well. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 07:38 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Guys his generation are stubborn as hell.  Just like my father

& me.
Reply/Quote
I think there's always been the good and the bad. The good..loyalty. I value loyalty as long as it's not misplaced. Sometimes his loyalty has been misplaced, sometimes not. 
He's made some real bonehead moves over the years and often sticks with them against all evidence of how bad they are/were, but he's never struck me as a mean person. I do believe he's finally changing if for no other reason than old age. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote