Poll: This Offseason Mike Brown Will:
Fire Marvin Lewis
Give Marvin Lewis An Extension
Do Nothing And Let Marvin Coach Next Year With No Extension Added To His Current Contract
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown Prediction, Make Yours And Live By It!
Ok so everyone has an opinion of what will transpire this offseason. You have three choices, and lets see who wins. Pick one of these outcomes Mike Brown does this offseason:

Mike Brown will:

A) Fire Marvin Lewis

B) Give Marvin another extension

C) Let Marvin coach next season but giving no extension to his contract

There is no doubt in my mind that Mike will give Marvin another one year extension like he has been doing and keep the Groundhog train running at full steam.

What's your prediction?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:51 PM)GodFather Wrote: Ok so everyone has an opinion of what will transpire this offseason. You have three choices, and lets see who wins. Pick one of these outcomes Mike Brown does this offseason:

Mike Brown will:

A) Fire Marvin Lewis

B) Give Marvin another extension

C) Let Marvin coach next season but giving no extension to his contract

There is no doubt in my mind that Mike will give Marvin another one year extension like he has been doing and keep the Groundhog train running at full steam.

What's your prediction?

Now that the season is officially a wash, I want the front office to make a change. But I know enough about how the organization typically works to know that making a grand gesture is not their M.O.  so I voted "C"

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
My heart says C, my head says B.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
lol C pays.
Reply/Quote
I think this season finally gets Marvin shit canned.

The last time we had a season like this it was really close but Mike decided to keep him and it almost paid off.
Reply/Quote
More of a chance that Marvin steps down than Mikey pulling the trigger. I voted "C"
Reply/Quote
C because change is bad in Brown's head. Look how long it took the team to can Nugent.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:42 PM)Burma Wrote: Now that the season is officially a wash, I want the front office to make a change. But I know enough about how the organization typically works to know that making a grand gesture is not their M.O.  so I voted "C"

The organizations M.O is re-upping Marvin's contract for a year extension when he enters his last year. They will do it again this offseason. Marvin's excuse will be adjusting to a new coaching staff this past offseason and Mike won't want to put the work in to such a huge change and unknown factor.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 11:15 PM)GodFather Wrote: The organizations M.O is re-upping Marvin's contract for a year extension when he enters his last year. They will do it again this offseason. Marvin's excuse will be adjusting to a new coaching staff this past offseason and Mike won't want to put the work in to such a huge change and unknown factor.

Yep, sounds about right.  However, I don't know if I have enough interest left to endure a 4th reboot of this team.  Whatever 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 12:01 AM)Burma Wrote: Yep, sounds about right.  However, I don't know if I have enough interest left to endure a 4th reboot of this team.  Whatever 
Guys and Gals,
I want to write a letter to the Bengal's F.O. and would like your reasoned input. I will work on it Monday and post a draft on this thread. Your feedback and suggestions are needed and much welcomed. Yes, I realize it will have zero effect, but I feel the need to try anyway. THANKS, I can't take much more of this franchise. Derrick.
Reply/Quote
I went with do nothing simply because I don't think Brown will react to a one year drop off like this year.

If he has another bad year, he's gone. If he rebounds, he extends.

It isn't what I want....I'm ready to move on, but this is my prediction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1 year extension until he dies
Reply/Quote
I will predict right now that Mikey will fire Marvin this off season but we will never know, he will let Marvin "retire" as a show of respect.
Reply/Quote
I predict Marvin will stay or resign.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Give Marvin another 1 year extension. He doesn't like lame duck coaches.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown will do nothing for now and I doubt we'll hear anything until well into next pre-season. He may announce a week before next season that he's going to let it ride and see what happens ?
Reply/Quote
(D) None of the Above

My prediction: Marvin Lewis will be interviewed to coach the Jaguars and the Rams, gets hired by the Rams, and Cincinnati will have to do a quick but thorough search for a new coach.
Reply/Quote
Marvin is under contract until the end of 2017. He can't just go interview. We can trade him to the Jags.... And that's a good fit. His accomplishments here will look good there. In a weak division. Maybe the Jags will come calling. We sure as hell won't call them and offer him up in a savvy play of hand. I'd take their 1st for Marvin. To open negotiations. Throw in Alexander for a little sweetener. If that doesn't work we can swap 7th's.

I pick C.

D. Mike Brown fires Marvin and names Paul Alexander as HC with an eye on continuity is an even realer possibility. Should we trust MB to pick the next coach? He was blind to Zimmer being right under his nose.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I see most people have chosen the last option, and I don't believe it for a second. Regardless of his faults, MB is an excellent businessman. It is bad business to have a lame duck coach. Thus I believe Marvien gets his normal 1 year extension.
Reply/Quote
I say "do nothing", as I'm not sure Marvin knows how long he wants to coach at this point.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote