Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike Brown and the Lamar Hunt Trophy
(01-31-2022, 03:51 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I thought the samething. It was kinda sad. The main is a class act and very humble. Congrats Mike you deserve it, the team deserves it and all us fans deserve it!

His daughter was there. Like 2 rows below him, but still. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:08 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: It was pretty funny when they showed the owners box of the Chiefs that had like 25 people and looked like a party then they switched to Mike Brown sitting alone just watching the game like one of us sitting on our couch.

Like Sand said below I'm glad it wasn't a party but it looked lonely. Felt for him.

(01-31-2022, 01:41 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Haven't always agreed with the man (understatement), but he's still the owner of my team, and it warmed my heart seeing him get back on top before he passes.

100% agree Shake. I've given my share of grief to the man over the years but as much heat as the fanbase has given to him he still thanked the city and had class. It was a great moment. 

(01-31-2022, 03:51 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I thought the samething. It was kinda sad. The main is a class act and very humble. Congrats Mike you deserve it, the team deserves it and all us fans deserve it!

I agree with you. It was actually sad and I hope it was by his own choice. I kept thinking where is his daughter and grand daughter and just anyone. 

If he wanted to be alone, all good but would have been nice to see someone talking with him about the game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'll always stop short of praising any billionaires. Just one of my personal rules lol. But seeing Mikey up there today, I can't deny he looked almost... likable. I'm glad he'll now get some shine after decades of blistering criticism. It feels right to me- but again, I don't care much either way.
Reply/Quote
Having him as an owner is a good thing, he gives people chances. Imagine going into a place like Dallas where you’re under constant pressure to preform now, and your job is constantly talked about. Mike gives these guys chances to build things and do their job. Most everyone wanted Taylors head after season 2, all we heard was Zac had lost the team, the locker room was in shambles, Dunlap demanding tradesc etc etc. And now look, Mike gave him chances, and time, these guys act like brothers, probably have the best locker room in the NFL. In think it’s great!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:58 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Watching Mike Brown accept the Lamar Hunt Trophy for his AFC Champion Cincinnati Bengals hit me right in the feels.  Mike is 86, not flashy, and everyone in YouTube comments sections are universally praising Mike for his gracious nature and humility.

We need to remind ourselves who Lamar Hunt was. He was not only the founder of the American Football League, the predecessor of the AFC, but hunt also founded the Kansas City Chiefs.  To see Mike Brown accept the Lamar Hunt Trophy in Arrowhead Stadium for beating Lamar Hunt’s team in his own stadium was a big moment for me.

I freely confess I may have been too hard on Mike Brown at times and now all I want is for him to hold the Lombardi Trophy and bring it back to Cincinnati.

Not even gonna lie, that's when the tears started flowing for me, and I've been as hard on Mike as anyone. It was very classy for him to acknowledge our opponents on this historic run. It's a great Dey in The Jungle! 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

That's just the way Mike has always done it. He likes to watch alone, he likes to watch every practice. I'm glad to see the old man finally get his moment in the sun.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:58 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Watching Mike Brown accept the Lamar Hunt Trophy for his AFC Champion Cincinnati Bengals hit me right in the feels.  Mike is 86, not flashy, and everyone in YouTube comments sections are universally praising Mike for his gracious nature and humility.

We need to remind ourselves who Lamar Hunt was. He was not only the founder of the American Football League, the predecessor of the AFC, but hunt also founded the Kansas City Chiefs.  To see Mike Brown accept the Lamar Hunt Trophy in Arrowhead Stadium for beating Lamar Hunt’s team in his own stadium was a big moment for me.

I freely confess I may have been too hard on Mike Brown at times and now all I want is for him to hold the Lombardi Trophy and bring it back to Cincinnati.

So happy to see Mike get to lift that trophy  dont think any one wants it more...

Lets get him one more Trophy this year.
Reply/Quote
Brown was humble and a gentleman during the trophy ceremony. It was nice seeing him have the moment.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:41 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Haven't always agreed with the man (understatement), but he's still the owner of my team, and it warmed my heart seeing him get back on top before he passes.

I'm in the same boat. I've ripped Mike Brown for a LONG time. Just so much frustration with how the team operated under him. However, it felt good seeing him hold that trophy. Of course he accepted the accolades exactly the way you'd expect him to. Kept it short and immediately moved the spotlight to someone else.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:11 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: It’s hard to believe he still runs a team. Dude is old man.

I’d be happy if he won one Super Bowl. That would change the entire trajectory of his legacy.

I honestly think if we win the SB he will officially hand the team over to Katie.
Reply/Quote

I cried when Ickey Woods handed the AFC Trophy to Mike Brown, his first one since his dad Paul Brown died 30 some years ago. 

Now to see them hand him THE LOMBARDI TROPHY for SUPER BOWL NFL CHAMPIONSHIP WIN, and then to Coach Taylor and then to Joe Cool Burrow and the entire Team. Then bring that trophy to Cincinnati for everybody who works for Bengals from Katey to Tobin to the guy that washes the uniforms to share in The Glory.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Mike has always wanted to build on his dad's legacy. Was happy to see him holding the AFC trophy and here's to him holding Cincinnati's first Lombardi.
Reply/Quote
If people think Mike Brown is stingy, they just do not follow the team very closely. MB has always paid his players well. He does things other owners do not, like being overly loyal and letting players play out their contract. He's from a different time when a man's word meant something. He hasn't been a big FA spender, but there is no denying he pays the players he drafts very well. He gets grief for no indoor facility, but he's from a time when football was practiced and played outdoors. I think if there wasn't the problem with the electrical grid, they would have enclosed the practice fields. But they can't. What he did for Devon Still and his daughter is something I doubt any other owner would have done. And I'm quite sure if MB wanted a slew of people partying in his box, there are plenty who would have loved to be there.
Reply/Quote
I know MB is not one to make apologies, but I was expecting him to apologize to the fans for finally getting to the big dance under his reign. I’ve been tough on this guy over the years, but I must admit it was nice to see him get the trophy. Such a humble guy.
Reply/Quote

Indeed

I've complained about him as much as any Bengal fan. Probably more than many. And to be fair he's deserved some of the criticism. 

But now I'm really happy for him and I hope and pray he gets a Lombardi.
Reply/Quote
You can say what you want about Mike Brown the football GM/President. He gets and deserves his fair share of criticism.

But Mike Brown the man is about as wholesome as they come. I'm happy for him.
Reply/Quote