Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown attended combine meeting with Joe Burrow
(04-01-2020, 04:34 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I can imagine mike saying "We will be very splendid to have you Joe, and we hope to have a very lucrative season..I mean..a very splendid season."

Seems to me the two would go hand in hand. 

The Bengals  probably started making Burrow jerseys the day their season ended.   And if they didn't, they should have.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 11:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: Seems Mikey was there to answer any questions Joe had about Cincy. The strangest off-season in Bengals memory keeps getting better. Hope he didn't sour Joe on us....lol.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/30/mike-brown-key-role-bengals-meet-joe-burrow/

This ought to make all of us feel better. We need this.
Reply/Quote
The whole "Mike Brown was there to answer Burrow's questions about the Bengals" thing was an eyebrow raiser to me. It was first reported by Ian Rapaport I believe, and was NOT genuine reporting. I always saw it as a hidden "burrow doesn't want to play for the Bengals" thing again. Of course since Burrow clarified this was not the case many national media types "officially" stopped saying it, but like Rapaport (who always hawked that nonsense), they just couldn't resist. So this was a way of saying it without really saying it. Brown could've been there just because everybody knows they're picking Burrow and he wanted to "meet" the 23 year old he was about to invest hundred of millions of dollars in.

So basically I'm not sure why we (or cincyjungle or whomever) are really giving this story line credit by running with it.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 08:34 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: The whole "Mike Brown was there to answer Burrow's questions about the Bengals" thing was an eyebrow raiser to me. It was first reported by Ian Rapaport I believe, and was NOT genuine reporting. I always saw it as a hidden "burrow doesn't want to play for the Bengals" thing again. Of course since Burrow clarified this was not the case many national media types "officially" stopped saying it, but like Rapaport (who always hawked that nonsense), they just couldn't resist. So this was a way of saying it without really saying it. Brown could've been there just because everybody knows they're picking Burrow and he wanted to "meet" the 23 year old he was about to invest hundred of millions of dollars in.

So basically I'm not sure why we (or cincyjungle or whomever) are really giving this story line credit by running with it.

Still nice to hear instead of the constant Stooler fan media types claiming we are going to trade the Burrow pick...
Reply/Quote
I'd worry more about the Madden curse than the Heisman one. Remember work ethic plays a part too that and the college playing style didnt mesh with NFL styles. I don't see either of those issues with Burrows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 10:18 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'd worry more about the Madden curse than the Heisman one. Remember work ethic plays a part too that and the college playing style didnt mesh with NFL styles. I don't see either of those issues with Burrows.

He was in an NFL style Offense, should be no issue.

The main issue is adapting to the NFL speed and the smarts of NFL Defenses.

There will be some struggles as happens with every rookie but Burrow is not your average rookie QB.

He is quick as it gets mentally and as accurate as any college QB going into the NFL pretty much.

The other big time issue is this damn virus thing, and how much time he can prepare to be cohesive with his new team.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 12:27 PM)McC Wrote: You don't think Lamar and Murray have already broken the curse?  Hell, Mayfield even had a very good rookie year.

Yep. People have really short memories. Mayfield broke the rookie TD record that was previously held by some guy named Peyton Manning...

I was happy to see him have a sophomore slump last season, but I’m by no means writing him off yet.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 11:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. People have really short memories. Mayfield broke the rookie TD record that was previously held by some guy named Peyton Manning...

I was happy to see him have a sophomore slump last season, but I’m by no means writing him off yet.

Apparently, it's a curse that needs to be broken over and over again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 11:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. People have really short memories. Mayfield broke the rookie TD record that was previously held by some guy named Peyton Manning...

Yeah, and he did it on a Cleveland Brown's team. Pissburgh is going to be odd man out in the AFCN when it comes to QB talent. Fat Jen is getting worse each year, and I don't even remember their newest QB pick's name, which is how impressive he was.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 11:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. People have really short memories. Mayfield broke the rookie TD record that was previously held by some guy named Peyton Manning...

I was also happy to see the "sophmore slump" rear its ugly head. Here's hoping the "Cleveland is where QBs careers go to die" rears its ugly head for the next 2-3 years.

TBH, I just don't like that jackass's attitude...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote