Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown fired...
a HC that had recently taken the team to the SB and was one of the most innovative minds in the game, then proceeded to...

Hire a guy that had no right being a HC in the NFL and kept him around long enough to go 19-52. Then...
hired a guy who, after a 7-2 finish in '96, went 14-37, quit and only coached one more year as an OC before retiring. Then...
hired a guy with no HC experience, who went 12-33 in 2+ years. Then...
hired a guy who stayed around way past his expiration date and set an NFL record by going 0-7 in his first 7 playoff games. Then...
hired a guy who has no right being a HC and will more than likely hold a 4-27-1 record after 2 years. 

How does an ivy leaue grad, lawyer to boot, perform so absolutely terribly in his job and not realize how inept and unqualifed he is, after being raised at his mothers fathers knee, possibly the greatest innovator in NFL history, knowing full well his philosophy on building an NFL team? 

Someone please help me understand how that happens in the world today. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He is a dumbass
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
.....all because Sammy wanted a say in personnel decisions. All he did was go on to have a say in drafting the foundation of a Buccaneers SB champion.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Sorry rfaulk, but it’s beyond comprehension. Some things just don’t make sense. The Cincinnati Bengals are one of those things.

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown will be 86 years old next August I believe. My hope is that he retires after this year.

The stadium lease expires in 2026. The team has to start winning. I think Katie will negotiate the next lease and hopefully the Bengals organization senses the urgency and start over with the new coaching staff next year.

In my innocence and loyalty to the Bengal franchise my hope is that Mike Brown will retire and a 30 years of misery ends there.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:33 AM)J24 Wrote: He is a dumbass

Sometimes the simplest answer is the right one. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:41 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Mike Brown will be 86 years old next August I believe.  My hope is that he retires after this year.  

The stadium lease expires in 2026.  The team has to start winning.  I think Katie will negotiate the next lease and hopefully the Bengals organization senses the urgency and start over with the new coaching staff next year.  

In my innocence and loyalty to the Bengal franchise my hope is that Mike Brown will retire and a 30 years of misery ends there.

I'm making the prediction right now. 

Mike Brown will live another 10 years and will never retire. 

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sorry rfaulk, but it’s beyond comprehension. Some things just don’t make sense. The Cincinnati Bengals are one of those things.

Answers dammit! I need answers!  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....all because Sammy wanted a say in personnel decisions. All he did was go on to have a say in drafting the foundation of a Buccaneers SB champion.

My post (his history) pretty much points to it and you look to be confirming it here...

Whatever is the right thing to do, he will do the opposite. He's destined, through his own incompetent stupidity, to always do the wrong thing. 

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:44 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm making the prediction right now. 

Paul Brown died at the age of 82.  I am not wishing the passing of Mike Brown but my logic is he's not getting any younger and something has to change and if he were to retire it would signal change of some sort.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:44 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm making the prediction right now. 

A lot easier to live that long when your quality of life is so high. And you have that kind of money. We’ll probably go through another QB even after Burrow before we’re rid of that old ****.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A lot easier to live that long when your quality of life is so high. And you have that kind of money. We’ll probably go through another QB even after Burrow before we’re rid of that old ****.

No doubt whatsoever. 

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:47 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: My post (his history) pretty much points to it and you look to be confirming it here...

Whatever is the right thing to do, he will do the opposite. He's destined, through his own incompetent stupidity, to always do the wrong thing. 

Yessir....ya know we've joked around for years as older Bengals fans about the Bo Jackson curse, but it's actually the 2nd generation curse. It just so happens that the last playoff win, the Bo Jackson game, and the death of Paul Brown were all within a year. The real death knell was turning the reigns over to a nimrod son. 

Reply/Quote
Stubbornness and a hidden, yet flawed, desire to live up to his father's innovative success.

And you guys do realize Katie and her idiot husband are no better, right? She's better with finance than her dad, but that also makes her even more frugal to some extent. Plus Troy is the VP. I'll be dead by the time Katie's daughters own the team and who knows if they have any of their great-grandfather's competence.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:30 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: a HC that had recently taken the team to the SB and was one of the most innovative minds in the game, then proceeded to...

Hire a guy that had no right being a HC in the NFL and kept him around long enough to go 19-52. Then...
hired a guy who, after a 7-2 finish in '96, went 14-37, quit and only coached one more year as an OC before retiring. Then...
hired a guy who stayed around way past his expiration date and set an NFL record by going 0-7 in his first 7 playoff games. Then...
hired a guy who has no right being a HC and will more than likely hold a 4-27-1 record after 2 years. 

How does an ivy leaue grad, lawyer to boot, perform so absolutely terribly in his job and not realize how inept and unqualifed he is, after being raised at his mothers fathers knee, possibly the greatest innovator in NFL history, knowing full well his philosophy on building an NFL team? 

The milkman was probably Mike’s real father.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:41 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: The milkman was probably Mike’s real father.

No, Mike Brown is exactly like his father. Problem is it’s not the 1950’s anymore...

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, Mike Brown is exactly like his father. Problem is it’s not the 1950’s anymore...

The Bengals most success post season wise came in the 80s. They were still winning playoff games the year Paul died. His father knew the game inside and out, invented many elements of it that are still in play today. His staffs came up with WCO and running no huddle as a base offense. Mike Brown has done NONE of this. He doesn't have the same eye for talent and acquiring players that fit your needs like his father. The old man screwed up taking Johnson for Walsh. He rectified it by hiring Forrest Gregg. Then he took a gamble on a Walsh disciple in Sam Wyche. Mikey's first order of business as owner was to fire Sam over a petty disagreement. 

Son of Paul is NOTHING like his father. The only trait they share is stubbornness.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:41 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Mike Brown will be 86 years old next August I believe.  My hope is that he retires after this year.  

The stadium lease expires in 2026.  The team has to start winning.  I think Katie will negotiate the next lease and hopefully the Bengals organization senses the urgency and start over with the new coaching staff next year.  

M Brown will survive COVID and reign the franchise another 10 yrs. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:30 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: a HC that had recently taken the team to the SB and was one of the most innovative minds in the game, then proceeded to...

Easy....No established HC is going to come here under the current team ownership.  They know the history of how this organization is run and know they will have no power if they take the job.  It is that simple.
Reply/Quote
He's hiring guys on the cheap.
Reply/Quote