Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown has failed us....
Once again. Even though he never cared about public or national opinion. You look at how Kraft came out and defended his players even though there was some truth to deflate and spygate. He spoke his mind and defended his franchise. This has become a national controversy and our owner is ignoring it and letting the narrative set in. He should be outraged just as many of us are.

We may have issues with player emotions, but no way should MB let his franchise get attacked when the league obviously holds players more accountable than Coaches. If the league doesn't expect coaches to keep their cool, then how can they blame players like Burfict and Jones?

MB should have had a press conference demanding accountability from Goodell of coaches for the integrity of the game. As repeat offenders if those were Pat coaches could you imagine the outcry.  He should have called the league out for ignoring the integrity of the game. No matter what you say, Coaches should be held to higher standards than players. No excuse for the league to turn a blind eye to Steeler coaches and organization.

Should have led by calling press conference to get out ahead of the controversy before he lost control of the narrative (what family member is in charger of pr/crisis management). At the very least released a statement to call for a full and unbiased review of everything that went down in that game from officiating to coaches to player actions.

I bet you the Rooneys were quick to get in contact with the league to defend their coaches/players. The Burfict suspension was as quick as any suspension I've ever seen come down. Why? Cause we have no one speaking up for us and MB is out of touch with what really went down Saturday (a setback for this organization after how far they've come). Goodell was nudged into that quick decision to suspend Burfict. Probably by the Rooneys who would never have been fine with our coaches actions in a big national game like that.

Weak leadership at the top got us where we are today. And may keep the Bengals from ever reaching their potential.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I would say that, if MB had something to say to the league, it most certainly would not be in the press. Have no idea what he has/hasn't or will or will not do, but I am pretty sure it will be done privately.

Anyway, it wouldn't make the least bit of difference. The league polices its teams, players and coaches. It does not police itself.

The league made this happen anyway, so what will they ever do about it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I doubt he's done anything honestly. Doesn't care about public opinion enough to be as fired up as fans are about what all went down. Not embarrassed easily, and this franchise has sunk pretty low without much from MB to show he cared.

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown has never been and will never be a vocal owner...he gives about 2 pressers per season...he is hardly even involved in the daily operations of the organization....Your whole post makes no sense...blame Katie, Troy or whomever...to blame, basically, a silent owner as you have above is jsut silly
Reply/Quote
I'm not blaming anyone. I'm looking for leadership when the franchise is under national scrutiny. Basic PR/crisis management. No doubt Rooney got Burfict suspended quickly. It happened too quick. That's leadership when you believe your organization or players have been wronged.

The problem with MB is that his franchise lives under national scrutiny. While other teams would deem this a crisis, it's just another day in the neighborhood for MB.

Sat was significant enough for a statement at least. A GM would have at least released one in any other organization. Marvin can't do it all.

This is how you defend your team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdtKQjo2LgQ

Reply/Quote
It makes you wonder what Mike is doing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/12/pete-carroll-called-the-league-about-penalty-on-kam-chancellor/

Players have to love that.

Reply/Quote
Rooney had zero to do with burfict getting suspended so quickly. That is just ridiculous. Burfict has been fined dozens of times in the past and warned repeatedly by the league about his play. That is why they did it so quickly.
Reply/Quote
You still don't see players suspended for 2016 so quickly (already). Don't be naive. Or name a player that's been suspended for the following season 2 days later. You can't. Not Suh or any other perceived dirty player.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 05:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: You still don't see players suspended for 2016 so quickly (already). Don't be naive. Or name a player that's been suspended for the following season 2 days later. You can't. Not Suh or any other perceived dirty player.

I have seen players get suspended for the next weeks game before.  This is nothing new.

Why the hell would Rooney even care how fast he was suspended?  And if Rooney has so much power then why are his players suspended all the time?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not blaming anyone. I'm looking for leadership when the franchise is under national scrutiny. Basic PR/crisis management. No doubt Rooney got Burfict suspended quickly. It happened too quick. That's leadership when you believe your organization or players have been wronged.

The problem with MB is that his franchise lives under national scrutiny. While other teams would deem this a crisis, it's just another day in the neighborhood for MB.

Sat was significant enough for a statement at least. A GM would have at least released one in any other organization. Marvin can't do it all.

Not Mikey's strong point. In fact, it's not even one of the points he's sorta okay at doing. He pretty much sucks at that completely, hence he says and does little anymore.

Reply/Quote
If he says anything to the NFL about the game it will be done in private. If there is one thing you can't say about Mike Brown it's that he bends over backwards to please the league. He is one of the few owners who will stand his ground even if nobody else agrees you see it time and time again when the media talks about how the owners voted at meetings and he will be in the minority. (Then everyone calls him a stick in the mud.) He won't even discuss the charity work he does so I highly doubt we'd see a press conference with Mike Brown calling out the league.

While it would make for some pretty fireworks it would be just that fireworks for the fans and Mike Brown isn't a man of flash and pizzazz.
Reply/Quote
Water = wet, same MB as it's always been.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
JJ22, is there a secret you want to tell us about?

[Image: image.png?w=500&c=1]

Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: I doubt he's done anything honestly. Doesn't care about public opinion enough to be as fired up as fans are about what all went down. Not embarrassed easily, and this franchise has sunk pretty low without much from MB to show he cared.

You are reaching simply so you can hate on Mike Brown. Nothing more to it than that. Kraft had to defend a franchise that has now on more than one occasion been caught cheating. Apples and Oranges bro.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not blaming anyone. I'm looking for leadership when the franchise is under national scrutiny. Basic PR/crisis management. No doubt Rooney got Burfict suspended quickly. It happened too quick. That's leadership when you believe your organization or players have been wronged.

I believe it is the Steelers and Officials that are under scrutiny. You are really spinning this aren't you?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 05:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: You still don't see players suspended for 2016 so quickly (already). Don't be naive. Or name a player that's been suspended for the following season 2 days later. You can't. Not Suh or any other perceived dirty player.

Yeah but did Suh and others do something to warrant a suspension in the very last game of a season? I honestly dont know. Interesting to see if there is any past precedence tho.

But here is food for thought. Lets say Pitt shanks that field goal like the Vikings did and the Bengals ended up winning. The league would have suspended him just the same going forward in the playoffs, so I dont have a problem with the timing of it. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: But here is food for thought. Lets say Pitt shanks that field goal like the Vikings did and the Bengals ended up winning. 

Can...can you please make that happen?

[Image: nocrying.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Give me Mike Brown over Jerry Jones any day of the week.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Give me Mike Brown and Jerry Jones shipwrecked together on an uncharted Pacific atoll inhabited by rabid rats any day of the week.

Fixed.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote